Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point of his posts are solely to protect his profits. I mean, I don't really blame him. I'd be upset if I came out with a product and it was copied by someone else and offered at a cheaper price.

Don't get mad at topsecret for being defensive. He's only doing his job. Although, badmouthing a product you have never seen in person is a horrible business move. Then again, it's not my business...

Old 04-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Do you see any other 'well respected' companies bad mouthing other products or replica's that are created?? Other than Crawford, I dont... and personally I respect a manufacturer that DOES NOT get involved in that type of game because it shows the true class of the manufacturer. IMO this makes that manufacturer look that much better. You think if i created a replica HKS Hi power exhaust that HKS would come on the forum and complain??? Sorry but most of their sales come from BRAND recognition and QUALITY and they dont worry about Tom/Dick/Hanks who come along and make replica exhausts. Basically I give more respect to a manufacturer that has more important things to do than complain about knock off products b/c in the end they know their $hit is the best, regardless of copies/replicas and so forth and arent worried about the small % of lost revenue b/c they are confident in their products and practices..

Although I understand the frustration topsecret must feel...and Im sure the person posting for them is probably just the messenger. IMO it really does make the company look bad and petty.

Last edited by pdjafari; 04-22-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't have cared so much if Top Secret was accurate in his posts....But he wasn't....and he was making assumptions and statements that were untrue and way different from what 350 was trying to say...I don't blame him for being mad, but there are better ways of handling this type of situation...All he had to do was READ the posts and he would not have been so off...

Old 04-22-2005, 12:03 PM
ya i agree, but regardless a quality vendor doesnt let external things affect him b/c the vendor knows its place in the business as 'untouchable' unless of course the vendor is insecure and feels the need to bash other products, but I see what your saying. They didnt have the facts straight and came out guns blazing...something I dont particularly like either...especially from a vendor/manufacturer.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
It truely shows the intentions of a company with arguments like this. As people have stated, it's all about the money. I will not put my money into any company that's sole purpose is to make a cheap product to maximize income, instead of making a profit off of "satisfied customers".

I agree with what topsecret was saying about the kenstyle not being brittle and possibly lighter. Thickness does not necessarily mean a product is weak or strong. It's all in the mixture and material. But just because something is authentic and originally made with precision, it doesn't mean a knockoff can't duplicate and actually improve the design.

It is not hard to fit on aftermarket fog lights. Anything can be rigged to make those fit and probably half the people can care less about not having an emblem, a body shop can fill that part in.

IMO if the kenstyle was actual top quality, it would have been made in urethane, especially at that price.

I think the only way to end this argument is to send one authentic kenstyle kit to me and one knock off. I will then do a thorough write up of both

Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Never enough
OK once again I did this review for members. This in no way is going to help me sell my real Kenstyle bumper. Ive been doing bodywork for a long time. Im 31 years old and no kid, Ive been around the block a few times. I work for a bodyshop where I have a chace to deal with this kind of stuff all the time. Thickness is better when it comes to glass. Were not talking about Carbon fiber here. With glass it is hand laid with fibers and resin, or with a chopper gun. These two bumper were hand laid. With Carbon you can have it stong and thin BECAUSE if done right it is, laid, vacuumed then put in a autoclave to cure at high temps. With fiberglass this is not the case. I do understand the frustration on the part of Topsecret and Kenstyle. If I made a part and it was copied I would be pissed also. BUT just because the G35 is a 35.000 car doesnt mean you can charge as much as you want for a fiberglass part. If we were talking about a Civic we wouldnt see these high prices for kits. This should be a lesson for these guys. You could charge half and no one would bother to copy your stuff. In the end you would sell more and make more money. I could go on but I think and hope I got the point across and members were able to see for themselves.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
G352NV...where are you located?

Old 04-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Never enough
In Sac.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
ahhh...wanted some body work done...but u r too far away...thanks though

Old 04-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
BUT just because the G35 is a 35.000 car doesnt mean you can charge as much as you want for a fiberglass part. If we were talking about a Civic we wouldnt see these high prices for kits.
No kidding, I can get a FULL kit (fronts sides and rear) for around 700 bucks for my 92 prelude. it is like 700 bucks just for the front bumper on some of these kits. It is crazy.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm just going to leave this be for now. I do not work for Kenstyle, I just work with them and am trying to assist them by backing up their product. There are 3 different knockoffs of this kit now and I have seen 2 up close. I am not making random accusations.

What is all comes down to is this. Hate me if you will, but I do not set the prices for anything, I do not make comission, and I do not directly profit off selling authentic Kenstyle products. I'm not defending my own money at all. I post because I hate knockoffs. They are blatent thefts of designs by companies that are just out there to make a quick buck by stealing another company's design. It's no different than fake rolex watches or fake designer clothing brands. Do you really think the knockoff companies are trying to do you a favor? They are just trying to cash in whatever way they can.

Hell, I'm probably the last person to but something because of the brand name and I wouldn't tell you to do so either. Posers, wannabes, whatever. I buy things based on their design or performance...and I just personally don't like the idea of giving money to any company making money by stealing another companies design.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
I'm just going to leave this be for now. I do not work for Kenstyle, I just work with them and am trying to assist them by backing up their product. There are 3 different knockoffs of this kit now and I have seen 2 up close. I am not making random accusations.

What is all comes down to is this. Hate me if you will, but I do not set the prices for anything, I do not make comission, and I do not directly profit off selling authentic Kenstyle products. I'm not defending my own money at all. I post because I hate knockoffs. They are blatent thefts of designs by companies that are just out there to make a quick buck by stealing another company's design. It's no different than fake rolex watches or fake designer clothing brands. Do you really think the knockoff companies are trying to do you a favor? They are just trying to cash in whatever way they can.

Hell, I'm probably the last person to but something because of the brand name and I wouldn't tell you to do so either. Posers, wannabes, whatever. I buy things based on their design or performance...and I just personally don't like the idea of giving money to any company making money by stealing another companies design.
Topsecret, no hate here. I hear everything your saying! Im not the type to buy a knock off also. But it so happens my buddy is. This topic was for members that are thinking about it. BUT I do think these guys need to wake up, 3k for a bodykit that is made out of glass is way over the top.You can buy the topsecret widebody for not much more and look what you get. Again they wouldnt have to worry about theft if the price point was right.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I see where you are comin from also Top Secret...Just dont put down 350 when he is telling the truth...dont make up stuff...

Old 04-23-2005, 02:40 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
if the kenstyle bumpers are such great products they should not worry about knockoffs. i'm sure Gucci does not worry about it's fake counters parts being made in Southeast Asia. Because they are confident in their product and know that it's going to be a better product BY FAR. but from what it seems, the authentic KS is not.

But again, i havent seen EITHER, so just my two cents. Not that it matters. And i dont hate you either so.

So you sell KS products not to make profit then to do what? For recreational purposes? Or are you just doing us a favor? So you are either doing us a favor, or you are making profit from us. Obviously you arent' making profit from us since you said so. Then what makes me think that the guys making the replicas are.

Maybe they really ought to make the kit out of urethane. That would definatly command a premium then. But fiberglass?

Old 04-23-2005, 03:13 AM
G352NV, will it be weird to have the repica kenstyle front bumper without the foglights? and how much will the foglights cost and will they be easy to mount?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Knock off front Kenstyle bumper VS the real deal! Report!