Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For all those lusting after kenstyle look here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Dubs amd Pdjafari you guys hit the nail right on the head

Old 03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I've been dealing with body kits for many years and to tell the truth the quality finish of KS (fiber glass) wouldn't compare to any aftermarket urethane product out there.
Do think for one second that people who invest 3k on a KS body kit DON'T KNOW QUALITY... To be more up front, the impul body kit doesn't even come close to the OEM FITMENT AND FINISHES LIKE THE KS, AND THATS CUS I SEEN IT UP FRONT..... And for all who don't like what I said TO BAD THATS HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT.....

Old 03-08-2005, 10:36 AM
just seems like your trying to convince yourself you didn't get ripped off - but that's just MY opinion... people like you really **** me off - do you really think that your **** doesn't stink because you spent three grand on a frickin' body kit? I could see spending that much on a set of wheels or performance parts, but c'mon...

and it doesn't matter if you buy the original or a replica if you have a good body shop painting/installing it - THEY are the ultimate factor in the outcome of ANY body kit, imo...

Old 03-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Juan if its status your after...than the G isnt exactly the right car, not to mention the average person in the US wont even know what BRAND your body kit is, all they will see/know is that you have a nicer G than stock, therefore why does it matter what brand name you have as long as it looks good and fits good?? Unless you have a cash copier and its only name brand your after, and your into fashion for the car. We all agree a stock G is a beautiful car, and we all agree a moded G is nicer and we all respect someone who is willing to pay 3-4k for a body kit has a REALLY nice G, we may not agree w/ it, but we respect it nonetheless. Everyone takes a different route to get to their 'ideal' car and people have different budgets. My only reason for posting to this thread was for respect, or in this case for the lack thereof.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:02 AM
not to thread-jack, but the problem w/ replicas is that it puts companies like SSR, w/ original/unique ideas, out of business. when a company comes out w/ a great design, and a replica steals the market share from them, why should the original company continue to come up w/ innovative designs?

this is basically along the same lines as software piracy. i really don't want to get into a religious war, i mean ultimately its ur money and ur car. but that's why replicas suck.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey bro, people like me work hard and hustle their *** off and comment everything to this expensive hobby. That’s why you sweat their cars at the car shows, that’s why that car made you look back, that’s why that car made you talk about it to your friends. Its about originality, creatively and your unique style.
Do you get the point!!! It’s not about how much money you got?
Like I said I work hard for what I have, I'm not rich or a millionaire,
I just love this hobby!!! Its about how commented you are.
Its not about getting ripped off, Its about knowing your hobby and style.
And if your style is replica so be it!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:40 AM
Well not all of us can afford what you can so.... soo stop making us less fortunate people feel bad.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:53 AM
As I mentioned earlier, if fitment is very good then it might be worth it. When I got the KenStyle kit back in december, the bodyshop was totally surprised with the guality of this kit, its much stronger than your typical Fiberglass kit and the fitment was perfect, no modification whats so ever. Bumpers fit just like oem specs. I dont mind paying the extra $1100+ for the quality and fitment for this kit. Didnt want to deal with the headaches and fitment issues with some of the cheaper fiberglass kit. So yes I was definitely satisfied, no regrets. Dont mind paying the extra $ to do it right. At least for me I know I have the REAL DEAL. So if this replica fits good, with not much modification if any, then its all good.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by JUAN
Its about originality, creatively and your unique style.
See Juan what your not getting is that a kit is kit... half the people on this forum could have the same kit but each persons car could look totally different because its not only just the kit that determines originality, creatively and your unique style but a lot of other factors that come together to distinguish the car. Wings, hoods, lights, custom color, and a ton of other accessories are what come together to make a car. Everyone on this forum knows that you thought that spending the money would give you a kind of exclusitivity and now you're bitter that you spent more money for the same stuff. The fact is that you feel like a girl on prom night who wore the same dress as another girl... A lot more people will have this kit and you will have to deal!
BTW it's commit not comment!

Old 03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Never enough
Well Ive emailed the seller and asked if I bid could I pick it up. Ive done this twice in the last few days. I havent got a response back yet. This makes me think hes got something to hide. How come he doesnt show the kit off the car, the parts hes selling?? Maybe he doesnt want me to pick them up cause they are ****!

Old 03-08-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't have any issue with any one getting a KS kit. In fact I would help, interest, and encourage friends and others to upgrade and tune their cars in any way possible. So it doesn't have any thing to do with having the same kit, but having some thing that’s fake is a different story. The main point is fake sht is fake sht !!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I think you are being a "brand-*****" to a company that you really have no prior knowledge about... did you even know who the f@ck Kenstyle was before they released this kit? (I have actually seen their kits for FD's before, but that's really it - and they were very tame compared to the rear of the kit for the G)

And btw, I could buy any kit out there if I really wanted to, but I guess I'm not "commented" enough to the scene to "keep it real"....

Old 03-08-2005, 02:38 PM
^LOL, I dont want o knock someone who is brand loyal, I know to some degree you get what you pay for, but 5-6 K IMO for fiberglass is way off. Regardless of quality/fitment/R&D etc. Why then price it so high?? B/c there are ppl who will purchase REGARDLESS of price. You can price the original kenstyle at 10Gs and i am sure somewhere, someone will buy it, just like people pay 300G's for a bentley/rolls royce Now THAT's what I call commented!!

Last edited by pdjafari; 03-08-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:54 PM
wow this thread is stupid....everytime someone posts something up about a replica kit, this always happens....

Old 03-08-2005, 02:55 PM
just an fyi, part of the cost is probably shipping. taking into account the state of the world today, i'd imagine that fuel is considerably higher than what it was several years ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all those lusting after kenstyle look here