Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fix-it Tickets for Tinted Windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fix-it Tickets for Tinted Windows

I live in California & I recently got a fix-it ticket driving up to work. The sheriff told me that it's illegal to have any kind of tint on the driver/passenger-side front windows. I have 35% on there and I just put them on last month. Any ideas on how I could still keep my tints?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
yeah it is now illegal to have any tint on the front two windows. I get pulled over all the time for my tints and lights in cali . Anyways the only real way to get away with it is pay it.... If you know / find an officer that does not care for the law some will just sign it off for you. Only other option you have is to pay 1xx amount to keep the tint. Just a more expensive ticket then the xx amount for fixing it.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
HAHA, is this a new flash? It has ALWAYS been illegal to tint the driver/passanger windows in CA. It's just the chance we take when we live here and want our windows tinted. You can take the tint off yourself with a razorblade and squirt bottle (five minutes for each window tops) and have it signed off or you can pay the ticket and leave the tint on. Not sure what that ticket will cost you but it's not cheap.
Gary

Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I recently got a ticket for this too. But if you do decide to get the fronts done, there is a CA vechicle code compliant tint available. Its called light chrome or something. Says right on the reciept CA compliant tint. Make sure you have this in the car to show them or bring it with you to get it signed off. If I would have rolled down my windows upon being stopped the officer probably would not have noticed.. but I got it sighned off regardless with my receipt. Off topic I just got laid off from work (delivery driver) for loosing my license for 30 days (100+ mph speeding) which sucks, I will still have my job but laid off for 30 days until I get my license back. Lesson learned: save it for the track, its not worth it..

Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Khmersta
I live in California & I recently got a fix-it ticket driving up to work. The sheriff told me that it's illegal to have any kind of tint on the driver/passenger-side front windows. I have 35% on there and I just put them on last month. Any ideas on how I could still keep my tints?
Good luck, they have a keen eye for that stuff and you will continue to get pulled over for it!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I got 2 tint tickets, only 2 months apart. when i got pulled over the second time, the cop said if i get one more then its considered a misdemeanor and/or jail time. today at lunch break i got pulled over again! asking me questions about my tint, gave hime the ticket from the second one, asked my why i havent done anything i told him " i have till the court date to fix it" and apperantly this cop, knows the the one that gave me my second tint ticket personally, i asked him. "what does that have to do with me??" they replied "its for the officers saftey" hey at least they didnt give me another summons, but sure did wasted my hour lunch.
FVCK Virginia cops. 50% Fronts and 35% in rear "VA LAWS"

Virginia=Commuwealth

Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 PM
lol 50% front is still better than NONE.
well rear in CA doesnt matter right?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that's ridiculous.. how can you even tell a car has 50% tint.. 35% is hard to tell unless it's overcast or raining

Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 AM
in cali u cant have any of the fronts tinted, rears u can put as dark as u want AS LONG as u have a side view mirror, if i dont have the right view mirror and u only have driver/rear view u cant have back tinted. back when i had my civic i got pulled over for tints i had to take them off get it signed off then re put back on, u need to find someone to sign it off or take off and re apply

Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smoovarrowhead
I recently got a ticket for this too. But if you do decide to get the fronts done, there is a CA vechicle code compliant tint available. Its called light chrome or something. Says right on the reciept CA compliant tint. Make sure you have this in the car to show them or bring it with you to get it signed off. If I would have rolled down my windows upon being stopped the officer probably would not have noticed.. but I got it sighned off regardless with my receipt. Off topic I just got laid off from work (delivery driver) for loosing my license for 30 days (100+ mph speeding) which sucks, I will still have my job but laid off for 30 days until I get my license back. Lesson learned: save it for the track, its not worth it..
What exactly is the tint your talking about? any pictures of it?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 AM
I got a fix-it ticket once...just paid a tint shop dude $20 and he signed off that he took off the tint and "fixed" the tint. The tint was never taken off. Ticket was $150 i think, and it was dismissed.

i'm in New york

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 AM
i hear these tix are starting to be not correctable in southern CA, is that true?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by do_obG35
i hear these tix are starting to be not correctable in southern CA, is that true?
then that means u get to leave tint on windows which is illegel. so i doubt it will be not correctable. they will keep making revenue off it

Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosef
What exactly is the tint your talking about? any pictures of it?
Just looked at my receipt the tint is called "COLD STEEL" made by Hanitatek Window Films. Receipt states under-Front Sides, "this film comlplies w/CA V.C. #26708 & 26708.5". So I recommend it it is a real light tint with a slightly reflective look, but legal. I'll try to put a pic up if I can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fix-it Tickets for Tinted Windows