Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Holes in front bumper from license plate holder :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
I will register this car in a different state where they do not have a front license plate.
what states don't require front plates? and isn't there a residency requirement in order to register a car in that state?

Old 01-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roro
what states don't require front plates? and isn't there a residency requirement in order to register a car in that state?
There is a residency requirement, but I would be able to register the car in Michigan since I'm in the military and that is my home of record.

I also had the choice as to whether or not I wanted to pay the sales tax in Michigan (6%) or in Virginia (3%), where I currently live. Of course I went with Virginia. Once the registration runs out this year, I will switch it to Michigan, so that I won't have to pay a Virginia property tax on the car every year (that's where they make up for the low 3% sales tax). I checked with DMV here in VA and MI and they both said there was nothing illegal about doing that. I hope they're right!

js.

Last edited by jimmyshaker; 01-29-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I have the same problem as all you guys too.Took off the front plate but it looked ridiculous if I just left it so I put it back on...that was back in HAWAII where you gottah have both plates, but you can take a chance...I got warned from this prickhead cop the nyt of Halloween when I was parked in the far parking lot of the Shell..He didn't even see if my car had paper plates or not and he told me to put my front plate on or else I was gonna get a $70sumtin dollar ticket. In Las Vegas now and it seems all the G's come without it and you don't really need it shoot sumtimes I see cars with no plates at all...Gonna try those fasteners THANKX

Old 02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
What if the dealership had drilled in the holes unevenly???? What can they do about this? I want a whole new bumper, but I think thats out of the question. I just don't see how they could of mess up on something this simple. I live in CA and was hoping that they didn't drill my front bumper, but when I came to the dealership, that was one of the first thing I noticed. I was sorta sad. But found out a few days later that they messed up on it, even more sad and some mad now. It didn't occured to me, to tell them not to drill my front bumper when they first called me about the car just being in. I should of said something, but I guess I was too excited about getting the car and over looked it.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:42 AM
If the holes are crooked then i would say take it back!!! You didn't pay all that money to have a job done like that. They owe you a new bumper or a new car and ask them about your warranty coverage...Don't leave it off to the last minute until it's too late..Hope everything works out for you...
Originally Posted by wunautica
What if the dealership had drilled in the holes unevenly???? What can they do about this? I want a whole new bumper, but I think thats out of the question. I just don't see how they could of mess up on something this simple. I live in CA and was hoping that they didn't drill my front bumper, but when I came to the dealership, that was one of the first thing I noticed. I was sorta sad. But found out a few days later that they messed up on it, even more sad and some mad now. It didn't occured to me, to tell them not to drill my front bumper when they first called me about the car just being in. I should of said something, but I guess I was too excited about getting the car and over looked it.

Last edited by G*spot; 02-03-2005 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Why are dealers drilling holes for front plates? If you take out the rectangular plug in the middle of the bumper, a plate holder/adapter (comes with the car) attaches to it. I found this out from my sales guy. If they drill holes in mine, it's going back - period!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 03:30 PM
They drill them in the bumpers where front plates are required by law, but I think they should only drill them upon request of the customer...Something so little like this makes a big deal!! Yeah ChemEngr!! Take it back if you get them holes then you won't be stuck with um like us...

Old 02-21-2005, 12:54 PM
holes in front bumper

Hello folks: This is my first posting. I am new to this “chat room” stuff, but have found it invaluable (a gross understatement) since discovering this site. Got my G35 Coupe, (5AT, Laser Red / Black, premium pkg, sport suspension pkg, factory aero kit), three weeks ago. It has vastly exceeded my expectations. This machine can “create” an enthusiast. Anyway, my only problem was the disappointment that my dealer had installed a front license plate holder despite my written instruction not to. They were a terrific sales team other than this so I forgave them. Prior to discovering the “bumper plug” link on the site I wrestled with a repair on my own. I tried to make my own plugs but I just did not like the “rivet” effect. The masochistic intentional crash is an interesting idea, (AKA Sideways, the movie), but our California insurance commissioner is currently running a sting operation on insurance fraud. Seriously. Besides, I just could not handle being separated from my car while repairs were being made. Read “separation anxiety”. I came up with this idea for what it is worth. The cost was five dollars and I think it looks better than the commercial plugs. I was shopping at Office Depot and found these “See Through Color Dots” by Avery. They are a very thin vinyl with adhesive on the underside. I used my touchup paint to put three coats of paint on a dozen of the dots. After drying I picked out the two best for use. This weekend I had Transparentbra.com, who I found on this site, come to my house to install a bra. When he was done I simply stuck a “dot” over the hole. Presto! I did a few tests with unpainted dots before the bra installation and believe me the dot is not easy to remove. I think it will last. Daniel did leave a sample of the bra material behind, so I am going to replace the dot with one covered with the bra material. If I ever do get a fixit ticket, I will be able to mount a plate with a couple of screws, then fix the holes with another couple of dots. By the way, I was following the thread to find the producer of the license plate mount that fits in the tow screw, but got to a dead end. StrictlyZ.com was closed. Wonder if it will reopen so I can find the license plate holder seller? I am going to attempt to ad some pics to this posting. Hope it works out. Looking forward to being a participant in your discussions.

Attached Thumbnails Holes in front bumper from license plate holder  :(-hole-repair.jpg   Holes in front bumper from license plate holder  :(-materials.jpg  
Old 02-21-2005, 02:04 PM
nice fix. I bought my G in December and even though a front plate is required, my salesman said it was my option (he did not have one on his coupe) so I did not have the plate installed. (the plastic license plate frame was put into my trunk). If you ever decide to add a plate (due to warning ticket!) you can order the bracket you mentioned at this site:

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1434

max

Old 02-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks maxpower. I was looking all over for this item. I will purchase it now just to have it on hand.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by gumdoc
Thanks maxpower. I was looking all over for this item. I will purchase it now just to have it on hand.
http://stillen.com/Sportscars_detail...d=43020&page=1

you may want to call first, I thought I heard or read somewhere that the thread size is different for the 05's....wouldn't hurt to check it out first.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Is anyone interested in seeing if we can get a group buy from bumperplugs.com?

Old 04-29-2005, 02:33 AM
your dealers are idiots!

whats whith the holes are your infiniti dealers idiots? U ever wonder why you have a small removable rectangular piece in your front bumper. Maybe it is there so i dont have to drill holes in my front bumper. What else could that piece possible be for? i would have a dealer fix the problem and if they were stupid enough to do that i would find a better dealer to work on the rest of my car

Attached Thumbnails Holes in front bumper from license plate holder  :(-dgg351.jpg  
Old 04-30-2005, 01:27 AM
The stupid dealer put four holes in my bumper! Two big ones and then two small ones because they messed up on the two big ones. Never noticed it till I took the license plate off. Man I was pissed. Good thing I have a friend that does body work and filled them up for me. Now it looks just like new

Attached Thumbnails Holes in front bumper from license plate holder  :(-front.jpg  
Old 04-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took the G to a body shop, and got it repainted about 4 day ago. I konw I know, but that was my only fix at the time. Got some more stuff painted too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Holes in front bumper from license plate holder :(