Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Trim rattling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trim rattling

I've changed out the in-cabin filter about a month ago and over the last two weeks I've noticed this buzzing. After taking off and removing any trim piece, one at a time and going for a drive to decipher the culprit, I've narrowed it down to one piece and I think where.

It's the initial trim piece that runs along the door sill and connects the piece that covers the ECU. It is there at the connection, I'm ~75% sure, that is where the rattling is happening. Essentially, it's right by the door hinge.

I didn't see any white clips attached like one some trim pieces, rather just the plastic tabs. They all seem to be in good condition and nothing appears snapped. I can bang against it and solves the problem for a wopping 5 minutes or less and then it's back.

So now I'm left with, what the hell do I do now! It's not like I can glue the thing and it drives me nuts I honestly want to drive without it even on!

Any suggestions?

I still can't get that clock trim back on properly either, pisses me off everytime I look at it. At least it doesn't rattle...lol.