Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Roof overlay?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:39 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Hi guys, the vinyl I use is a 7 Year Rated High Performance Vinyl, the highest grade. Not saying it will last 7 years but be comforted knowing I use the highest grade available . I get emails from people saying how well they've held up over the years, ie headlight taillght overlays. Some 4 years now! Plus the vinyl has UV protection. What I like about the vinyl option is that it is relatively cheap! Sure, you can see what it will look like by doing a photoshop, but seeing it in person is much better. G35 Pinoy's has had my roof overlay for a few months now and still looks great! You can lightly wax or spray quick detail to get a nice glossy sheen . Overlay is a nice alternative, or for those that arent sure if they want to take the leap and get it painted. Also, see the post in PICTURE Forum of my roof Overlay on IP. Looks hot! Email me if you are interested .

Bat™

Old 03-04-2008 | 07:44 PM
Old 03-04-2008 | 09:50 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
Bat

I know you said in an earlier post that you don't install anymore. Do you have any contacts here in San Diego for installs? I almost bought one around Christmas, but I didn't pull the trigger because I didn't want to install it myself and fu*k it up.

Old 03-04-2008 | 10:57 PM
^^PM G35pinoy, he does most of bat's overlays installs in socal...great guy and price...i had my roof overlay done by him too..he's also in SD..GL

Old 03-06-2008 | 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Hi guys, the vinyl I use is a 7 Year Rated High Performance Vinyl, the highest grade. Not saying it will last 7 years but be comforted knowing I use the highest grade available . I get emails from people saying how well they've held up over the years, ie headlight taillght overlays. Some 4 years now! Plus the vinyl has UV protection. What I like about the vinyl option is that it is relatively cheap! Sure, you can see what it will look like by doing a photoshop, but seeing it in person is much better. G35 Pinoy's has had my roof overlay for a few months now and still looks great! You can lightly wax or spray quick detail to get a nice glossy sheen . Overlay is a nice alternative, or for those that arent sure if they want to take the leap and get it painted. Also, see the post in PICTURE Forum of my roof Overlay on IP. Looks hot! Email me if you are interested .

Bat™
What kind of vinal do you use? I am starting to learn making vinyl signs. I use top quality stuff too(Rated 7 years). Guys this is great stuff and if he uses what he says(Which I am 99.99% sure he does) you will be more than happy. It does look 10x better in person. If you do not mind me asking, why did you stop installing? It is great money, I charge $60 an hour, business just pours in. Not to bad for a side job!

Also, if you just paint the roof will that effect resale value? I ask because I know repainting a whole car does. I just want to look out for Maliy06(a G35 driver) so he does not paint his roof just becasue its free.

-AGThing1227

Old 03-06-2008 | 04:25 PM
I've got a roof overlay I should probably get pics up of one day.

Old 03-07-2008 | 05:53 AM
post them up dammit!

Bat™

Old 03-07-2008 | 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
What kind of vinal do you use? I am starting to learn making vinyl signs. I use top quality stuff too(Rated 7 years). Guys this is great stuff and if he uses what he says(Which I am 99.99% sure he does) you will be more than happy. It does look 10x better in person. If you do not mind me asking, why did you stop installing? It is great money, I charge $60 an hour, business just pours in. Not to bad for a side job!

Also, if you just paint the roof will that effect resale value? I ask because I know repainting a whole car does. I just want to look out for Maliy06(a G35 driver) so he does not paint his roof just becasue its free.

-AGThing1227
Yup, 7 Year High Performance . UV protection too!

Why did I stop installing? Time, or lack of. I've decided to devote more time to my family. I'm a Dad of a 2 year old and a daughter almost 3 months. Plus, I've decided to spend more time developing new Overlays, which is time consuming in itself. I'm still a one man operation here, Ryan(G35pinoy) does most of my installs for me. He makes a pretty penny doing it. I send lots of customers to him, but I think he spends it faster than he makes

Bat™

Old 03-07-2008 | 10:27 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
BLueBat I may be interested in ordering this from you as well for my coupe...I just dont know how it will look on my 04 Desert Platinum....

Old 03-07-2008 | 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Yup, 7 Year High Performance . UV protection too!

Why did I stop installing? Time, or lack of. I've decided to devote more time to my family. I'm a Dad of a 2 year old and a daughter almost 3 months. Plus, I've decided to spend more time developing new Overlays, which is time consuming in itself. I'm still a one man operation here, Ryan(G35pinoy) does most of my installs for me. He makes a pretty penny doing it. I send lots of customers to him, but I think he spends it faster than he makes

Bat™

Yea guys I use the 7 year UV protection too. Great stuff! G35pinoy is a lucky man. That's cool how you devote more time to your family. New overlays huh?? Haha, good luck.

-AGThing1227

Old 03-07-2008 | 04:50 PM
An overlay is NOT less prone to wear than a painted hood as some have asserted here. Vinyls from my experience are much more prone to scratching and swirling and cannot be polished like paint. As a cheaper alternative to paint, then it may be an option, but not for some of the reasons stated above.

Old 03-08-2008 | 12:56 AM
If painting is something you're considering down the road, the overlay is a good way to see what it would look like on your ride and if its something you wanna make permanent.

Old 03-08-2008 | 02:45 AM
i haven't had the roof overlay very long, but it's holding up fine, i'll post better pics when it's out of the body shop...i will say that i've had Bat's lower bumper inserts on for over 25,000 miles and for being a rock/road debris magnet they are holding up great...his taillight overlays look the same as the day they were installed, as said before you can wax these so that does help

Old 03-08-2008 | 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
i haven't had the roof overlay very long, but it's holding up fine, i'll post better pics when it's out of the body shop...i will say that i've had Bat's lower bumper inserts on for over 25,000 miles and for being a rock/road debris magnet they are holding up great...his taillight overlays look the same as the day they were installed, as said before you can wax these so that does help

Drew, post some more pics up when your car's out of the shop. Esp, full car shots with the roof Overlay . Car's looking good!

Bat™

Old 03-08-2008 | 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by w33ps
If painting is something you're considering down the road, the overlay is a good way to see what it would look like on your ride and if its something you wanna make permanent.
good points .

Bat™

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roof overlay?