Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by annual
I orderd mine back on the 7th, and I have yet to recieve my grille.
Thats 14 days. 3 - 5 day delivery time what happened? My tracking # hasnt updated since it says it was shipped. Im getting a little unpatirent. I know customs cant take more than 2 days.. if it was coming from Hong Kong... I see other people got theres, and I was one of the first people to buy one.
Please email us at sales@silviaparts.com with your name and tracking number. We will try to solve the problem for you if we can.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Arrow Got mine yesterday

I got my grill yesterday and I wasn't too impressed. The paint job was not as good as I was expecting there were some lighter areas towards the top but not too noticeable. Also, it looked like someone used some touch up paint for a few of the areas. I'm picky but maybe it's just fine for others. On the other hand, as others have mentioned, the fit was perfect. Maybe I just got a raw deal on the paint job (black) and I don't want to uninstall now and send it back and wait another 2 weeks or so.

eddie

Old 12-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by eddie_zee
I got my grill yesterday and I wasn't too impressed. The paint job was not as good as I was expecting there were some lighter areas towards the top but not too noticeable. Also, it looked like someone used some touch up paint for a few of the areas. I'm picky but maybe it's just fine for others. On the other hand, as others have mentioned, the fit was perfect. Maybe I just got a raw deal on the paint job (black) and I don't want to uninstall now and send it back and wait another 2 weeks or so.

eddie
No touch up paint was used on the grill and the grill was sprayed with 3 coats, so there shouldn't be any uneven color distrubutions. We also carefully inspected all the grills before they were shipped and we did not notice the problems you mentioned. If you want, you can send it back to us and we will repaint the grill for you.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
I know this is about the sh*ttiest pic I could take, lol, but it was dark and I didn't want to use a flash so that you can get an idea of the look. I will take a better one in the daylight tomorrow.

p.s. I looked at the paint again and it is perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-grill.jpg  
Old 12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
finally got a shot, but it was kinda dark. the mesh was still wet when i received mine. HAH.

Attached Thumbnails Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-update4.jpg  
Old 12-21-2004, 11:50 PM
If you guys don't mind us using your pictures on our website, please send us some good pictures to sales@silviaparts.com. We are still in the process of creating a product page for the g35. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:45 AM
hmmmmmm, mines as well.....looks like im going to have to do some work on my won with the paint for the mesh and there is a spot on the grill where is looks to be.....not right.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:55 AM
wow i just put on my grill tonight......and i just found a CHIP......you guys use some CHEAP paint......wtf......

Old 12-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
quick daylight photos

Attached Thumbnails Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-dscf0349.jpg   Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-dscf0352.jpg   Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-dscf0353.jpg  
Old 12-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Finally recieved mine.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok i have better shots now. i have no problem with mine. paint matches up, fits good, got what i paid for.

Attached Thumbnails Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-update5.jpg   Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-update6.jpg   Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill-update7.jpg  
Old 12-23-2004, 05:44 AM
From the pictures above the hood and top part of the grill doesn't look like it's a snug fit, looks like there's a gap. If you look at some of the pictures above plus the some of the pictures I posted below of the true Gialla grill, the Gialla grill has no gap between the hood and the grill. IMO The replica just doesn't look as clean as I thought it would compared to the true Gialla grill.

Last edited by 1Gig; 12-23-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by 1Gig
From the pictures above the hood and top part of the grill doesn't look like it's a snug fit, looks like there's a gap. If you look at some of the pictures above plus the some of the pictures I posted below of the true Gialla grill, the Gialla grill has no gap between the hood and the grill. IMO The replica just doesn't look as clean as I thought it would compared to the true Gialla grill.

If you pay attention closely to this picture you posted, it does have a gap on the top, yes, even the real Gialla grill does. The only reason why you see it more on annual's car is because his pictures are much bigger, closer, and his car is white.

The grill that we are selling have the exactly same fitment as the true Gialla grill, because the mold was made from a true Gialla grill.

Here is another example, it's a true Gialla grill that I found on cardomain.com. You can see there's a gap, but since it's a small picture and not as close-up as annual's pictures, you can't see it as clearly.

Last edited by silviaparts; 12-23-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
In the pictures your notice the gap. Its the rubber under the hood that is making a gap. If I took off the rubber strip I bet it would look close to the others. Another reason is I was in a bumper crash and the hood was bent a slight bit, I had the body shop do as much of the bending back to the origional as they could, but I didnt want to pay for a new hood. Well, the grille is awesome. And looks exactly like the real one.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by silviaparts
If you pay attention closely to this picture you posted, it does have a gap on the top, yes, even the real Gialla grill does. The only reason why you see it more on annual's car is because his pictures are much bigger, closer, and his car is white.

The grill that we are selling have the exactly same fitment as the true Gialla grill, because the mold was made from a true Gialla grill.

Here is another example, it's a true Gialla grill that I found on cardomain.com. You can see there's a gap, but since it's a small picture and not as close-up as annual's pictures, you can't see it as clearly.
If you look closely at the true Gialla grill, it doesn't seem to have any gap in the center where the grill meets the hood. Plus, the true Gialla grill has sort of a curve on the top piece to meet the hood line which your replica is kind of straight. I think your replica has a gap in the center because your grill don't have that center support piece. Don't get me wrong, I think your product is still a good product, just want to help point out and maybe see if it could be made a bit better. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seeing how much interest there is in Gialla grill