Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lighting/electrical Problem Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighting/electrical Problem Please Help!

ok first of all a brief history on my car for context:
I have an 03 G35 Coupe with 06 Projectors and 06 Tails

about a year ago i installed a Double Din system, Capacitor, component speakers, sub and amp. it was all installed by Manbeer, but was never finished. after he installed it i was getting audio out of only one side of the car and he dissappeared and never came around to fix it. currently there is no audio working in the car except the Sub and im arranging to have Konrad take a look at it.

a couple of months after the audio was installed, one of my projectors went out. and shortly after one of my yellow fogs went out. i figured it was just that they were old. Recently my entire car was painted and i got new 06 projectors. i put one of my old bulbs in one of the projectors and a new bulb on the other and no fogs because i was waiting on my new bulbs to come in the mail. in just a few days, the same projector bulb (driver side) that was out before went out. i found it really strange but i remember hitting a pretty bad bump so i though maybe that caused it.

anyways so my bulbs finally came in the mail and i had them installed. The Fogs, Hi/low beams, turn signals... everything worked perfect.

the day after getting them installed i headed on a roadtrip to VA Beach. They worked perfectly fine the entire trip and as im pulling into the driveway, the same driver side bulb goes out and the same fog light bulb that previously went out goes out too :-x

After that i noticed that the Yellow fog that was still on, had a substantially washed out color. not even sure how thats possible considering the yellow coating on the bulb but the bulb was literally off white, not nearly yellow.

at this point i dont know if i just have bad luck with bulbs or if there is a serious electrical problem with my car. my dome lights are also not coming on anymore, and neither are my step/courtesy lamps. the body shop told me they checked all my fuses and they were all fine but i have to double check myself. furthermore i dont even know if maybe this is something thats stemming from the audio install :-/

if anyone knows what could be causing the issue please HELP!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this happen. Dome/convienence lights stopped working.

What fixed it for me was disconnecting the battery completely. I remember there being a thread on this forum about that and it helped those people too. Give it a try couldnt hurt.

https://g35driver.com/forums/lightin...s-out-but.html
edit- heres the thread

Not sure about your headlight, if it was electrical you would think it would pop immediately. And if you didnt blow a fuse then the amperage is right. I guess you could step backwards from your audio install and see if removing pieces helps.

Last edited by conq; 06-22-2010 at 05:55 PM.