Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Whole Windshield Tinted 30%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so, dont do it yourself and leave it at that.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
i got 50% on my front windsheild and its awesome, keeps heat out and keeps the bright lights easy at night on the highways. love it.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:29 PM
I Agree. You Are ***king Retards. You Must Be In High School To Think That Reducing Light Transmission At Night Is Wise, Or Even "cool". Grow Up, Realize That Laws Are Made For A Reason , And Stay Away From My Neighborhood At Night. I Dont Want To Have To Tell You " I Told You So" When There Is A Tragedy On Your Bumper! Its Reckless Endangerment In My Opinion. Trust Me, Im Not Worried About You Einstein, Its Not Just Your Life You Risk, Its Others You Might Hurt That Upsets Me.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by HOO-MAN?
I Agree. You Are ***king Retards. You Must Be In High School To Think That Reducing Light Transmission At Night Is Wise, Or Even "cool". Grow Up, Realize That Laws Are Made For A Reason , And Stay Away From My Neighborhood At Night. I Dont Want To Have To Tell You " I Told You So" When There Is A Tragedy On Your Bumper! Its Reckless Endangerment In My Opinion. Trust Me, Im Not Worried About You Einstein, Its Not Just Your Life You Risk, Its Others You Might Hurt That Upsets Me.
1. Learn to type like this. 2. Your a hypocrite for saying laws are made for a reason yet you have 20% tint all around, legal is 35% I believe. 3. Shut up

Old 07-11-2005, 01:37 AM
HOOMAN - Let me ask you a question then since you are the wisest of all the G35 owners. You blame me and others for being "retards" because we choose to tint our windshields. I can see your point about it reducing available sight, and risking others. But what happens when you make a right turn, and maybe hit someone crossing the road? By tinting your side windows an ILLEGAL 20 %, you have NOW endangered every possible pedestrian crossing the road when you make a turn! Now, what right do you have to sit there and blame us for being stupid, when you yourself are guilty of the same actions....

People have every right to there opinion, whether its agreeing or disagreeing with the tinting above. I only have a problem when a: You start acting like a moron with name calling, etc, and b: when you are so ignorant that you blame us for reckless endangerment, YET you ILLEGALLY TINT "5" WINDOWS SURROUNDING YOUR CAR! I know you are not that stupid to argue with me that a 30 % windshield tint is MORE dangerous than 20 % limo tint on ALL surrounding windows? Please, save your breath....

Nick

Old 07-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TampaG35
HOOMAN - Let me ask you a question then since you are the wisest of all the G35 owners. You blame me and others for being "retards" because we choose to tint our windshields. I can see your point about it reducing available sight, and risking others. But what happens when you make a right turn, and maybe hit someone crossing the road? By tinting your side windows an ILLEGAL 20 %, you have NOW endangered every possible pedestrian crossing the road when you make a turn! Now, what right do you have to sit there and blame us for being stupid, when you yourself are guilty of the same actions....

People have every right to there opinion, whether its agreeing or disagreeing with the tinting above. I only have a problem when a: You start acting like a moron with name calling, etc, and b: when you are so ignorant that you blame us for reckless endangerment, YET you ILLEGALLY TINT "5" WINDOWS SURROUNDING YOUR CAR! I know you are not that stupid to argue with me that a 30 % windshield tint is MORE dangerous than 20 % limo tint on ALL surrounding windows? Please, save your breath....

Nick
This man speaks the truth and I agree

Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned
That Shiet Is Hard

Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't do it regardless of how much heat it keeps out. Night time driving is hard enough already with having to drive with essentially sunglasses on. This mod along with tinting your rear tail lights are just asking for a lawsuit. Say for instance you are unlucky enough to be involved in an accident. It could be successfully argued that the window tinting obscured your sight to the point where you would be at partially fault.

Last edited by shodog; 07-12-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:23 AM
hey i just had this mod done on my car also. i love it and i also agree it is the best thing i have done to my car. i had a question. i want to get a valentine one radar detector and install it next to my rear view mirror. i really dont care about the radar behind me, just in front. because of my tint i just put, will it mess up the radar detector??

