Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

License Plate Bulb Stuck ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
License Plate Bulb Stuck ???

Hello all...

I pulled the license plate light bracket out last night to replace the bulb with a led from Vleds..... I was under the understanding it will be the same as the ones for the clear corners .... like twist and pop out.....

The bulb holder twists open loose...but I am having difficulty pulling it out...
its like one side is pretty loose but there is something holding it on one side of the corner... is this the same as all other bulbs ??? I tried to shimmy it out...its stubborn.... just didnt want to apply to much force and break it...before I checked to see if there is a trick to it...or its just stuck in there
with dirt or whatever...

Thanks a million...

Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Dont pay attention to the noob... I figured it out ...

Old 06-23-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by FISA
Hello all...

I pulled the license plate light bracket out last night to replace the bulb with a led from Vleds..... I was under the understanding it will be the same as the ones for the clear corners .... like twist and pop out.....

The bulb holder twists open loose...but I am having difficulty pulling it out...
its like one side is pretty loose but there is something holding it on one side of the corner... is this the same as all other bulbs ??? I tried to shimmy it out...its stubborn.... just didnt want to apply to much force and break it...before I checked to see if there is a trick to it...or its just stuck in there
with dirt or whatever...

Thanks a million...
JUST DID THIS TODAY and had the SAME problem... the deal is you have to twist it one more time in the same direction, then it will come out.... it has to be turned twice

Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be careful and keep an eye on those lights. I ordered mine, put them in, and they looked great. 3 months later, they are flickering on and off like crazy. I took them out, and am probably going to put back the stock ones. Quite a pain, but just a heads up. I never thought to look back there, till my brother said, "hey, why are they doing that?"

Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Corvettekid
Be careful and keep an eye on those lights. I ordered mine, put them in, and they looked great. 3 months later, they are flickering on and off like crazy. I took them out, and am probably going to put back the stock ones. Quite a pain, but just a heads up. I never thought to look back there, till my brother said, "hey, why are they doing that?"

I suppose...that would be an invitation to get pulled over..

Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm new to LEDS and I am having some issues distinguishing the differences between all of the varieties of VLEDS for my license plate. I was wondering which ones you guys went with that fit properly. There seems to be about ten variations of the 168 bulb and most are the same price so I do not know which one would be best for the license plate. Thanks