G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Interior & Exterior (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior-21/)
-   -   Reverse Tilt Down Outside Mirrors (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/54272-reverse-tilt-down-outside-mirrors.html)

sillief00l 05-24-2005 09:21 AM

AWESOME
I AM BUYING IT!

Any luck on the key fob with built in remote?

g8tor20 05-24-2005 09:39 AM

Ok..so both mirros turn down...can you control when it goes down and when it doesnt? I can't imagine both looking down and trying to get into traffic. Also..what about the fold-in thing for parking it tight spaces or on the city streets? Since we have to use our stock mirrors...I assume this feature is a no-go?

G35UKY 05-24-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by sillief00l
AWESOME
I AM BUYING IT!

Any luck on the key fob with built in remote?

Yoshi san said that the key with built-in remote is difficult to arrange right now so I'll have to keep checking on that one after a while.

G35UKY 05-24-2005 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ok..so both mirros turn down...can you control when it goes down and when it doesnt? I can't imagine both looking down and trying to get into traffic. Also..what about the fold-in thing for parking it tight spaces or on the city streets? Since we have to use our stock mirrors...I assume this feature is a no-go?

The mirrors will automatically tilt down when you put the vehicle into reverse. I am assumng that this system uses the same sensor attached to the gear shift that operates the reverse lights. We will just have to splice into the outputs to the lights to tell the mirrors to tilt unless the kit comes with a new sensor to make the splicing unnecessary.

For the auto fold-in, I gather that it can be added to the stock mirrors. The JDM version uses the same housings and "brackets" (black portion of the mirrors) so there should be room somehow for this function to be added. From my past experience, I would say that the NTC design engineers only created one mirror housing and "bracket" that can be used for both mirrors with and without the auto fold-in.

I have been trying to get him to send me some pictures of the actual parts that will be in the kit but have not had any luck, and he is reluctant to even respond when I ask him about it. :confused:

Z2G 05-24-2005 02:42 PM

i will definitely be in. but i would prefer for someone to try it out first. please let us know how it turns out.

any news about the two-way alarm?

G35UKY 05-24-2005 05:11 PM

I am working a new angle to see if we can get some these answers. I have asked Spectrum, a member of this forum who has a real 350GT and lives in Japan, to see if he can get us anything to understand all of the parts and functions that I have been asking Yoshi san about. :D

bikesbikes 05-24-2005 10:51 PM

Need it
Need it
Need it
I don't even care about the alarm or the fold-in feature. But if it comes with it... that's gravy

Anyone else from Canada that wants this?

G35UKY 05-25-2005 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by bikesbikes
Need it
Need it
Need it
I don't even care about the alarm or the fold-in feature. But if it comes with it... that's gravy

Anyone else from Canada that wants this?

I am in the same boat as you. I would pay the ~$350 just for the tilt feature alone and the fold-in is a very nice bonus feature. :cool: I don't even care about the alarm since it is in kanji anyway. Plus, to be honest, I probably wouldn't want to carry that huge remote in my pocket or install that big, ugly antenna on my A pillar either. $350 seems pretty cheap to me to keep from curbing a wheel. :D One curbed wheel could cost more than $350 to fix or at least a lot of time and headache to fix yourself! ;)

g8tor20 05-25-2005 09:57 AM

I agree...I just dont know how hard it will be to integrate the electronics into the stock housings...I guess time will tell...

I am most certainly interested if it can be done without a lot of modding.

G35UKY 05-25-2005 02:46 PM

OK, I just got an email from Yoshi san. He said that this is a dealer installed option and is not installed at the factory so the mecahnical parts and harnesses that we will order with the kit will be everything that is required to add to our existing mirrors. The reverse tilt down, fold-in, and two-way alarm are all included, but Yoshi san does not know if the alarm can be installed to the exported cars since no information is available to him.

He is still checking on installation instructions, but if he does not come up with anything. I will buy the kit and figure out how to make it work by purchasing a service manual and repair manual if needed, but I think Yoshi san or even Spectrum should be able to come up with the instructions since it is a dealer installed option.

I still think this is a GREAT mod with the reverse tilt and fold-in without even thinking about the alarm! :D

jimmyshaker 05-25-2005 09:07 PM

It makes me wonder why turn signals on the mirrors don't generate as much interest as the tilt down mirrors.

