Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A preview of whats to come

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, that looks even worse than it did before. the body lines dont even flow. it looked better before. lets see a pic of the other side where the gas cap goes. i agree with andy that it would look better with a center airdam instead of the 2 side ones. if someone is put a widebody on their g to get more traction, there is a good chance that the reason they need the extra traction is because they have extra power from forced induction. people i talked to with forced induction prefer to run front mount intercoolers. this kit would not be ideal for that kind of setup. but, its your project. good luck.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Is there a reason why it's always a crapshoot as to whether or not I see those thumbnails? I just get links that when I click on are errors =T

Old 12-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by dennis_said
Is there a reason why it's always a crapshoot as to whether or not I see those thumbnails? I just get links that when I click on are errors =T
Ditto......

Old 12-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Swifty
It will be finished soon...yes it's widebody
I am withholding comment until I see the finished product.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Thumbs up

Just my .02.... Wait until it is painted to make judgements, I bet it will change a lot of peoples minds (I'm talking strictly looks, not usability or practicality). I for one think it will look real mean, and I applaud you for putting so much time in effort into something new for the G - also for going out on a limb and doing something no one has really done before! Keep up the good work.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Me too, I will wait until it is done to make judgements. But I dont like the fog light. But so far it looks better than top secret's wide body kit. And it is cheap too.....I hope I have $6k and extra for the rims too.
Good job

Old 12-29-2004, 01:09 PM
are the exhaust tips going to stick that far out when it is finished or is that just the angle of the pic?

Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM
No exhaust tips aren't going to stick out that far. its not all the way finsihed. Remember it's not a finished product yet. It's an alternative to Top Secret, thier's is a more aggressive offering. Our company has been making original designs since 1990, why limit the market offering by copying designs? Expand the market with new product designs it's healthier for the economy of this industry.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:14 AM
when you say..."our company" do you own the company? what is the name of the company? what other "original designs" have you come up with in the past 15 years? and why are you so paranoid that someone is going to copy your design?

Old 12-31-2004, 09:39 PM
because they will... and sell it cheaper and crap like that so that would cost him his business and his time and money to create a master piece to sell to the public am i right? or i'm just talking stupid... i can't wait to see the final produce also... great job there keep it up

Old 01-01-2005, 01:31 AM
haha, i have no problem with paying less. i think most people on this board would rather pay less than more for something . i dont see anything wrong with copies. i bought an original datasystems front lip and the fiberglass was soo thin it cracked so easily. i ended up but ing a copy one made of urethane and not only was it cheaper, it fits better and is way more durable. if anyone is going to copy the kit then they are going to copy it and there isn't much one can do about it so get over it. i just think its funny how paranoid this guys seems that someone is out to copy this kit. but also like i said before i doubt anyone will copy it with the way it looks right now...

Old 01-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ergregaer

i think its coming on pretty nicely... there are only so many ways you can put in a front air dam guys~ there is a top secret and greddy bumper for you if you like them, and im pretty sure for $6gs you can mold your own fender flares n what not.....

my questions:

is it going to be offered only by kit, or will you do piece by piece also?

and is there a fog light kit thats being debuted with it?

and what magazine is it in...may i ask... i'd like to buy a copy

Old 01-03-2005, 01:20 PM
of course everyone wants to pay less, we can go on FOREVER about the debate of buying a copy versus buying original. I'm against it because, i have a pay check that depends upon the sales of these original kits. I gotta feed the family somehow! Besides myself there are other employees that all depend on the sales of the designs we make. When someone makes a copy off that design, we don't see a penny of it. It's sad that a company such as VIS which is known for NEVER making an original design, can buy out Wings West. I guess the profits are more rewarding in selling copy parts. Cheaper manufacturing in China as well as cheaper material costs are used to make thier purchasing prices lower. Unfortunatly it just doesn't meet my or my fellow co-workers business ethics or expectations of constant improvement.

Last edited by Swifty; 01-03-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:06 AM
well if you have been in this business for as long as you really say, you should know how it is and realize the big picture, it is inevitable that kits wil be copied and there isn't much u can do about it. you can get a design patent but that costs $$$ and there is still ways around it. honestly i dont think you are part of a "company" for one, you wont even tell us the name of the company making this kit. one would think that if you are so worried about someone copying it, you would want it to be known that " your company" is the one who came out with it first.

what does vis buying out wings west have to do with anything we are talking about here? Also, VIS does have thier original designs. being in this industry, u should know. granted they aren't very popular, they do have their own designs.

well, i think that is enough for now. i think ill just wait for the next set of pics. hopefully you will have fixed the body line by then..

Old 01-04-2005, 08:07 AM
LOL......
I know what rims are those. Nice rims
Your latest pictures has been shown in the lastest Option magazine in Japan.(I am current in Hong Kong).
I like the new hood, its cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A preview of whats to come