Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

what kind of tints do you guys have on your cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bad Influence
23% except WS.

Is it not illegal in all 50 to tint the WS below the 5" mark on the WS. Who the f*&$ would heatshrink the WS. Laminated glass (the WS) will absorb to much heat and will most likely cuase the WS to break or crack. I bet your insurance provider would LOVE the fact you have tinted WS!
i agree...probably the worst 40 dollars you can spend. especially for other drivers. oh well, at least it looks cool

Old 03-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha...man, so many neagative responses for the tinted windshield.

Well this is all i gotta say:
1) Its not difficult to see out, on the contrary, IMO it reduces the glare from incoming traffic.

2) I personally think its not so much for the heat, its definetely for the "cool factor". Its not everybody you see a car wit a tinted windsheild. You should see ppl when they look at my car. They squint. lol

3) Ive never had a problem with my "windsheild cracking" cuz of tint. Ive actually never met anybody with that probelm....ever...

I guess its just a handfull of us who do this....I dont know how ppl can scold us for doing this. IDK...just my opinion

Reposting my pic...for the record...

Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g35swagger, i like ur ride a lot man, the emblem is done right also.

i definitely agree with you about window tint cracking your windshield...that's just unrealistic and i don't even understand the logic behind that comment.

and for people who get tint to get uv protection...jesus christ, you must also have a clear bra. people, it's a car...wear and tear is apart of the description.

the only thing i don't like about the windshield tinted is for the one fact that it is that much harder to communicate with other drivers on the road. living in the city, communicating with other drivers is very important IMO.

window tint has multiple purposes, but the main one is simple.
1. you don't want people to see you

it also changes the dynamic of the car drastically for a relatively low price.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
^+1 for ugaexploder. I couldve not have said it better myself

Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I just looked up on Inifiniti site and out car comes with standard "UV-reducing tinted glass reduces transmission of radiant heat to vehicle’s interior" tint.
Is this as good as the 3M or Huper Optic ceramic tint? Does anyone have the equipment to test the radiant heat?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
g35swagger, i like ur ride a lot man, the emblem is done right also.
By emblem are you referring to the silver item applied behind the front wheel well? I can't really tell what it is, but it looks cool. Can someone enlighten me?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by mlimg35x
I just looked up on Inifiniti site and out car comes with standard "UV-reducing tinted glass reduces transmission of radiant heat to vehicle’s interior" tint.
Is this as good as the 3M or Huper Optic ceramic tint? Does anyone have the equipment to test the radiant heat?
I bought my tint the day after my daughter and I cooked while driving down the freeway due to the sun beating in on us. So I can confirm the stock UV-reducing tinted glass is not as good as the ceramic 3M tint I had added. The equipment I used was my skin! I may not have been sunburned but it was sure a lot hotter the one day I didn't have it tinted!

Old 03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks, that answered my question.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
huperoptik ceramic...i've had it since i bought the car, its been great. 30% not too dark, not too light.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by gottaGnow
By emblem are you referring to the silver item applied behind the front wheel well? I can't really tell what it is, but it looks cool. Can someone enlighten me?

It says VQ35HR= engine name.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
35% lumar tint on the doors and 20% on the back window. Irvine cops are pretty brutal about pulling people over so I think that 35% is the perfect compromise. Dark enough but not attention grabbing.

Had it done at A Terrific Tint in Mission Viejo. They were great, It took less than 2 hours. They use a computer to cut the tint. When I went there, someone with my exact same car was getting tint also. I tried to get in his car thinking it was mine .

Here is a pic 30 minutes after the tint was put on.

Last edited by Qujo; 03-08-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by brian928
huperoptik ceramic...i've had it since i bought the car, its been great. 30% not too dark, not too light.
I've been dying to get Huper's ceramic tint on mine, but I can't find anyone in MA that offers it.
Adding to my frustration is Huper's crappy website... They say they'll send you info and call, but never do.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Anyone ever heard of Wincos tint? It is a new product from Japan. I am getting my G in a couple of weeks and I am trying to find a place in the Atlanta area (specifically Gwinnett). I went to Solar Eclipse at the Mall of Georgia in Buford and they recommended this new tint. For everything but windshield it is $325. For Huper it is $400. For regular Madico it is $175.

If I got the Winco, they recommended putting 60% on front windshield that would block out most of the heat without someone being able to tell you tinted it. It would be an extra $125.

Let me know if you have heard of Wincos or have a shop recommendation in my area.

Thanks

-RD

Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM
$400 is just expensive no matter which way you cut it. The windows better provide "x-ray vision" when driving on the beach for that price.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:37 AM
We'll see if this works. For a different perspective.

I believe I have 25% with the Huper Optik. Got it put on a couple weeks after delivery and it really cuts down the heat and light entering the car. Front is factory as tint on front not legal in Texas.

Little bit of reflection problem. Looks pretty dark in this pic but you can definitely see through easily in the sun.

Eric.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what kind of tints do you guys have on your cars?