If you think about it, if a driver is in the next lane from you and he is past your rear lights, he can't see you with your turn signal on, giving him a warning that you may be changing into his lane, since the corner lights don't blink unless you mod it.

Speaking of which, anyone know of JDM turn signal mirrors? Not the ones that simply go over the existing shell, but one that actually replaces the outer shell.

nerdspeed 05-25-2005 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
It makes me wonder why turn signals on the mirrors don't generate as much interest as the tilt down mirrors.

If you think about it, if a driver is in the next lane from you and he is past your rear lights, he can't see you with your turn signal on, giving him a warning that you may be changing into his lane, since the corner lights don't blink unless you mod it.

Speaking of which, anyone know of JDM turn signal mirrors? Not the ones that simply go over the existing shell, but one that actually replaces the outer shell.

i was wondering the same thing, but i think the nissan site said it was for sedan's only. would it still fit on the coupes? anyone know?

Andy77 05-25-2005 09:45 PM

Will this work in the sedans also? I'm sorry if I missed it in a post. If it does work in the sedans, you might post this in that forum too.

Thanks.

G35UKY 05-26-2005 11:18 AM

I just got another email from Yoshi san, and he is working on getting installation instructions and a wiring diagram. I, basically, told him that I would not buy it unless he can provide with this information. ;)

I am pretty sure he will come through.

As far as the mirror signals, I will ask him about it once I get the mirror tilt and fold-in mod settled. I don't want to get too many things going and get him confused. :p

If you want, you can contact him about the turn signal mirrors:
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com

I refer to him as Yoshi san.

peet 05-27-2005 01:47 AM

Unless you're an aircraft carrier like an H2 or expedition, side blinkers are, eh a nicety (even though I agree they make you more visible). The auto drop mirrors, on the other hand, will save you about 2k in wheels when you run yours up and down a curb while parking.

P

G35UKY 05-27-2005 01:25 PM

I gave Yoshi san one week to get the installation instructions and wiring diagram to show how this "parking support system" is installed. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I hear from him.

jimmyshaker 05-28-2005 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by G35UKY
I gave Yoshi san one week to get the installation instructions and wiring diagram to show how this "parking support system" is installed. I'll get back to everyone as soon as I hear from him.

G35UKY,

Thanks for putting the time into getting all of this together!

ChicagoG 05-28-2005 01:19 PM

So where can we get the tliting mirriors installed?

spudly 05-28-2005 02:41 PM

your driveway?

G35UKY 06-08-2005 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoG
So where can we get the tliting mirriors installed?

I am going to install them myself, but I would imagine that the dealer would be happy to rip you off...I mean install them for you if you give them the parts and installation instructions. I am thinking about telling my dealer about them so they can offer it to customers if they will install my for free. Even then, I still might install them myself. I just don't trust the dealer with my car! They don't appreciate it and respect it as much as me. :D

SGT 06-08-2005 02:34 PM

I am going to install them myself, but I would imagine that the dealer would be happy to rip you off...I mean install them for you if you give them the parts and installation instructions. I am thinking about telling my dealer about them so they can offer it to customers if they will install my for free. Even then, I still might install them myself. I just don't trust the dealer with my car! They don't appreciate it and respect it as much as me. :D

When are you actually going to get them?

coupin827 06-08-2005 04:18 PM

Keep us posted on this, can't wait to see the results. If it works I am def. in.

G35UKY 06-12-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by SGT
When are you actually going to get them?

I haven't ordered them yet because Yoshi san is now checking on the part numbers. They were different from what he originally expected so I am waiting for him to resolve this before I order the kit and only get part of it or the total wrong parts all together. :(

Whenever he figures it out, I am defintely going to order and install it myself, though. :D

G35UKY 06-12-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by coupin827
Keep us posted on this, can't wait to see the results. If it works I am def. in.

It'll defintely work! :D It's just a matter of getting all the parts that are needed to make it work.

