Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Top Secret Tail Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Gdup
what bodykit u have on ur car?
u have more front view pics too?
thx

Old 04-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
doesn't bluebat offer something similar to this and everyone called it ricey? anyway, im sure Bat could help a lot of you out if you don't want to spend $475, but it is a vinyl overlay, not CF

Old 04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
i mixed the kits.... i have a gialla front, top secret sides, and veilside rear... here are some more pics of the front

Old 04-22-2005, 08:22 PM
There's more info on all the parts here:
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/v35.shtml

They are molded over the edges and to the shape of the lights, I don't think vinyl would hold the shape without ripples or bubbles. (plus you can paint them to match your vehicle if you'de like...another thing you cannot do with vinyl)

Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
WOW, i really like that...i think it would compliment my Seibon CF hood very nicely...
Give it a few months until your Seibon carbon turns yellow...

Old 04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
gdup...the eyelids look great with the CF hood, nice G

Old 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
TopSecret - what's wrong with Seibon's CF? I'd be interested in hearing about this since I'm contemplating going with the OEM CF hood soon...

Also, to all you people who are saying it would look good color-matched - I DON'T THINK SO! Are all of you the same people that ragged on the guy that had the colormatched GT-R type overlays on his BS coupe? This would look exactly the same... I think they look OK in CF, but for the price they are about as good as a deal as the INGS+1 ducts that are like $500... imo a ripoff...

Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by TOPSECRET2001
There's more info on all the parts here:
http://www.topsecretjpn.com/v35.shtml

They are molded over the edges and to the shape of the lights, I don't think vinyl would hold the shape without ripples or bubbles. (plus you can paint them to match your vehicle if you'de like...another thing you cannot do with vinyl)

Give it a few months until your Seibon carbon turns yellow...

Yeah, what does that mean? Does it mean that your partial to allll TOp Secret products because its how u make your money? and since the seibon is waaay cheaper you have to find things wrong with it?

OR

Does it really turn yellow? haha

Old 04-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Yeah, what does that mean? Does it mean that your partial to allll TOp Secret products because its how u make your money? and since the seibon is waaay cheaper you have to find things wrong with it?

OR

Does it really turn yellow? haha
Of course I'm partial to Top secret products but I don't make money directly off of any parts sales nor am I randomly making comments about Seibon. I said what i did because we've had close to 13 customers in the past 6 months that have told us specifically that they had a Seibon hood, trunk, etc on their vehicle and the carbon turned yellow after a few months. It's most likely an issue with the resin they're using.

Let's stay on topic though.

We have 5 more sets of the tail light covers on order with the main office in Japan. For those of you who have already purchased these, let's see some more pics.

Last edited by TOPSECRET2001; 04-25-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by HomieG35
I'd love to see more pics. I think that these would look nice on my DG coupe! Very interrested. On the TS car it didn't look like there were smaller holes for the individual LED brake lights but since these have openings for those to shine through these are good to go for me. Need to get a few purchases wrapped up and then these will be my next investment...And btw, I've also heard of Seibon hoods turning yellow becayse of the heat from the engine 'baking' the resin they use and turning it a yellow 'burnt' color.
Yeah, our demo vehicles don't have the LED cutouts. (we were in a big rush for TAS05) All of the production ones do.

Heat could be related to the Seibon resin turning yellow, however, their trunks do the same thing and they're not exposed to the heat of the engine bay.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks, nice if you are far away. I hope that's not the price cuz that is ridiculous...$475...ouch! Anyway, it is too thick and does not look clean when up close. Those things are not transparent so light output will be decreased and will look kinda weird if you look at the tail lights from an angle and not from straight behind.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:46 AM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by drewzer
doesn't bluebat offer something similar to this and everyone called it ricey? anyway, im sure Bat could help a lot of you out if you don't want to spend $475, but it is a vinyl overlay, not CF

Bat™

Old 04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
well there is no change in light output...there all the light sources have cutouts...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Top Secret Tail Covers