Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Debadging experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use fishing line and a blow drier and some polish compound to get the scrathest out worked for my boys altima

Old 08-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yo

i did my debadging 2 days after getting my black G, was no problem. Ive done 3 cars myself now, 2 of them black... so im thinking i have pro status now...

for anyone debadging their G, especially black this is what works:

1) do it ASAP.. longer you wait the better the sticky tape seeps into the paint and will leave trails it seems

2) use hair dryer, dont heat too much, if you want to be completely safe use dental floss (i use fishing line) on cold letters, they will rip off anyway, but you want to not overuse the heat, it will make it easier to damage the paint and perhaps rub it off

3) get letters off, use your fingers to rip off as much of the left over tape stuff (it'll make it easier)

4) use scratch remover (i used maguairs or that TV commercial stuff, its all the same, u can even get a "rubbing compound", they are all the same)

5) use a bit to keep it wet and rub it down in all directions, try to stay on the glue as much as possible and don't, DONT rub the **** out of it...

6) DO NOT USE FINGERNAILS and make sure to use fresh cloth every once in a bit (to make sure you're not rubbing all that glue you just took off into the car again, or dirt particles, they will scratch it).. and as for cloth anything works, i use just terry shop towels and obviously the softer the better

7) once all the crap is gone just use that same scratch remover to buff out the swirls if there are any, be gentle, circular motions, can go a bit hard now.. it'll buff out nice and smooth

mine looks perfect, no swirls or anything, at any angle or at any light... now if i get it detailed on that spot with new wax it'll just be 110% perfect =P