Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For all those lusting after kenstyle look here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMISTAD, i agree this whole thread is a waste of time, what originally started as a way to 'inform' G owners of a 'replica' turned into a war. But in regards to your 'quote', my friend is a gemologist and owns a respected jewelry store in VA/DC. A diamond is a diamond now the quality is different VVS, VS, I, F etc etc. His diamonds are exactly the same IF not better than one you can purchase at Tiffany's for 4x the price. Why then pay more?? Status and brand name. His clientele includes many players from the Redskins/Wizards in DC. You cant compare a Cubic Zirconia and a diamond as they are totally different stones and raw materials. the people here are comparing a fiberglass replica to the real thing in fiberglass. All other things being constant fiberglass is fiberglass, right? Dont get me wrong I respect the people all who pay 5k for the real thing, all the people here posting expect respect in return which isnt/wasnt there!

Old 03-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it looks alright in the pics, but i wonder how fitment is......

Old 03-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
it looks alright in the pics, but i wonder how fitment is......

Fitment is actually not bad but I don't know how many screws they put on the car to make it look right - but from outside, you cannot tell anyway.

Kenstyle's body kit is Fiberglass but quality is level 9+ with all the holes being punched already and my body shop was smiling at me when I asked how much I shall pay to the installer because it is a PERFECT fit, how much the guy shall charge me

On the replica ones, I really don't know, but 1 thing I can make sure is that if any member wants to get this replica kit, better get it QUICK, because replica kits usu. uses the SAME mold again and again, and the quality will become worse and worse, so let's say, if you don't have $3K for the kit but just want the look, go for it NOW, beat other people before you get a bad fitment kit

Let's do some analysis:

Let's say replicas $1500-$1800 including installation & Fog Lights vs original $3600-$3800 including installation.

$2000 difference & break down to 3 years. 1 year is $700 difference = $60 difference every month = $2 difference every dayy.

NOW, can you really put $2 in a saving jar everyday for 3 years

It's your call and personally I prefer the authentic one to save any potential troubles (might not be something you will see in the near future).

Last edited by AmistadUSA; 03-10-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
AMISTAD, i agree this whole thread is a waste of time, what originally started as a way to 'inform' G owners of a 'replica' turned into a war. But in regards to your 'quote', my friend is a gemologist and owns a respected jewelry store in VA/DC. A diamond is a diamond now the quality is different VVS, VS, I, F etc etc. His diamonds are exactly the same IF not better than one you can purchase at Tiffany's for 4x the price. Why then pay more?? Status and brand name. His clientele includes many players from the Redskins/Wizards in DC. You cant compare a Cubic Zirconia and a diamond as they are totally different stones and raw materials. the people here are comparing a fiberglass replica to the real thing in fiberglass. All other things being constant fiberglass is fiberglass, right? Dont get me wrong I respect the people all who pay 5k for the real thing, all the people here posting expect respect in return which isnt/wasnt there!

We have the diamond business connection as well car parts are a little bit different even though most of the business share the similiar business concept Brand name does take the profit but if we concern that's the respect we show to the founder, why not? BUT I DOWNLOAD free musics all the time, copies? yes. Am I bad? maybe so let's focus just on cars

Old 03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Personally I saving up for the polyurethane IMPUL 535CS full kit painted from Japan. Supposedly they have top quality product that are ready to bolt on out of the box. $4000 but just might be worth it. For the Impul I'd rather get the original since it's already made with top grade material. With Kenstyle and Nismo though - I'd go with replica so long as the fitment is decent.