Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Here you go, try this:

hahaha jk jk i donno, rock it how you like it!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by GTR Enthusiast
Thanks for getting back to topic and helpin I am not going to chrome out the middle, lol. I think i might paint a strip of red across just like the real GTR is. And get some chrome grill for all the inserts. I just cleared some space in the garage to work on it and gotta pick up some more glass on the way home from work tonight. I might start playing with it. I am shaving the side markers and molding in the areas that grove in under the headlights flush with the bumper for sure though.
answered your PM.....Photoshop the red across the middle...I looked at that for a minute and really that was too GT-R ish.. I only bought this bumper at first to have fun. Then when the hate came it was a must do. I almost went with my idea I PM'd you but with M! we came up with my new version...Good part is I have been flamed for you from coast to coast and over the water...Just have fun. This bumper has exceeded 400bumper sales all over the states and canada. A few have went overseas. Just because they aren't on some forum for approval don't let it stop you. Klumzee has sold quite a few of these also. I would venture to say this is a very popular bumper by sales fiquires..

Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
mhhmmm change out the middle grille part of the bumper.. i ono from there but dont chrome any part of it

Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
first post pics of your car

Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
answered your PM.....Photoshop the red across the middle...I looked at that for a minute and really that was too GT-R ish.. I only bought this bumper at first to have fun. Then when the hate came it was a must do. I almost went with my idea I PM'd you but with M! we came up with my new version...Good part is I have been flamed for you from coast to coast and over the water...Just have fun. This bumper has exceeded 400bumper sales all over the states and canada. A few have went overseas. Just because they aren't on some forum for approval don't let it stop you. Klumzee has sold quite a few of these also. I would venture to say this is a very popular bumper by sales fiquires..
Lol flamed coast to coast? I am not a hater, never have been. If it doesn't jive with me, I will say it's not my thing, but I won't hate on it. People need to learn that in forums, lol. I like the trash bin pic but he made it into a joke, which is funny! Anyways. you had good idea to mod it RedSkylineGT, you should post a pic from the other forum for them to see, it looks sharp! OH and thanks for taking heat from coast to coast on it I will play with it for a bit and post updated pix. I cant post anymore pix of car cuz I am at work right now, hehe. I will later though.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by dustin@m1autosport
mhhmmm change out the middle grille part of the bumper.. i ono from there but dont chrome any part of it
Yea I agree, I dont think I will chrome anything on it. I just wanna make sure I can mod the bumper to what I like and get some nice mesh grill from there. Any ideas of sites or ppl selling good quality mesh grill anyone?

BTW props on your G Dustin

Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Yea I agree, I dont think I will chrome anything on it. I just wanna make sure I can mod the bumper to what I like and get some nice mesh grill from there. Any ideas of sites or ppl selling good quality mesh grill anyone?

BTW props on your G Dustin
I have some chrome stillen mesh....Edited ok for sale stillen mesh...

Last edited by 2drwild; 04-13-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Sell it.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:51 PM
(still missing 19" or 20" wheels, cant decide on those yet)

Well here are a few shots of it done. I don't have any good ones yet, sry. Plus I still need some wheels, 19 or 20" and have no idea what yet, but that should get you guys the idea of what I am trying to do, I wanted smooth body lines and that is why I am shaving side markers and the areas under the lights at least, just cant figure out what to do with the middle part yet. I dont want that all just black.

Attached Thumbnails Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!-photo_112406_001.jpg   Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!-photo_112406_004.jpg   Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!-pasp4-008.jpg   Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!-pasp4-007.jpg  
Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
You know if it wasn't so tuner oriented, I kinda like the chrome door handles. Dunno about you guys.

But yeah honestly i'd just let it be how everybody else is doing it and do the middle part black. It'll go with the dark tints and maybe if you tinted your tails, then again a lot of people do that also, so I dunno.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
Look at my versions of this bumper..Please don't chrome the center...
Yea Chrome center wouldnt look good either all red or carbon fibe color

F the haters do what you want man in the end its your car

these people here will never see it in real life ( unless they live in your city / area)

Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I don't think chrome will work at all either. I played with photoshop and i might do red and black inside the openings with some nice mesh grill. Also shaving side markers and groves underneath headlights to flush them with the rest of the bumper. Anyone actually have any pix of this bumper modified at all (except RedSkylineGT) his is very nice and helped a lot!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by sTeadFasT96
You know if it wasn't so tuner oriented, I kinda like the chrome door handles. Dunno about you guys.
This is very true. This is why I originally painted my OEM grill black. Once you start doing mods to this car like wheels, suspension, etc, it just does not look right with it's chrome "luxury sport" grill anymore. I think that goes for all the chrome on it. Therefore, I agree with the above poster about the chrome on your red car. For the record, my G is LR!

Well here are a few shots of it done. I don't have any good ones yet, sry. Plus I still need some wheels, 19 or 20" and have no idea what yet, but that should get you guys the idea of what I am trying to do, I wanted smooth body lines and that is why I am shaving side markers and the areas under the lights at least, just cant figure out what to do with the middle part yet. I dont want that all just black.

Cool look you have going on there. Not many people rock that rear bumper. That is ?sedona? rear right? Anyways, since you are doing so much custom work, you should try to figure out a way to partially paint the bottom of that bumper so it doesn't look so gargantuan / bulky! But that's your call. I guess what I don't understand is that you wanted smooth body lines but you have greddy front and sides? I thought smooth was kuruma Z and impul!

I like the color that your car is though... is it a certain paint code of another car or just custom? Keep us updated

Old 04-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you. It is a custom color I whipped up with Sherwin Williams Paint Co. It is a 12 layer 3 stage paint, and I wanted the deep deep gross and shine. It is definitely just that (in the sun). Yes you are correct the about my back bumper. It discontinued and I couldn't understand why. I love the exhaust around the bumper! It looks sweet cuz I molded it too. But I will keep the greddy sides (obviously cuz they too are completely molded) because I like the vents , but I removed all sharp lines when I molded them in. Fiberglass is a beautiful thing! Today is the day I start modding the front.

Yes I have chrome handles, headlights, and will get chrome (or high polished alum wheels), but a deep dish 3 piece racing style wheel, not ganster rims, lol.
I will take some shots of progress of the front. What do u guys think about bringing in a LED style marker with a switch adding to bumper? Also maybe taking out the 2 holes of the bumper where fog lights are and making it just like the real gtr front? Just something I am considering. Thanks

Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Well my friend, i will try to look at it from the liberal stand point and try not to critique your goal. If i had your car and your setup this is what i would do:
1. I would paint the whole bumper to match the car
2. then any holes, gaps, vents that the bumper may have, insert chrome billet grilles

hope it helps

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Creative Ideas for GTR front bumper!