Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Window squeaks after Tint. Any fixes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window squeaks after Tint. Any fixes?

Hey all,

Just got my new sedan tinted last week. I went with 27% all around, as thats the legal limit in Colorado. Anyway, now when I'm rolling my drivers side or passenger side window up, as it approaches the top it squeaks/squeals pretty loud. It doesn't happen every time, but probably 60-70% of the time.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any known fixes? Should I take back to the tinter, or should I take it to Infiniti?

Also, I've noticed a little bit of film on the inside of the window near the bottom. It appears to be some sort of tracks, because it's in vertical lines. Any thoughts on that? Could it be the culprit that is causing the squeak?

Thanks in advance, your help is appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'04 G35 Diamond Graphite Sedan,
Leather, Premium, Sport
Cleaer Corners, Z-Tube, Tint, Clear-bra

Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Re: Window squeaks after Tint. Any fixes?

i still get squeaks on my windows, been about 9 months since i got them tinted. i too have a vertical line on one of the windows when i roll it down and then up. comes off easily when cleaning it, but it still happens.

my windows tend to squeak when they are wet; when it's raining outside or it's humid. that would make sense though, because it is moving past rubber.

coolie

2003 G35 Sedan 5AT
{Z-Tube} {JWT_POP_Chrgr.} {V1} {21%_Tint} {Matte_Race_Pdls} {Blck_w/Grpht_Lthr} {Prm_Pkg.} {Sprt_Tuned} {Wntr-Sprt} {Nav.} {Xenon} {Sunroof} {Aero-Body_Kit_w/Spoiler} {Trunk_Mat}

Old 05-06-2004, 11:43 AM

VINYLEX on the weatherstripping will soften them up, and eleviate the squeaks, hopefully......

Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 PM

At the dealer here we use a silicone spray. It is normal for them to squeek due to the "thicker" glass now that there is tint there. The silicone spray we use seems to work good. Or you could have it cut just below the glass rubber line, but looks dorky..

Infiniti Gearhead

Old 05-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Take a look at the base of the window when you roll it up/down. I just had my windows tinted and they squeaked REALLY bad with the same streaking you describe. It turned out the rubber/felt window liner at the bottom had been pulled downwards and was getting jammed against the window each time. Take it back to the tint place and get them to fix it (pull it back out). Or, if you don't trust them, maybe your Infiniti dealer. You might be able to do it yourself with a little patience and a coat hanger or something thin.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:49 PM

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the tips. I know that it's not that rubber/felt strip on the inside, because the tinter that I used had be come back so that he could pull it back up a few days after I got it tinted.

The silicone spray/ Vinylx both sound like interesting options. I'll probably give my service tech a call and see what they say. It's not really the end of the world if they squeak, but if it is fixable, I'd like to try it.

Thanks again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'04 G35 Diamond Graphite Sedan,
Leather, Premium, Sport
Clear Corners, Z-Tube, Tint, Clear-bra