Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

ViS Fuzion hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xclusiv, yes I considered the Seibon hoods. the JS looks a bit too much like an Evo VIII hood for me. I debated between the TS and ViS, but I like the inlet vent on the ViS hood. I'm building my engine over time (SSR turbos, cam, pistons, rods, everything) so I'm looking at the hood from a functional perspective. Mike, don't know about the paint yet. I know the owner of a high quality body shop here so I should be able to get a hookup on it

Old 02-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Jason11784
the hoods looks weird on pics and online, it only looks good in person...

i have friends that tells me when i drive behind them, it looks like i'ma eat them up... it looks really aggressive in person... everytime i pull into a parking lot, people turn heads to look at it... i've even seen people stick their face in the front hole to look whats inside...

if only you knew what people were really thinking when they look at your hood...

Old 02-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Please excuse me for this noob question. I'm new to this forum.

If you change to a hood with openings/vents, what happens to rain or water that gets on it? Is it channelled away from the hood? Or else it'll damage the engine and stuff..

thx

Old 02-10-2005, 03:10 AM
VIS and Seibon hoods have a cover underneath that can be removed or left on to prevent water from coming in.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 AM
so it would be a tray-like thing underneath the hood to collect water? But doesn't that take aaway from the cooling capacity of the hood?

Old 02-10-2005, 08:08 PM
when your moving, water entering isn't an issue, when oyur parked, or with the front vent of the ViS it is. for haze, it's the owners choice, back to only the stock cooling capacity of a non-vented hood or remove the cover and let water get all over your engine. I'll take leaving the cover in on wet days since I can't afford a new engine

Old 02-10-2005, 10:39 PM
what do you mean by the "cover" that you're refering to? Is there another piece that comes with all ventilated hood to collect water underneath the hood?

Why wouldn't it matter for the water to leak in the engine when the car is in motion?

Old 02-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
vis hood you asked about

Hey man, I am the owner of the black G35 with the CF hood you are talking about. I admit that it may not look that good in the pictures...(the camera just doesn't come across well) but upclose it looks great. The dark CF matches the black car well enough for me, but I will be painting it soon and it will look even better.

Attached Thumbnails ViS Fuzion hood-new-016-small.jpg   ViS Fuzion hood-new-017-small.jpg   ViS Fuzion hood-new-018-small.jpg  
Old 02-11-2005, 12:02 AM
OH, and to answer the question about the water...the hood comes with a molded plastic piece screwed and caulked in the completely close off the hood for water and for cold weather (since you want to retain heat then.) In the summer, and if you have a garage, the piece is easily removed. The front scoop allows air to enter and then leave the vents creating a suction of engine heat off, ideal for hotter running engines (ie FI)

Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM
exactly csukoh. I'm planning on building my engine and running SSR twins so I need all the cooling I can get. haze, when it's parked water can enter through and vents and cover the engine. water + engine electronics = hell. when your moving dow the road, water blows right over the vents. since they open to the rear of the car, water blows right over them (except the front vent). csukoh, was there any noticable effect on the engine performance (mainly cooling system) once you installed the hood? do you run it with or without the covers? I'm moving in a month to a townhome with an attached garage so getting rained on won't be an issue any longer. mine was delayed and will be arriving tomorow. I'll post pictures of it. I'm sending it to a body shop to have it prepped and painted then I'm installing it.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok...I have found that the stock car handles heat pretty well, but the vented hood allows the car to not run the fan nearly as often on hot days and I am certain it would help a lot with FI and would highly recommend it. Also, I have an Injen CAI, and due to that setup I try not to drive in the rain, so I tend to keep the plastic piece on for the rain when parked. If I were you, I would remove them if your car would be garaged, except in cold weather. Please PM me with pics when you get them.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 AM
When it gets hot I will remove it to allow the Injen CAI to actually work...doesn't seem too smart to me to make a CAI out of metal...that whole heat conductivity thing. I may just wrap the damn thing in heat tape...ugly but effective. hahaha

Old 02-11-2005, 09:24 AM
thanks for the reply guys. Good luck on your searches

Old 02-11-2005, 08:06 PM
well once again DHL syas my hood was delayed. no updates available now until monday. sux. pics and celebrations will have to wait till next week I guess.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:26 PM
picked up my hood today. came in double boxed and in mint condition. delivering it to the body shop tomorow for prep and paint. I'll take pics tomorow of the underside tray to show every1. the hood loox incredible just resting in the box though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ViS Fuzion hood