Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Data system lip VS OEM lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Data system lip VS OEM lip

Guys,
I ordered my front lip from bulletproof automotive 8 weeks ago. I called yesterday and they told me that it was still being made in Japan.. I got really upset and they said since it is a special order I cant even get my money back or cancel the order. I'm thinking about buying the OEM lip that already comes painted and when I get the data system lip I'll sell it here.. What do you think? should I hold off on the OEM lip and wait for the data system lip? I think they both look good but I have yet to see the data system lip in person..
what would you do?

Old 08-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Re: Data system lip VS OEM lip

It's nice to have that kind of money to put down for two lips but i would seriously would wait for the data systems bumper since you already laid down big bucks for it. I feel your pain bro, the anticipation alone is probably killin' ya.

The front oem lip is what i am going for simply because it is within my budget range. I personally like the INGS+1 front spoiler but cant afford 1500 (kit+spoiler) + 2000'ish to get the kit molded.. YIKES

2004 5AT Brilliant Silver - Premium - Rollin Stock with many mods to come! 302 Miles and counting...

Old 08-31-2004, 02:31 AM

tgalvez,
Were you a part of that group buy? I was on the group buy from about that long ago and I'm still waiting too. Kinda' sux. I really wanted that front on my car this summer. I've seen both lips in person and I say hang in there and wait for the Data. Besides you'll be glad your coupe looks a little different than everyone elses when you get it on you car. Another member here had to wait 3 months when he ordered from BP. Think of it this way only 4 more weeks!

'04 G35 Coupe Diamond Graphite / Graphite
Performance | Premium | Clear Bra | Zaino!

Old 09-07-2004, 07:12 PM

i was going to order the data system's front lip, but because of the same reason(it takes way too long)...i just bought my front lip spoiler. i ordered it from everythingg35.com and they actually dropped shipped the spoiler to my house the next day.
i like it, it's similar to the Data System's, and i'm happy with it.

www.cardomain.com/id/axa_g35