Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Teh Nismo Front is on!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wickedG35
No, you cannot access the tow hook. The tow hook opening is just shaped like the Nismo one but is solid and molded to the bumper. Even if you put a hole through it, you would need to make a custom center piece that can pop on and off if you need to get to it.
Totally WRONG. Thats the stock peice from my OEM bumper in there

Old 01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by b0hr
Perfect fit, or did you shop have to modify the square?

Old 01-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Simply beautiful... first one I've seen on BS - I've been back and forth with this and now I know this is definitely the bumper I have to get - do you have the factory splash guards as well? I'm contemplating on whether I should keep the f/r splash guards or replace the front ones with the ING +1 sideskirts...

the only difference is that I'm going to paint the insides of the inlets black and get a Gialla Grille...

Old 01-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
Simply beautiful... first one I've seen on BS - I've been back and forth with this and now I know this is definitely the bumper I have to get - do you have the factory splash guards as well? I'm contemplating on whether I should keep the f/r splash guards or replace the front ones with the ING +1 sideskirts...

the only difference is that I'm going to paint the insides of the inlets black and get a Gialla Grille...
No splash guards. I'm waiting a few weeks to put some flat black vinyl on to see how I like the black ducts as well. I also did this tonight. Cant deceide whether or not to leave it

Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah but the stock piece does you no good because the hook spot doesn't go through the whole bumper. Allow me to demonstrate...

TYPE-N FRONT BUMPER

Here is what you see w/o the OEM center piece:

And here is what it looks like from the back:

Notice how you can't get to the hook. You'd have to have the body shop cut a hole for the hook if you wanted to access it.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah but the stock piece does you no good because the hook spot doesn't go through the whole bumper. Allow me to demonstrate...

TYPE-N FRONT BUMPER

Here is what you see w/o the OEM center piece:

And here is what it looks like from the back:

Notice how you can't get to the hook. You'd have to have the body shop cut a hole for the hook if you wanted to access it.
No, you cannot access the tow hook. The tow hook opening is just shaped like the Nismo one but is solid and molded to the bumper. Even if you put a hole through it, you would need to make a custom center piece that can pop on and off if you need to get to it.
Thats why we have dremels. You implied that the stock square would not fit even if i cut the hole. But I just cut the backing off and my stock square clips right in. Dont take it as me attacking you, but you said it wouldnt work

Old 01-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Thats why we have dremels. You implied that the stock square would not fit even if i cut the hole. But I just cut the backing off and my stock square clips right in. Dont take it as me attacking you, but you said it wouldnt work
Right which means you had to 'MODIFY' the bumper to be able to access the tow hook. Even though the tow hook cover fits over the bumper, you cannot access the tow hook without modifying the bumper.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
I never said you didnt have to make a hole, just that the stock center peice would work with that bumper and you would not need a custom peice

Old 01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
But anyways, great choice in bumpers. I'm not gonna get all involved in something regarding a towhook. Am I the first to actually keep it? I kno joe and the black one both got rid of it

Old 01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still prefer the stock non aero. I like the kenstyle back bumper more than stock tho and also the impul back one.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
When I had to have my car towed I needed to pull off the front bumper. This sounds like a chore, but I can have my bumper off in five minutes so it isn't that big of a deal to me to not have a functional tow hook square. To each is his own.

Old 01-13-2005, 05:25 AM
nismo kit is HOT... congrat!

Old 01-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by joenismo
When I had to have my car towed I needed to pull off the front bumper. This sounds like a chore, but I can have my bumper off in five minutes so it isn't that big of a deal to me to not have a functional tow hook square. To each is his own.
Did you match that line that was running down the middle of the bumper?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Awesome man! Did you use black mesh for the lower holes? Mine is sitting in my garage, going to get painted + installed soon! It will be the first black one on a black G.

ahh...correction.. second.

Love the grill and your car looks great!

Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Did you match that line that was running down the middle of the bumper?

Yes I did match that body line. I just don't like the look of the square. BTW the black G35 looks great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teh Nismo Front is on!!