Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Progress so far..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progress so far..

I went to the shop that is doing work on my car and took some pictures..here is a list of what I'm having done.

Nismo bumper
Gialla Grill,
Extreme Dimensions sideskirts that will be molded in.
CF Hood is already installed as you can see.

Also having the windshield replaced. For anyone considering buying from Extreme Dimensions, they have the WORST customer service ever. I had so many issues with this order and I could not get one person on the phone to resolve anything. Matter of fact the sideskirts dont fit the car, they do have a disclaimer on the site saying the picture of joenismo's car has modified sideskirts, and this is true because they wont fit without modifying them. I've also ordered a set of Volk SF Winnings in Diamond Black to finish off the look.

Old 10-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Re: Progress so far..

lololololololololololo OMG, in about 13 days(my b_day) i am getting the nismo front with the ED sides. and my car is black too.
lololol. looking good though. love the nismo front. what modification must be done to make the s.s.'s fit? it it easy.

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 10-26-2004, 05:15 PM

There are so many kits that look 100 times better than that Nismo one that is pretty much like the car when it's stock

Old 10-26-2004, 06:15 PM

ya but the nismo kit looks classy and sleek. Its not too much and not too little.

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 10-30-2004, 08:15 PM

any more pics? when will it be done?

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 10-31-2004, 11:02 AM

Supposed to be done friday. I went by the shop on wednesday and he had the sideskirts on and ready to be molded. joenismo said he had to cut an inch out of these sideskirts to get them to match up with the bumper but these were only a quarter of an inch shorter so we just left them alone. The molds are obviously coming out different cause the driver side was longer than the passenger side.

Unfortunately while transporting my headlights to get them painted the shop owner got into a head on collision, which totalled his truck and completely shattered my headlights. He called to tell me he already ordered a new set so that may hold everything up for a couple of days. After 40k miles you could see a difference in the headlights so I'm not mad about getting new ones. I'm not driving the car until HIN in Miami anyways so the wait isn't bothering me.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:36 PM

thanks for the info. hopefully the guy is alright. so is what ur saying is that u have to cut an inch or so off the length of the side skirt to make it flush with the wheel well?

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 10-31-2004, 03:13 PM

Nah, the driver side was just right and fit perfectly. The passenger side was an inch short, so he had to cut them in half, make up for the inch and then mold it in. Basically a pain in the ***. From what I understand these sideskirts wont look right without having them molded.

Old 10-31-2004, 06:19 PM

thats funny, i talked to joe nismo and he said the sides fit fine. its wierd that you say they have to be molded on because all the othere ppl i see with the sideskirts do not have them molded on.. are you sure you know what you are talking about? or are you just telling us what your body shop states...

Old 10-31-2004, 07:37 PM

I would never recommend molding the side skirts. They will often develope cracks where they meet the fenders and the quarters, due to body flex. Plus it makes a future repair very difficult and looses the clean stock look that I believe you are going for. If you looked at my posts I had to do about 20 hours of bodywork, for taking an inch out of the width, and creating the body lines where the sides meet the fenders and the quarters. I also did about 20 hours of prep work which included blocking and priming 2 or 3 three times, plus paint time. My sides fit great for length, on both sides, but as you can tell I have a lot of time into them and my front end to make things perfect. I would highly recommend that you talk with your bodyshop to have them modify and fix your sides without molding them into your car. These parts are only fiberglass they can be made to fit if they take the time to do it right. By the way I agree the Nismo front end is still the classiest and cleanest front end out there. And sorry if I didn't get back to you sooner.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:27 PM

thanks alot for the info. i still dont know if i should get them because of the work involved. Does anyone know of a place that can do this in the DFW area??

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 10-31-2004, 10:20 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

New Concept Autoworks in Plano

or

Complete Auto Body in Arlington

My pics

Old 10-31-2004, 11:05 PM

sweet. thanks alot moog. i have been busy lately, did u fix ur wheel?

2004 coupe
blk/blk 6mt
aero kit
no nav

Old 11-01-2004, 12:06 AM

I appreciate the reply Joe. I guess I confused body working with actually molding them and I apologize if I mislead anyone. Up until now I could only go off of opinions and hearsay, which seemed to all say the same thing.. mold them in. Since everything is on hold anyway I'll take a ride up to the shop tomorrow.

Old 11-01-2004, 12:31 AM

wickedik.. cool name by the way. I'm just wondering the other people you've seen with the sideskirts..if they mentioned how they matched up? Maybe I just ended up with a bad set, either way I can't get anyone at extreme dimensions.

I wasn't trying to state any facts, thats why I said "from what I understand..." I dug up as much info as I could before purchasing but you never know.

Here are some pictures before they were modified.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Progress so far..