Old 07-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Here's what 50% VLT film looks like on the windshield from the inside. These were taken at about 6am, so the sky's still a little dim.

Attached Thumbnails The Whole Windshield Tinted 30%-117-1768_img.jpg   The Whole Windshield Tinted 30%-117-1769_img.jpg  
Old 07-13-2005, 06:25 AM
What is it with people on this forum insulting each other, and getting on thier respective soap boxes to slam one another? Isnt the whole idea of spending money and customizing your car your way your business? So what if I paint my car booger green with brown slimy spots? Is it not my car and my $? Dont like it? Tuff! I dont remember asking you, nor do I remember your check showing up in the mail to pay for it! If its not your thing fine, but dont slam people for doing what they want to their own car! I am really starting to wonder if I even want a G anymore after spending enough time on this forum, and seeing some of the owners who think that $ makes them all high and mighty. If your not A) My partents B) My Boss or C)My spouse, then you have no right to tell me what to do. I welcome all opnions, but not when they start with a degrading comment. Done.

Old 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KFXSinner
What is it with people on this forum insulting each other, and getting on thier respective soap boxes to slam one another? Isnt the whole idea of spending money and customizing your car your way your business? So what if I paint my car booger green with brown slimy spots? Is it not my car and my $? Dont like it? Tuff! I dont remember asking you, nor do I remember your check showing up in the mail to pay for it! If its not your thing fine, but dont slam people for doing what they want to their own car! I am really starting to wonder if I even want a G anymore after spending enough time on this forum, and seeing some of the owners who think that $ makes them all high and mighty. If your not A) My partents B) My Boss or C)My spouse, then you have no right to tell me what to do. I welcome all opnions, but not when they start with a degrading comment. Done.
I agree with you, if it's your money, do what you like. Want to put a Brahma bull sticker on your car and hang dingle berries from the headline, go right ahead. If you post on a message board looking for compliments, you have to be willing to face the criticisms also.

The fact remains is that if you put tint on your windshield that only lets 50% of the visible light in, you just cut your vision in half? How can you not see that as dangerously foolish? Get pulled over or accident and the cop see’s you have tint, you can bet your going to get a ticket or maybe even worse, I am sure he could find some law that would enable him to impound your car until the tint was removed.

It’s one thing to criticize about a set of chrome wheels or a drop that’s too low, but when a mod puts the occupants of your car or others on the road at potential risk, that’s worth commenting on.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:46 PM
City that Never Sleeps
Thumbs up

To each is own. Don't knock another person for there mods on there vechicle and kiss the laws aZZ if your goner drop,lower,exhaust or any mod besides factory because your just eating your own words. Thanx for the postive feed back on the members that did...

Last edited by SweetNlow; 07-13-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by g356spd06
hey i just had this mod done on my car also. i love it and i also agree it is the best thing i have done to my car. i had a question. i want to get a valentine one radar detector and install it next to my rear view mirror. i really dont care about the radar behind me, just in front. because of my tint i just put, will it mess up the radar detector??will it lower the strent of the radar detector or will it still work as good?

bump

Old 07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
It’s one thing to criticize about a set of chrome wheels or a drop that’s too low, but when a mod puts the occupants of your car or others on the road at potential risk, that’s worth commenting on
True, anyone looking for compliments is open to be crititzed, even ridiculed, but not insulted, thats a bit much. I agree as well that tinting a windshiels seems a bit much, but to each his own. Thats between them, their wallet, and the cop that stops them. We are our own peers, and we share a common bond in these cars, but there has to be a point thats not crossed, and some people dont seem to get that. Make your point without being abbrasive or insultive or rude, and it may be taken more seriously, but thats for that persoon to decide. Have you ever done anything your parents told you not to do? Even something dangerous and/or stupid? I know I have. Nuff said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Whole Windshield Tinted 30%