Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A/T Titanium shift knob interest

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
may be alittle different since I havent messed with an 08........I know 03-07 coupes are fairly straight forward......

Killjulez - you let me know when they are ready to be shipped!! I will be first guy if need be for installed photos on my 04 coupe!! Love the TITANIUM ONE in Blue

Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
yeah, I removed the clip to take off the shifter on top

Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
okay just making sure..it wont budge off?? there may be a a lip that doesnt allow you to pull up...does it unscrew at all? the actual shaft

Old 04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
***** look awsome KJ! What is the difference between the first two aluminum ***** in your first pic?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Defratos
I just tried taking out the white plastic piece and it ain't budging,

I even tried using my teeth but it doesn't seem to be removable and the measurement I gave was for the lower metal part underneath the plastic piece.
Got it. Well it should fit but I would definitely want to test it on a 2nd gen to see what may need to be modified other than the internal piece. My ***** are specifically made to sit low, but they should also work with that white plastic piece on. I just want to be sure. I will do some research later. Any 2nd geners in San Diego who wanna meet up? Im in North County...

Originally Posted by g35man04
may be alittle different since I havent messed with an 08........I know 03-07 coupes are fairly straight forward......

Killjulez - you let me know when they are ready to be shipped!! I will be first guy if need be for installed photos on my 04 coupe!! Love the TITANIUM ONE in Blue
Of course! You've been with me since the very beginning. I appreciate all your help! Ill burn some more so you can choose if that is the **** you want. If you just want plain then I can do that too

Originally Posted by MikeDG
***** look awsome KJ! What is the difference between the first two aluminum ***** in your first pic?
The Alum **** on the left is straight off the machine. So you can KINDA see some machining marks in the metal. The **** right next to it has been scotch brighted/ buffed to remove the machining lines. They are very similar. And obviously the one on the right has been polished slightly. I had a long day at work last night playing around with these *****. So much fun.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeDG
Yeah, the second one looks darker for some reason. Is it like 1/2 polished or something?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those ***** are looking good! If you want I can be your test rat for the 2nd gen. Shoot me a price of an aluminum with the engraving. Here are a few pics i got.

Top Plastic piece:

Metal shaft piece:

shaft:

Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 35Alive
Yeah, the second one looks darker for some reason. Is it like 1/2 polished or something?
Yea it's half polished. I didnt add polish to it. I just removed the machining swirls.

@Geemy-

Thanks so much for those pics! They definitley help. I will send you a PM later tonight about test fitting. Thanks for offering to be my guinea pig/test rat.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be interested in an aluminum one (no engraving). They look awesome!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put me on the list for the Burnt titanium finish!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Def interested as well depending on price

Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Very interested in the burnt titanium! In for price to make up my mind, thanks OP

Old 05-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Premier Member

Sorry everyone for not posting when I said I would, I was enjoying a day off with this nice weather here in SD. I have some rough but fairly accurate pricing for these *****. These numbers do not include shipping costs at this time. They also don't include engraving because that will be an additional charge as well. Keep in mind these are NOT FINAL prices but are relatively close to what they will cost.

For the ALUMINUM **** without polish or engraving, they will cost about $125.

For the Titanium **** without burnt finish or engraving, they will cost about $235. To have a burnt finish will probably be around an additional $10 but I have not evaluated the cost yet.

Please keep in mind that these numbers are not final, but are very close estimates of what they will cost. I know the prices may be high for some of you, but keep in mind, I am not mass producing these in China. These are 100% made in the U.S.A. and are of the best quality you will find. Not to mention, this is the only Titanium **** available for Automatics that I know of.

I am still awaiting the arrival of the final components for these shift ***** which should be coming sometime this next week. I will most likely have the ***** available for purchase hopefully the week after next. I am finishing up my college degree and finals will be that week, but I am excited to get these ***** out to everyone so I am working overtime.

Attached are some more pictures of the final product with the lower mating piece that screws on to the bottom. Once I get around to installing my NiftyShifty boot, I will show pics of that as well. For installation instructions I will most likely be posting a video of how everything operates sometime soon.

Also, I would like to mention that for those of you who just want the ***** without engraving, you will be receiving your shift ***** sooner than those who want to have custom engraving. The reason is that I will have to program and set-up a machine to do the engraving, and it will take me a weekend to do so, since I am so busy with school and working full-time during the week. At this time, I have a limited amount of Titanium and Aluminum ***** available so once they sell out, it will take me a couple weeks to make more.

Attached Thumbnails A/T Titanium shift knob interest-finished-shift-knobs.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
so ready to test fit and review!!! local in SD, don't forget about me!!!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Killjulez
I have a limited amount of Titanium and Aluminum ***** available so once they sell out, it will take me a couple weeks to make more.
How many do you currently have? Is it who pays first or are you going by the list, I will pay ahead of time to reserve one of the first one. Let me know ASAP I will paypal you tonight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A/T Titanium shift knob interest