Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Carbon Fiber Grill from Silviaparts!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 PM
that carbon fiber grille wouldnt look good on twilight blue would it....?

Old 01-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by G35KATZ
that carbon fiber grille wouldnt look good on twilight blue would it....?
I think it would if that mesh was black. And any way to make it so that mesh doesn't have paint chip off... sure I can repaint, but who really wants to?

Old 01-03-2005, 03:34 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by willthethrill
It doesnt look like it fits all that well

They should really revise the fitments before selling it unless the pictures are messing it up!!

Old 01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by iLLG35
They should really revise the fitments before selling it unless the pictures are messing it up!!

Marty, check out the fitment on the Gialla.. there's the same exact gap you see.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Have you checked fitment on aftermarket bumpers? GReddy, Top Secret, Type-N, etc...
Does it use the factory upper left & right clips?
THanks!

Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Agreed. Gotta get rid of that gap and get the mesh black. Besides that, it looks great.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by PimpinPearl
Have you checked fitment on aftermarket bumpers? GReddy, Top Secret, Type-N, etc...
Does it use the factory upper left & right clips?
THanks!
No, we have not checked fitment with aftermarket bumpers, but it shouldn't be a problem. Yes, it does use the upper left and right clips.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by PiMpG35
Agreed. Gotta get rid of that gap and get the mesh black. Besides that, it looks great.
We can add the black mesh in for an extra $5.

The gap is supposed to be there, many of our customers have compared our grill with the real Gialla grill and said they are exactly the same. Also, if you look at the Unlimited Tuning grill, it also has the gap and it's also basically a Gialla replica. If the real Gialla grill doesn't have a gap, then what are the chances that both companies made the same mistake that led to a same size gap on the top of the grill?

Last edited by silviaparts; 01-04-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Hmm... I would REALLLY like to see how it looks with the black mesh on it... hint hint please post a picture with a black mesh

Old 01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
I like the silver mesh for the Carib Blue Cpe. Would go good with the chrome wheels

Old 01-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Ryo
Will this fit a sedan??? Or is it coupe only?

Old 01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got mine in today. Didn't know they shipped out from Hong Kong! Nevertheless it got to me in under a week.

Ok so right off the bat, the grill looks nice. My mesh came painted black, but they didnt do a very good job with the paint as you can see some metal spots still showing at certain angles (see pic) in other words they just painted from head on, instead of every angle to get inside of the mesh. The fit is OK. The stock OEM holes didn't line up perfectly but with a little tweaking I got them to work. The grill doesn't quite line up with everything perfectly (unlike the Gialla which fits and looks like OEM) but it's very close. The carbon fiber is nicely laid, but you can still make out the seam-lines where they matched up pieces (IE at the corners) but I guess that's too be expected. Now about removing the grill, it can be done, but what they did and I don't like is they "fiberglassed down" the wires that hold the mesh in place, so if I wanted to remove it, I'm in for a lot of cutting and fab work. I guess I would be better off cutting the grill out and replaceing it with lets say the one that came with my Gialla which is a hard black plastic vs a metal one that can chip and flake away over time. You could have the metal grill powder coated as mentioned by others, but even then, being that grill is so thin in many place, there's only so long powder coating will last, specially being that its right in front of your car, where it'll get abused the most. It will last longer than straight out paint, but its not 100% solution.

Last but not least, the price - Its very well priced at $299 (shipped) considering a non-painted Gialla grill will set ya back around $250-$300 (then add $10-$30 for shipping and $50-$100 for paint). Over all, if I were to give a it rating from 1 to 10, 1 being down right nasty, and 10 being just like OEM and super cool, I will honestly say the Silvia Carbon Fiber Grill is a high 8!

If they had done a better job with the mesh grill, and if it fit better, I would give it a closer to 10 rating.

Here's a pic for the time being, I'll have better ones once the weather clears up.....

Old 01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Ohh and about this "gap" in the middle, both my Gialla and now the Silvia have a gap. The problem that I see is that the Silvia sticks out more (this is probably due to misaligned mounting holes), and thus makes that middle gap appear to be larger. Once the weather clears up, I will play around with the grill and see if I cant get it to fit better. The Silvia also has a little conture to it which the oem and Gialla both do not have. This makes it wanna stick up more than lay down. That is problem that is "molded" into the grill and can not be fixed.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Here's the Gialla...

If you look closely, I know its hard to see, but the Gialla is not as "rounded" as the Silvia and it stays flush with the car lines. The Silvia is more rounded and sticks out more. Maybe it was molded after the Data grill vs the Gialla, I don't know?

Just figured I would throw this up for anyone who may want to compare the both. As for fitment with aftermarket bumpers, no problems here, and since aftermarket bumpers are designed around the use of the OEM grill, and this part is designed to replace the OEM grill, you won't have any problems. I also want to clear up that the Top Secret bumper comes with its own version of this grill built into the bumper, thus you can't use such a grill. You can however with the Greddy, Stillen, etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Carbon Fiber Grill from Silviaparts!!