SGT 06-12-2005 11:19 AM

I haven't ordered them yet because Yoshi san is now checking on the part numbers. They were different from what he originally expected so I am waiting for him to resolve this before I order the kit and only get part of it or the total wrong parts all together. :(

Whenever he figures it out, I am defintely going to order and install it myself, though. :D

Nice, we're all eagerly awaiting it's arrival and installation. If this performs as well as it sounds, I'm definitely going to get it as well.

sillief00l 06-13-2005 11:41 AM

Same here.
I am definately in when the part numbers are solidified.
Please keep us all updated.

KuRuPT 06-13-2005 12:34 PM

How come we don't just do a Group Buy from somewhere. As helpful as Yoshi is I'm sure he isn't the only one who can get these parts for us. Just a thought but if you can get a group buy we should. Thanks for doing all the work bro much appreciated.
Ooo yeah and I'm confused this Alarm it comes with does it override our current alarm or how does this work. Our old one won't work now?

marfong 06-13-2005 06:42 PM

I would love to have this feature installed on my G. I have the tilt-down mirror on our Acura MDX and it's one of the most useful features a vehicle can have. It would be a life-saver for the tires and rims.

grizzly 06-13-2005 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by g8tor20
My '04 X-5 ...you could control whenever it tilted down by having your setter off the left mirror control

oh Schnapp! THAT's how you control it! i always just thought that my 5-series was on the fritz when sometimes the mirror would auto tilt down, while other times it wouldn't!... i take back all those curses i've muttered to the unseen BMW engineers :o

If you want, you can contact him about the turn signal mirrors:
J's Garage Export
Yo****aka Ikeda yosi@j-garage.com

that's hilarious that Yosh!taka's name got censored :p hey, UKY, just wanted to voice my appreciation for all the legwork that you've done :cool:

G35UKY 06-14-2005 03:22 PM

Thanks for the props! It hasn't been too difficult looking into other than having to wait so long for the replies, but I am used to that anyway having worked with Japanese engineers before and other overseas contacts like India and China.

Is there anyway anyone can confirm the part numbers that Yoshi san gave me? I don't know why he can't do this himself. :confused:

He thinks that the part numbers for the parking support system are the following:

For sedan :
B5800-AQ006
B5801-AC500

For coupe :
B5800-CD406
B5801-AC600

If no one knows, I will see if any of my NTCNA contacts from my previous job can help me. :cool:

spectrum 06-18-2005 05:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the link to the parking support system:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...35/sk_049.html

Just send the link the Yoshi-san, I am sure he can read Japanese better than I. From the catalog, the part numbers are 5XES5/6XES5 for the sedan/coupe respectively. That's with the basic alarm, it goes up from there price wise.

Basically, you get a flashing LED, a switch and a sticker... the switch is to disable the auto reverse tilt. Here are some pics. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the parts but it's just a black box unit with some wires.

dennis_said 06-18-2005 11:40 AM

The stickers are VERY JDM ;) I liketh that!!

G35UKY 06-22-2005 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by spectrum
Here's the link to the parking support system:

http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...35/sk_049.html

Just send the link the Yoshi-san, I am sure he can read Japanese better than I. From the catalog, the part numbers are 5XES5/6XES5 for the sedan/coupe respectively. That's with the basic alarm, it goes up from there price wise.

Basically, you get a flashing LED, a switch and a sticker... the switch is to disable the auto reverse tilt. Here are some pics. Sorry I didn't take any pics of the parts but it's just a black box unit with some wires.

Here's what Yoshi san gave me for the part number breakdown:
B5800-CD406/B5800-AQ006 : control unit, detector, LED kit, mirror switch,
sticker.
B5801-AC500/B5801-AC600 : harness

If you notice, this does not include a motor, mounting brackets, harness, etc. for the auto. fold-in feature I think because the JDM cars all come with mirror fold in. However, not all of them have the fold-in feature when the lock button is pressed. I asked Yoshi san about the fold-in motor and any other parts needed to mount and hook it up. Hopefully, that info. will conclude my efforts! :p

sillief00l 06-22-2005 09:13 AM

Great work and persistence.
I am sure everyone monitoring this thread appreciates it.

Please keep us posted!

G35UKY 06-23-2005 09:24 AM

I don't know if I am ever going to post any DIY mods again because I seem to just get flamed for them. I thought these boards were for information about mods. I try to put one out there about converting the stock G tube to a Z tube and catch all kinds of hell for it.

