Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Windshield Wiper Problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Windshield Wiper Problem...

As you all may know, the Northeast right now is gettin hit with some serious rain/snow and I happened to be driving in it. So, obivously, I was using my wipers driving home tonight and I noticed when the wipers went down, they almost looked like they were bouncing off of something. They would bump up and down and crazy. It wasn't because the windshield was dry, it was plenty wet being that it's downpouring. I don't know if it's the motor wearing out or what. I found it strange so I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem. Let me know! Thanks in advance

Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You may need new wipers. Mines done that a few times but it just goes away.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipers

Originally Posted by g35freak86
As you all may know, the Northeast right now is gettin hit with some serious rain/snow and I happened to be driving in it. So, obivously, I was using my wipers driving home tonight and I noticed when the wipers went down, they almost looked like they were bouncing off of something. They would bump up and down and crazy. It wasn't because the windshield was dry, it was plenty wet being that it's downpouring. I don't know if it's the motor wearing out or what. I found it strange so I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem. Let me know! Thanks in advance
Mines also. They seem to slam to the bottom of the window. I tried re-adjusting them by taking out my wipers and positioning slightly higher than their original position, however, the left wiper is now slamming against the right part of the window. Motor probably needs to be replaced.

S.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:41 PM
the motor is probably my guess. I don't see how it could be the blade though. It's not even touching the glass when it does it. It's really strange and hard to describe. It almost looks like its bouncing off of something when it goes down

Old 01-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Motor? I would think it was the spring. Maybe it doesn't have enough tension anymore.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Patrick
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine does the same thing, it is the most annoying thing I have on my car. It is not the wipers, I have had mine replaced multiple times and it still does it. I always assumed it was the motor, just because I didn't know there was a "spring".lol.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:23 AM
haha yeah same with me. When I read the comment about the spring... I was like there's a spring in the wipers? lol I'll ask the stealership what it may be being that I am taking it in for service very soon. I'll keep everyone posted

Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
any thing new on the stupid annoying wiper bouncing? mine does it as well and is AGGRIVATING AS HELL!

Old 01-27-2008, 11:48 PM
really weird. it only did it the night I posted this thread and hasn't done it since (knock on wood). I have no idea what the cause of it was nor has it happened again. Hopefully it was just a one time thing. I am bringing my car in for service this week so I will ask about it and get back to you on it

Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 PM
haha..must be nice..mine does it all the dam time.but didnt do it wen i got the car tho...but yea,let us know if you can....thanks

Old 01-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same **** happends to me.. It slams down hard to! I haven't checked it out but it only seems to do it when the windsheild is wet and slick. I figured it was something with a spring or something, like theirs not enough tention/friction to slow it down when its wet so it just slams down.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad I am not the only one! Well, "glad" is the wrong word

I did not see anyone else mention this though, mine only does it when they are running "intermittent"...

As soon as I turn them on full they are fine!

Common sense tells me it is something in the motor, but it only started when I switched to those new Rainex Wipers last month. I mean the VERY next day it started. These wipers have this tall kind of SPINE running across the top that almost acts as a sail (you should see them flutter in high wind) so I thought at first It was the wipers.

Anyway, before I open the hood and get pissed off, anyone know if changing the wiper motor is a bear like everything else on this car?

Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
^ SAMMMMEEE thing with me. Only on intermediate it does it. Then switch it to consitant speed... stops

Not sure if the motor replacement is a pain, however it sounds like the wipers. Mine stopped doing it for some odd reason. I am getting it serviced this week and I will mention it to them and see what it may be. I'll keep everyone posted

Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Wiper Slams

I live in Boston and after the notorious blizzard in Dec where we were all stuck for 5+ hours in gridlock, my wipers started to slam as they came back down to the set position. I thought I wore them out during the storm. I had it checked out by the dealer today and they said I need new wiper linkage which will cost 197.50. I think I will put up with it for a little while longer.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Lame mine does the same thing. It comes down to near the bottom on intermit and then it just slams down. Its almost like it hits a sticky spot and gets loose. Funny thing is if there is enough water on the glass it wont do it on intermit. Low and high are perf fine >.<

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Problem...