Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hood Problems???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood Problems???

Hi...i am new to this site and need a little bit of help. First off lets start from the beginning. I bought this car on September 25, 2014. Very excited to buy this car...i searched craigslist up and down searching for the right one and finally found this in Springfield, Massachusetts. I live in Albany, NY. I drove there and paid for car and then drove back the next day with my G/F to pick up car.

Day 1

Not even 2 months later on November 8, 2014 while driving to work doing about 35 MPH a deer came over of nowhere and slammed into the driver side A pillar and tore off driver side mirror and dented driver side door and rear quarter panel .

I was so pissed because when i put insurance on car i figured im only going to drive it for a month or two and then take it off road for winter so i didnt put full coverage on it. I know i know...stupid me...i dont know what i was thinking. I figured F it ill just save up some money and fix it over winter so i preceded to drive it and then once again on November 19, 2014 i was driving down a road doing 60 MPH and a large buck decided to run straight out in front of me. I barely had time to tap the brake and i blasted him. Up and over the roof he went.

At this point i gave up and parked her for the winter. I was broken hearted to see her like this. I couldnt believe that in 10+ years of driving the same roads to work every single day never did i hit a deer and now not even two months after buying this car i hit two in less than 2 weeks. So life continued on and my G/F bought a new house in February 2015. We remodeled a lot before we moved in and finally everything was settled by April 2015. So it was back to getting my car back to what it already was. I finally saved up enough money to buy a new bumper, hood, fender, mirror, radiator support, headlights, and a driver side door (which weirdly enough i found on craigslist in Springfield, Massachusetts about 5 minutes from where i had originally bought car).

I didnt have the new door on yet.

I started to feel good about my car again. It was exciting just to pull off all the destroyed parts. I let it chill like that for a while again as i again started to save for the body work and paint. Life got in the way so it would again be covered for the winter and left undone. As March of 2016 came and it started to get warm i had saved up enough money to finally get things going. I finally dropped off my car to be painted. I dropped the damn thing off to an old family friend that charged me $1400 to paint the bumper, hood, fender, drivers door because it had a couple nicks in it and do the body work on the rear quarter panel. Not sure if this is a good price or not?? He had my car for almost 2 months which was driving me nuts. Everyone kept asking me when i was getting my car back and i was like . FINALLY on June 10th he called and told me to come pick it up.

Also some new shoes.

Very happy to have it back...but this brings me to my question. I instantly noticed an issue with the hood...it doesnt seem to sit right...the passenger side sits up a little bit right where it meets the headlight and there are also gaps on both sides of the grill where the hood should meet the bumper...im wondering if anyone has had this issue and solved the problem...i spent hours searching the internet and couldnt come up with anything. The hood also wont latch which is why i put the hood pins in. I tried everything to get it to latch. I oblonged the holes on the part that the hood latches into and moved it as far as i could up and still nothing. If you have any ideas plz let me know. Sorry this was this long of a post but i had to put the whole story out there lol. Thanks in advance for any input. Here are some pics of the gaps.

Again thanks for reading and any input or ideas.

Last edited by milla61687; 06-25-2016 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Most non factory body parts don't fit perfectly and have gaps. Sorry to hear about your shty luck.