Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Front Bumber "Coupe"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Bumber "Coupe"

We'll today some *** hit my front bumper while parked and didn't leave a note....Go Figure! Hit it hard enough to crack, and was looking to push it out from the inside but can't reach. Any one know how to remove the bumper?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 07-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/58687-new-pics-wifey-car.html

And now I have a question too...

There is some kind of long aluminum bar behind the bumper.. does anyone know if this can be easily removed... what is it for? Can I drill a few holes in it?

Old 07-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That "aluminum bar" across the whole front-end of you car is in sense, your front bumper. The foam insert and your "bumper" is actually just a facia (cover). It serves you NO protection unless maybe at like walking speed.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
That "aluminum bar" across the whole front-end of you car is in sense, your front bumper. The foam insert and your "bumper" is actually just a facia (cover). It serves you NO protection unless maybe at like walking speed.
Do you think it would be okay to drill a few small holes in it to mount a couple of things ?

Is the bar easily removeable?

Old 07-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't see how a few small holes would hurt anything, but what are you looking to drill on to it? Intercooler? Horns? Lights?

Old 07-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I can't see how a few small holes would hurt anything, but what are you looking to drill on to it? Intercooler? Horns? Lights?
bypass system: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/59183-dual-bypass-systems-pre-oilers-make-your-baby-last-forever.html

Old 07-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Is the actual aluminum bar easily removeable? Is it easy to drill through it?

Old 07-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
although i haven't taken my bumper off nor browse behind the cover, most likely the bar is easily removable. the bar is held by bolts and can be easily replaced if damaged.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why would you want to remove that? Isn't that what protects you and your car in an accident??!

Old 07-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by 2slo2bfurious
Why would you want to remove that? Isn't that what protects you and your car in an accident??!
I'd want to remove it to drill some accurate holes in it (if removal was really neccessary to do that).

Old 07-04-2005, 02:32 AM
The front bumper comes off by easily removing 2 screws on each end of the bumper (right over the corner lights, and by takeing off about 15 bolts underneith the bumper. The metal support should not be removed though, with out it even the smallest front end damage can cause some major damage like a new radiator or what not. I looked into this not to long ago when i intalled my aftermarket bumper because you can see it through the large center opening.

Also on a side note, BYTHABAY, i think that the oil filter/cleaner your talking about is a pretty un-needed mod. I mean it doesnt take much time and money to change your oild every three thousand miles, and even if that thing says you dont have to go untill 40 thousand I wouldnt turst it only because its not worth it. The more you change your engine oil, the stronger your engine will stay, the more Horse Power you will keep or Gain, and the more confident that you feel in your maintenence program and keeping your car in top knotch condition. All in all, not to sound mean, but that mod is just plain lazyness if you ask me.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by G35MR2
The front bumper comes off by easily removing 2 screws on each end of the bumper (right over the corner lights, and by takeing off about 15 bolts underneith the bumper. The metal support should not be removed though, with out it even the smallest front end damage can cause some major damage like a new radiator or what not. I looked into this not to long ago when i intalled my aftermarket bumper because you can see it through the large center opening.

Also on a side note, BYTHABAY, i think that the oil filter/cleaner your talking about is a pretty un-needed mod. I mean it doesnt take much time and money to change your oild every three thousand miles, and even if that thing says you dont have to go untill 40 thousand I wouldnt turst it only because its not worth it. The more you change your engine oil, the stronger your engine will stay, the more Horse Power you will keep or Gain, and the more confident that you feel in your maintenence program and keeping your car in top knotch condition. All in all, not to sound mean, but that mod is just plain lazyness if you ask me.
Wow, you really have no idea what you're talking about

First, I am not planning on removing the metal bar permenently, just long enough to dril a few holes - if it is even neccessary to remove it to do so.

Second, It is not neccessary to change your oil every 3k miles if you use a larger than OE size filter and PAO synthetic oil.

Third, and this is the big one, I'm not going to TRUST anyone except myself. I explicitly state (in any post where I say go beyond the 3750 recommended drain) that extending drains is not to be done without first performing oil analysis every step of the way. The resulting data is a FACT, not an opinion, as to can I trust the oil for xxxx miles.

