Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi..
funnily enough, my friend stupidly backed into my car, denting my hood beyond repair & cracking my grill. he doesn't want to go through insurance, so he is just going to pay cash for the repairs. so i thought i'd go with a cf hood & gialla grill. like the Seibon hoods very much..but the only seibon i can find is different from that & not as nice..
where did you find that, how much, how long to ship, etc?

thanks

Old 04-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Too extreme for a first mod. A hood like that complements a twin turbo G with some nice forged wheels lowered by a set of coilovers. Otherwise it looks like you wrecked your car and got too cheap to paint it.

JDM look... hah. people in japan are laughing.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
your hood is sick.. i would paint around the outside as well.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Heres pix of Seibon TS hood, painted to match the G.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:29 AM
so what do you guys do when it rains? Seibon said that they provide no run gutters for the vents

Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by kaigenx
so what do you guys do when it rains? Seibon said that they provide no run gutters for the vents
get the real thing...

Carbon fiber (painted)

Personally I like the idea of painting everything except the vents or leaving the whole thing carbon fiber.

The REAL Top Secret hoods come with rain guards, fit like OEM, and do not require hood pins. (uses the stock latch system) The vents are also deeper and more effective than the "TS Style."

Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Still Unpainted...and loving it! However, im leaning towards painting it once i get an underbody kit.....nothing too crazy...maybe Veilside or Stillen (both Urethane)

Then, ill paint all the parts together and perhaps the black plastic that connects the side-mirror to the car...not sure.

Most likely ill leave it and just buy an HKS Exhaust!!! hahaha

Old 04-28-2005, 03:12 PM
I plan on buying the top secret body kit, but $1700 for a hood is just a little ridiculous IMO. If I go carbon fiber hood I will get a replica.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
get the real thing...

Carbon fiber (painted)

Personally I like the idea of painting everything except the vents or leaving the whole thing carbon fiber.

The REAL Top Secret hoods come with rain guards, fit like OEM, and do not require hood pins. (uses the stock latch system) The vents are also deeper and more effective than the "TS Style."
The "real" Hood is def sick (duuh!), but for that kinda money, id buy something else - Not a hood.

Since when does a little water bother an engine anyway? Rain guards? ??? Who cares...

Hood pins? I dont have/need hood pins....dont i see hoodpins on "your" hood in that Pic???

Educate me.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Weight is approx. 15 lbs. One rain guard is on and one rain guard is off in the pictures.

more info here: www.topsecretjpn.com

Attached Thumbnails NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~-cpvhood01.jpg   NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~-cpvhood02.jpg   NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~-cpvhood03.jpg   NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~-cpvhood04.jpg  
Old 04-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Actully I considered buying the TopSecret hood for $1700 and widebody kit $6K from Bulletproof. However a local Seibon dealer offered me the TS model for $475, so I could not pass that deal. Fits just fine.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
The "real" Hood is def sick (duuh!), but for that kinda money, id buy something else - Not a hood.

Since when does a little water bother an engine anyway? Rain guards? ??? Who cares...

Hood pins? I dont have/need hood pins....dont i see hoodpins on "your" hood in that Pic???

Educate me.
Heavy rain might cause quite a bit of water to engine bay with this hood without the guards in place. There are plenty of things under your hood that could be damaged or will not function propertly if they are wet. If the car is a street car, you probably don't want rain/dirt getting into the engine bay anyways. (super hard to keep the engine bay clean) The guards are a good idea. If the car is a track car on the other hand, I would run the hood without them. They are simple bolt on pieces that can be added or removed in a matter of minutes.

We used hoodpins on our main demo vehicle because it will see speeds over 200mph quite often. If your vehicle was over 800hp with a twin turbo V8 in it, we would reccomend hood pins as well, regardless of hood. The Volk demo vehicle (all white) is a 600hp NOS tuned G. (I believe they use it for drag) Once again, at this hp level, hood pins are reccomended.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
Actully I considered buying the TopSecret hood for $1700 and widebody kit $6K from Bulletproof. However a local Seibon dealer offered me the TS model for $475, so I could not pass that deal. Fits just fine.
It's not just fitment that you should be concerned with. Even if your car is strictly a show vehicle, from what I've been hearing lately many Seibon carbon products are turning yellow after only a few months.

I spoke with the big boss about price and he agreed to do a G35Driver special of 15% off the Authentic Top Secret Hoods. ($1508.75 USD) We have about 5 of these left in stock in the U.S.

Last edited by TOPSECRET2001; 04-28-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Hmm.... Interesting. I was told Seibon does put the UV protective coating over the clear coat. Some cheaper CF hood do not. ......... Oh well, mines painted black to match my G anyways.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
How much does yours weigh? I am thinking about this one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW Carbon Fiber Hood ~ PICTURES ~