Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Eric (Klumzyee), Get in Here.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So could it be done or not? I know a few people that would be interested in the sedan ones

Old 03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
lol i will when i have 250... i have 100 right now lol god i cant wait til i work at infiniti so i can make good money...
I wouldn't call it good money for some of the work you have to deal with.. My friend has worked at infiniti porche as a tech for about 4-5 years.. dont get me wrong money isn't bad by all means.. but if your gonna be a tech on these cars your gonna hate to look at a g35 by the end of each week lol

Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by DelawareG35
I wouldn't call it good money for some of the work you have to deal with.. My friend has worked at infiniti porche as a tech for about 4-5 years.. dont get me wrong money isn't bad by all means.. but if your gonna be a tech on these cars your gonna hate to look at a g35 by the end of each week lol
16 making $30 an hour sounds damn good to me... lol as for the getting sick of the G it could happen...

Old 03-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
interested doesn't mean anything. sorry to say but only money upfront will make it happen.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
16 making $30 an hour sounds damn good to me... lol as for the getting sick of the G it could happen...
i never heard of a 16 year old being a tech at infiniti before...i guess ur state law is different too cause when i was underage i could only work couple hours a week and cant work pass dusk

Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by kris79
i never heard of a 16 year old being a tech at infiniti before...i guess ur state law is different too cause when i was underage i could only work couple hours a week and cant work pass dusk
i wont be a tech just yet... i have to just watch see how things are done at first just kinda help out...

Old 03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Beebo I'm not being harsh but I'm going to put you into the real world.

You'll need to be at least 18 to start working at a dealer. You will not be a tech unless you know someone most likely they'll stick you somewhere for about a year just to make sure you'll work as well as your ethics. Then you better pray your infiniti dealer does not have Oil-Change-Techs, Lube Techs, Lubbies (around $9-$10 an hour) (whatever you want to call it) and you'll be able to start being an apprentice for a senior tech for $13.50 an hour for about a year. Then you'll become a regular tech and HOPEFULLY you start somewhere around $17 an hour to flag. On average techs are around $20-24 an hour. With Team Leaders $26 or higher and senior team leaders up to $30 per-hour flagging. Techs generally pull in around 40-60 hours a week on average the faster guys will pull around +75 depending on work load and if they get some **** cars.

Back on topic: looks like this project isnt going through guys. There is a HUGE lack of interest on these fog light housings.. I'm hearing $1,000 is alot. IMO $1,000 is fair. This is going to be a perfect fitting piece that goes BEYOND OEM. It'll offer decent support brackets for the fogs (unlike OEM) and IvoryGT will be providing us with some high quality HID Fogs that alone should be around $200 as well as a harness that not even authentic $1000+ kits provide.

IMO you guys are loosing out on an awesome deal for this combo

Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea thats basically what it would say if "infiniti Tech" was in the dictionary. Making the big money at the dealerships is almost like hitting the lottery now days.. Make sure the infiniti market is really good because with no car to work on means no money in the bank.. no matter how much you get paid... Flat rate can bite you in the *** even if you know your ****

Originally Posted by Klumzyee

You'll need to be at least 18 to start working at a dealer. You will not be a tech unless you know someone most likely they'll stick you somewhere for about a year just to make sure you'll work as well as your ethics. Then you better pray your infiniti dealer does not have Oil-Change-Techs, Lube Techs, Lubbies (around $9-$10 an hour) (whatever you want to call it) and you'll be able to start being an apprentice for a senior tech for $13.50 an hour for about a year. Then you'll become a regular tech and HOPEFULLY you start somewhere around $17 an hour to flag. On average techs are around $20-24 an hour. With Team Leaders $26 or higher and senior team leaders up to $30 per-hour flagging. Techs generally pull in around 40-60 hours a week on average the faster guys will pull around +75 depending on work load and if they get some **** cars.

Back on topic: looks like this project isnt going through guys. There is a HUGE lack of interest on these fog light housings.. I'm hearing $1,000 is alot. IMO $1,000 is fair. This is going to be a perfect fitting piece that goes BEYOND OEM. It'll offer decent support brackets for the fogs (unlike OEM) and IvoryGT will be providing us with some high quality HID Fogs that alone should be around $200 as well as a harness that not even authentic $1000+ kits provide.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^ actually the most profitable makes are
Honda, Toyota, Ford..

You score gravy jobs on services all day long with easy warranty work and these makes have owners that hold their cars well past warranty making good customer pay work.

Companies like MBZ and BMW have stepped up their game and are producing a lot better quality cars (meaning less break downs and less work) back when Mercedes came out with the 140 chassie S-Class and then fallowed by the 99 220 S-Class and 163 ML-Class these things broke down like no other.. a Sunroof job on a ML paid +9.0 hours, with countless errors from audio, suspension, and other powertrain making Mercedes a VERY profitable gig to do back then.

Porsche.. there are a lot of =\ dealers tho.. and very few good ones.. you'll get guys that charge for a clutch job even tho they're R&R the trans for a seperate warranty job. the out come is awesome for the tech and writers when their labor sales per hour is something like $500 per hour but when an audit goes down and your name is still on their employee roster you can kiss this field good bye.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 AM

i know the owner and one tech so i guess im lucky... and they said if i stay for 2+ years i will make $30 an hour...

i really want the damn lights hahaha

Old 03-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Understandable. I just don't see how it could cost so much money just to have the middle fin in the lower part of the nismo bumper for the sedan have a foglight housing. So it would look like this... (if you know what I mean)
-----
---O-
-----

Then again, I can't do this stuff myself and you do, so I really don't know how much time/money it would take to get these made.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:54 PM
you can rig one there easily. probably an hour worth of work. but it wouldn't look right without a proper housing. That's why it cost so much money. If there were 20 people with 100% commitment. it would easily be made and be fair priced. but fact of the matter is people would ask, then when the parts made, they already spent the money on something else. So whoever made the mold is SOL.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:18 PM
yeah I know what you mean. well say if I got 20 definate buyers that put a deposit down. What do you think the price would be. JUST for the inserts. No HID fog lights included, just for the inserts.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by g35freak86
yeah I know what you mean. well say if I got 20 definate buyers that put a deposit down. What do you think the price would be. JUST for the inserts. No HID fog lights included, just for the inserts.
good luck with that. you'd need to talk to klumzyee about that. he makes the inserts, ivory assembles them with the projectors. that is if i'm not mistaken.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
yep. ask Eric about that. Im sure he's skeptical about the commitments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eric (Klumzyee), Get in Here.