Finally, the bypass system eliminates moisture, fuel, and very very small particulates from the system (1/10 of a micron). Additionally, the pre-oiler eliminates start-up wear.

Now on the one hand, someone who buys a car, drives it for 10 years putting on say 200k, and then gets rid of it, maybe that person doesn't care too much about that cars end of life performance too much. But now take someone like me, who will be putting on about 50k/year - it is very important to me to keep that engine in like new for several reasons:

1. fuel economy
2. power
3. reliability
4. I plan to give the car to my kids 15 - 20 years from now (because this is how everyone in my family gets their first car).

And one of my biggest gripes against changing oil too frequently, (ie 3000k intervals) is that you are giving your car a completely dry start every time you put on an empty filter. Search online and you will find many studies that show wear actually decreases w/ high quality oil, good filtration, and extended drains.

So to sum it all up - If you plan on keeping your vq35 around for only a few years - then the bypass isn't your you. If you want the best protection you can get, or you want to extend your drains because you put on a LOT of miles yearly, or you plan on keeping the car in your family indefinetly - then the bypass & pre-oiler setup is something I recommend.

Old 07-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey i do know what im Talking about. I wasnt telling you how to remove the aluminum bumper bar but just the bumper its self. Sorry for trying to help.

Second, if in your opinion you think that this pre oil filtration system is the greatest thing then cool, go ahead. I mean every one knows that moisture and cold starts are harsh on the engine, but using a larger filter and synthetic oil will help eliminate that. If you follow Nissan's schedule 2 maintainence program using synthetic oil and draining ever 7500 miles, you should not have any problem keeping your VQ35 for over 200K. I work for Nissan and i see Altimas, Maximas, and Pathfinders with over 150K from people who dont do any thing to their cars untill they have too and they last. Were not driving fords, were driving Nissans here.

Also as a side note, what do you do to drive 50K a year because at that rate when your kids are 18 - 20 you would probably have over 200K in 4 years.

But all in all what ever floats your boat bro.

Last edited by G35MR2; 07-05-2005 at 09:50 PM. Reason: miss spelled some things
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by G35MR2
Hey i do know what im Talking about. I wasnt telling you how to remove the aluminum bumper bar but just the bumper its self. Sorry for trying to help.

Second, if in your opinion you think that this pre oil filtration system is the greatest thing then cool, go ahead. I mean every one knows that moisture and cold starts are harsh on the engine, but using a larger filter and synthetic oil will help eliminate that. If you follow Nissan's schedule 2 maintainence program using synthetic oil and draining ever 7500 miles, you should not have any problem keeping your VQ35 for over 200K. I work for Nissan and i see Altimas, Maximas, and Pathfinders with over 150K from people who dont do any thing to their cars untill they have too and they last. Were not driving fords, were driving Nissans here.

Also as a side note, what do you do to drive 50K a year because at that rate when your kids are 18 - 20 you would probably have over 200K in 4 years.

But all in all what ever floats your boat bro.
Sorry, didn't mean to get you on the offensive

My dad's '00 Toyota sienna van has over 250k miles on it already... this kind of wear on an engine will kill it soon unless special precautions are taken. With high mileage like this you need to take into consideration how the car will perform at high miles since they come so soon (after only 5 year). You need to take into account what kind of fuel economy, reliability, and power you would like to have past the 300k mark. As for driving - I drive all over the country. I like all the national parks and I like to visit cities I've never been to. Also, I would prefer to use my own car if I could prevent the wear that a 5000 mile trip would induce. I can easily see myself gettin 700k or more miles out of the vq35 if I don't abuse it and change the oil every time uoa says I should.. which should be at roughly every 50k miles.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by bythabay
Is the actual aluminum bar easily removeable? Is it easy to drill through it?
Yes, it was quite easy to drill through and i was successfully about to drill & tap some 1/4 28 holes to mount my bypass and pre-oiler assembly

the bumper is very easily removeable (4 bolts) you'll need a 6" extension and to get 'em out and a torque wrench to tighten back to between 21 - 24 ft/lbs