Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wireless Paddle Shift Kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wireless Paddle Shift Kit?

Hello,

I have been coming to the forums for quite a while just lurking and reading threads, there is so much great information on here, thanks to everyone who contributes. I figured it was about time for my contribution to the forums so here it goes.... I have been interested in purchasing a paddle shift kit for my G35 for a while now but they have either been a bit pricey ($550.00-$650.00) or they do not look good at all. I finally think I have come across the perfect kit for my vehicle but I would like a little feedback if possible from any forum members here who have either used this kit before or dealt with this company in the past. The kit is the HNP wireless F1 steering wheel mounted kit and its from innovativeignitionsystems.com. Please leave any feedback you may have on the kit or company. I did contact the company about the kit, they got back to me right away and they were very informative. They said there is no shift lag at all when using their kit, they also said they have full install diagrams for the G35 to make install very fast and easy.I mentioned I was a forum member and they offered me a 10% discount on their kit as well.I have attached a video from youtube showing the kit I am talking about. Thanks guys!

Paddle shift kit demo

Paddle shift kit in action

Last edited by hahaV8; 11-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (11-02-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking I need this in my life

Does the kit work with power tilt and telescopic steering wheels.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
That's the question ^ if not, and you want to install it yourself... Do it all yourself. It's easy and not much more work than their kit will be to install. I paid just over $130 for my OEM 370z paddle install.

Edit: These paddles are mounted to and turn with the wheel.... I wouldn't know which one to press when driving hard. These are no more convenient than the regular tiptronic shifter IMO.

Last edited by yosip1115; 10-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
when driving hard ur rarely full locking..

Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
Does the kit work with power tilt and telescopic steering wheels.

I actually have the telescoping steering wheel in my G35 as well and they told me it would work fine since there is no wires that have to be ran through the steering wheel and down the column like the column mounted paddle shift kits need. Like I said most kits I found before this one were way too expensive and didn't work with the telescoping steering wheel anyways. Innovative assured me there is no problem with using this kit with it though so that's a big plus! No more of this ----->...lol....

Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
That's the question ^ if not, and you want to install it yourself... Do it all yourself. It's easy and not much more work than their kit will be to install. I paid just over $130 for my OEM 370z paddle install.

Edit: These paddles are mounted to and turn with the wheel.... I wouldn't know which one to press when driving hard. These are no more convenient than the regular tiptronic shifter IMO.
I personally like the look of them attached to the steering wheel rather then sticking out the column but I hear ya, to each his own. I have heard a lot of people complain about scrapping there knuckles on the aftermarket column mounted paddle shift kits, from them sitting too close to the steering wheel. How did you get paddles for $130.00? Was that just the install or was that a full kit?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Intriguing, but why they chose not to show their product in action confuses me. As this is wireless, what if there is a lag time between when you press the paddle, and when the receiving module tells the transmission to shift? Not even going to consider this until I see it in action.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by dominate
Intriguing, but why they chose not to show their product in action confuses me. As this is wireless, what if there is a lag time between when you press the paddle, and when the receiving module tells the transmission to shift? Not even going to consider this until I see it in action.
You know, I asked them about that as well and they told me a video of them in action will be posted on youtube very soon, I will try and post it up on this thread once they post one. I am curious on their claim of no shift lag as well since it is a wireless kit but they assured me there is no lag at all and that the kit shifts at the same timing as the OEM shifter guess we shall soon see if their claims are true or not.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by hahaV8
You know, I asked them about that as well and they told me a video of them in action will be posted on youtube very soon, I will try and post it up on this thread once they post one. I am curious on their claim of no shift lag as well since it is a wireless kit but they assured me there is no lag at all and that the kit shifts at the same timing as the OEM shifter guess we shall soon see if their claims are true or not.
That's great, I'm a little skeptical of wireless as OEM (on V36 chassis) and Works Bell (to my knowledge) use wires, but I do like this style of paddles compared to Works Bell which sits low.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
+1 for more info

Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by hahaV8
I personally like the look of them attached to the steering wheel rather then sticking out the column but I hear ya, to each his own. I have heard a lot of people complain about scrapping there knuckles on the aftermarket column mounted paddle shift kits, from them sitting too close to the steering wheel. How did you get paddles for $130.00? Was that just the install or was that a full kit?
I made sure to space them out proper to allow full use of the wheel when on or off of the shifters. We'll see what happens if I put some weight on ha. You can see a shot of the install in my garage. I worked with what I had. Starting with just a set of paddles from a wrecked 2011 370z. $125.
Next I made a relay box to trick the TCM into thinking you're using the OEM shifter when you hit the paddles. $5.
Total install time was 4-5 hours and a few beers. They also look completely OEM which is a plus.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I made sure to space them out proper to allow full use of the wheel when on or off of the shifters. We'll see what happens if I put some weight on ha. You can see a shot of the install in my garage. I worked with what I had. Starting with just a set of paddles from a wrecked 2011 370z. $125.
Next I made a relay box to trick the TCM into thinking you're using the OEM shifter when you hit the paddles. $5.
Total install time was 4-5 hours and a few beers. They also look completely OEM which is a plus.

Those look amazing. Would you say having those are worth it over the stock tip-tronic shifter? And are they more responsive than the stock tip-tronic? That's always been my question with systems like this.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by redguitarfreak
Those look amazing. Would you say having those are worth it over the stock tip-tronic shifter? And are they more responsive than the stock tip-tronic? That's always been my question with systems like this.
Well if you think feeling like you are actually driving a v35 skyline is worth it then yes! It's nice to have the options right there. 5th to 3rd, bang. 3rd to second... Bang. Then you're gone lookin like a true G driver. To answer your question though, they aren't more responsive but they feel like it. No lag time because the moment you hit the paddle it grounds the up shift or downshift relay. You hear "click" then the next gear is already there.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Well if you think feeling like you are actually driving a v35 skyline is worth it then yes! It's nice to have the options right there. 5th to 3rd, bang. 3rd to second... Bang. Then you're gone lookin like a true G driver. To answer your question though, they aren't more responsive but they feel like it. No lag time because the moment you hit the paddle it grounds the up shift or downshift relay. You hear "click" then the next gear is already there.
I dig that. Ugh. Now I know what is next on my list.

Are the paddle shifters just engaged when you push the stick over to the manual mode?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
No you are committed. Full time tiptronic. No drive mode anymore.

JUST KIDDING.
Part of me wouldn't hate this..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wireless Paddle Shift Kit?