I am through with trying to help. :mad: I don't have patience to help people I don't know that don't know me and want to bomb me for ideas I have.

OUT!

Andy77 06-23-2005 10:39 AM

I'm sorry you feel bad because of the flames of others. Some people like to figure things out for themselves and change things and that is admirable. Spending money is not the only way to enjoy your car. I hope you change your mind and continue to contribute.

Thanks for all the work so far.

csdstudio 06-23-2005 11:18 AM

Do you expect people to move out of your way? How about look over to see if someone is there first :D

KuRuPT 06-23-2005 12:36 PM

Keep me posted UKY I'm very interested in this

SGT 06-23-2005 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by KuRuPT
Keep me posted UKY I'm very interested in this

Me too, G35UKY, you're doing a great job and it seems like you're so close to making this happen. Don't give up!

weaksauce 06-23-2005 12:45 PM

someone already posted this problem, but i was wondering if anyone thought of the solution?

since this is a jdm part, the left mirror will be the one that tilts down, which is the passenger side in japan. in the us, the left mirror is the driver's side. if the left window is the only one that tilts, it wont be of much use...

g35wannabe 06-23-2005 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by weaksauce
someone already posted this problem, but i was wondering if anyone thought of the solution?

since this is a jdm part, the left mirror will be the one that tilts down, which is the passenger side in japan. in the us, the left mirror is the driver's side. if the left window is the only one that tilts, it wont be of much use...

Good question but if you look at the pics on the top of page 2 of the thread it looks like the right side mirror is the one that tilts down which would be the correct side we need.

dennis_said 06-24-2005 03:03 AM

Where can we get those JDM ALARM STICKERS?

spectrum 06-24-2005 09:20 AM

BOTH left and right mirrors tilt down.

G35UKY, good luck!

Originally Posted by weaksauce

KuRuPT 06-24-2005 12:58 PM

UK don't let the flames of some detour you my friend as you should be stronger then that. Are you going to let the comments of various people around the U.S. stop you from helping others, and contributing to the site? IMO that isn't a very good reason my friend. I think your doing a great job on these mirrors and others have made similar comments as well so I hope you see this through. Have a good day

Goku35 06-24-2005 02:11 PM

G35UKY don't let what others say bring you down! Keep the faith! we all have faith in you!

G35UKY 06-24-2005 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Goku35
G35UKY don't let what others say bring you down! Keep the faith! we all have faith in you!

I will keep going. I just don't understand why people commit on stuff if they don't have any useful to contribute besides, "If you can afford a $40K car, you can afford an $80 [part]." The only responses should be "tell me how you did it" or "how much different did it sound?" Responses like the ones I got are the reason I don't like to post or reply to much. It's not worth it most times with the exception of this thread.

Everyone, please remember what your mother's taught you: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Very good rules to live by for forums IMHO.

Now, on to the latest, I am having trouble trying to get Yoshi san to look up the parts needed to add the fold-in mirror feature to the US car. The fold-in feature is standard on all JDM models, and the parking support system adds the fucntion that folds them in automatically when the lock button is depressed. He did give me the price for entire outside mirror assembly, though, $280.50 X2, OUCH!

hayaku 06-24-2005 04:45 PM

First of all G35UKY, I too applaude your hard work here. Anyway, am I correct in that the $280 is per mirror and includes only the tilt down feature? If we only wanted the right side mirror to tilt can we just install that one for $280? Do we have to get both? $280 is pretty steep just to have that option though....

G35UKY 06-24-2005 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by hayaku
First of all G35UKY, I too applaude your hard work here. Anyway, am I correct in that the $280 is per mirror and includes only the tilt down feature? If we only wanted the right side mirror to tilt can we just install that one for $280? Do we have to get both? $280 is pretty steep just to have that option though....

The $280.50 is for one complete outside mirror and does not include the control box, harness, and switch needed for the tilt down. If you only care about the tilt down, it will cost $356.21 plus shipping as I posted before. I am trying get both the tilt down and auto fold-in features and am trying to nail down the parts needed to add the fold-in feature to our mirrors.

escobar929 06-24-2005 05:13 PM

i'm down for a group buy

KuRuPT 06-24-2005 06:18 PM

Thanks for the hard work UK and I am also down for this when we get all the info. Thanks again man