Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For all those lusting after kenstyle look here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gdup,

I agree this thread is stupid!! I just feel bad for you b/c you read through both pages to come to that conclusion when after reading 4-5 posts you shouldve skipped the thread all together!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
At the end of the day this post was merely a courtesy to those who couldnt or wouldnt spend the money on a full AUTHENTIC kit. Many of us would love to have the original but our pocketbooks do not allow for it. So having said that, a replica is a good 2nd option. And since 99% of the population driving by wouldnt have a bloody clue if its authentic or a replica who gives a crap at the end of the day. So Y dont we leave this as what the original intent was to inform those they have choices should they want to mod their G to thier hearts content.

Old 03-08-2005, 04:11 PM
^you just said what i been trying to say in 3454353 posts on this thread!

thank you and goodbye

Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Never enough
In the end I think what most are trying to say is. It might end up costing you more to make the knock off fit like the real deal. I think these guys are trying to watch out for members. But hell I could be wrong.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Sorry, but you are wrong

They don't care about other people - they care that something they paid $3k for can now be had at a cheaper price, so the "originality" they thought they could simply pay for is no longer there... sorry to tell you guys, but you can't put a price on being creative and original...

Old 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Replicas / original who cares? They all look the same if you get a good bodyshop to put it on.

I partially blame Kenstyle and their pricing policies. By deciding to sell at $3k, you're practically inviting everyone to copy it. If you can buy the same kit for $1500, it makes it a much easier decision to buy the knock-off. If they would have priced it a little lower, they don't leave themselves open to other companies being able to knock so much off the price.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you guys really think it costs them even half of the 3 G's to make the kits??? This is the problem...Companies like Kenstyle, Ings and Nismo charge so much for their name that they make people like me want to buy the replicas...I just got a replica Nismo for less than half of the real Nismo...You just can't beat that! And it fits pretty well!

Old 03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I have sent this guy a few messages also asking him if this is the real deal, and I have no yet receive any kind of reply. Conclusion: REPLICA, no way this is real deal, you pay for what you get. Despite people dont want to pay top dollars for fiberglass, but the truth is, REAL STUFF FITS, no bs. And of couse, urethane material is the best, because thats what OEM uses, but its expensive since it cost more to make, just my opinions.

Tai

Old 03-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I am in school, and have been in school, working with fiberglass, ABS, and all other sorts of molds etc., so that I can hopefully start up a business of my own and make my own body kits, spoilers, etc., that are wind tunnel tested - or atleast work for a REPUTABLE company that makes its molds like this. Why, when I have spent all my time, biult up student loans, studied, worked, and bled over this just to have some no name company copy my design for a car and steal not just my money, but also money for my wife, kids, and myself?
One word.... Capitalism. It's what America is based on. It's all about competition... You have to price your stuff to compete with others and this isn't the only industry that this happens in. Maybe you should open your own business making replicas!? Its just plain common sense... Why pay 2 times the price if you don't have to? This is FIBERGLASS! You should know how cheap fiberglass is. Do you think I want to pay $3,000 for a kit that can crack as easily as an egg shell when I can pay $1,500? If Kenstyle is urethane and the replica is fiberglass then its a totally different story. What Kenstyle should do is to switch to urethane or drop it's price and it will be able to compete better. Well it's too bad that your pissed off because I'm sure that more people are happy about this replica than are mad.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 AM
[soapbox]i'm still shocked at how some of you are comparing the quality of kenstyle and these other manufacturers to replicas. i'm no expert on fiberglass or urethane, however, i'd imagine that there is a reason why these kits made in japan are considerably more expensive than their replica counterparts being made over on this side of the ocean. i'd also think that's the reason why their kits typically fit better on the first try versus replicas. add to that the cost of getting the kits packaged properly and then putting them on a plane or a boat to get it over to this side of the ocean intact and i think you have the reason why these kits do not cost the same as the $800-1000 kit being sold on ebay.

before anyone decides to flame me, this is based on my observations from seeing plenty of people with bad kits ,talking with body shops that do these kinds of installs and going to shows and talking with owners who ultimately spend the same amount of money to get the kits to fit. but like i said in an earlier post it's your money, so do what you feel with it. and since this thread has gone totally awry, i think i'm going to stop posting.[/soapbox]

Old 03-09-2005, 09:10 AM
I can tell you first hand the luxury level of a car has alot to do w/ the prices of aftermarket parts, body kits included. Another factor is how many other parts are available for the vehicle, the G has only been around since 03 (maybe late 02) for the few who picked it up late that year. Therefore the parts market is NOT YET saturated for the G. Think about it, we dont even have a manufacturer who makes a Strut Bar!! Not to mention half if not 75% of all the parts we have are thanks to our Z brothers. Now look at a 98 civic and aftermarket parts. I dont think there exists a body kit for that car in the 2k+ price range. Same goes for turbo's etc etc but our cars are fairly new therefore the cost of aftermarket parts is still higher than what it will be in 5 years. The point being made is the end product of kenstyle and its replica is 'fiberglass'. All other things constant, the end material is the same which is why your basically mostly paying for a brand name and perhaps 'fitment'. It all comes down to whats more important to you and cost/benefit. Again IMO, fiberglass cracks way too easy therefore even a 1500 body kit in fiberglass aint worth it to me, even if its an Armani/Versace/Prada body kit for the G...its still fiberglass.

Old 03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
come on guys, let's save our time discussing something else other than replica kits, we all know replica is replica no matter what you do to it.

In this forum, there are several members already spent $$$ on real Kenstyle kits and I respect their guts

"Fake diamonds are not true diamonds. You can lure other people, but you cannot lie to yourself on a daily basis."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all those lusting after kenstyle look here