Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

anyone here have an ings+1 replica?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone here have an ings+1 replica?

planning on purchasing the replica, was wondering if any of you have it installed. I'm really curious as how the quality and fitment is on em... if so where did you purchase it from? Not sure who has the best replicas.

I heard the urethane replica is more expensive and better quality than the cheaper one.... not sure what the cheaper one is made out of? Fiberglass? From what I hear, I thought fiberglass is suppose to be higher quality than polyuerathane? kinda confused...

Old 07-14-2005, 09:37 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raysur350gt used to have one. If you buy a replica its probably going to be crap and you will have to mold it.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by truplay8
raysur350gt used to have one. If you buy a replica its probably going to be crap and you will have to mold it.

yeah, RaySur350GT had it, and his bolted right on with no fitment problems at all. No modifications or fitment problems.

FYI, the word "mold" in referance to bodykits is slang, meaning to "mold on" to make it smooth with the body of the car and make it one piece.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a replica and it could not just bolt up so I molded it. I spent the same amount to have the whole front bumper painted/molded/installed with the front lip than if I were to purchase the real front lip and have that painted.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by GoSooners
I have a replica and it could not just bolt up so I molded it. I spent the same amount to have the whole front bumper painted/molded/installed with the front lip than if I were to purchase the real front lip and have that painted.

Wow, that sucks! I think your bodyshop ripped you off!!! Charging you over $1,000 just for paint/mold/install is a total rip off!

Old 07-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Wow, that sucks! I think your bodyshop ripped you off!!! Charging you over $1,000 just for paint/mold/install is a total rip off!
Haha, I guess I paid less than if I were to get a real lip and have it painted. I paid $400 total for prep/mold/paint/install.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by Silverbolt
Do you work in the autobody bis? Do you know how much paint costs for a kit? Do you know how much paint it takes? 65.00 is labor rate for most autobody shops. How long do you think it takes to just prep a kit? Just the kit? Then if your going to do it right you have to prime and seal it? Oh and lets not forget about blending the color. It takes a lot of time to mold a kit on a car. I think he got a good deal. :

Last edited by G352NV; 07-23-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Do you work in the autobody bis? Do you know how much paint costs for a kit? Do you know how much paint it takes? 65.00 is labor rate for most autobody shops. How long do you think it takes to just prep a kit? Just the kit? Then if your going to do it right you have to prime and seal it? Oh and lets not forget about blending the color. It takes a lot of time to mold a kit on a car. I think he got a good deal. :
Yes, I used to work in the autobody bis. Over a grand to mold a lip and paint is a rip off. He spent $400, that sounds alot more reasonalbe. Keep in mind, he did say it was JUST molding the front lip, and not molding on the entire bodykit. If he was molding on his entire bodykit onto the car, $1000 would be a great deal!

Old 07-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Never enough
Ok guy whatever you say. Paint alone is about 300.00 now lets talk prep on a glass kit thats not perfect cause its a knock off. How long do you think it would take to prep this kit? Remember 65.00 labor rate? Thats why these forums can get to me sometimes. Everyone knows EVERYTHING! You always come off like you know whats up so break it down for me. How would you prep this kit? And how would you mold it to the ABS front bumper?

Old 07-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Ok guy whatever you say. Paint alone is about 300.00 now lets talk prep on a glass kit thats not perfect cause its a knock off. How long do you think it would take to prep this kit? Remember 65.00 labor rate? Thats why these forums can get to me sometimes. Everyone knows EVERYTHING! You always come off like you know whats up so break it down for me. How would you prep this kit? And how would you mold it to the ABS front bumper?
Where do you live? The reason why I ask is prices vary from place to place. Southern California is the largest "import scene" in the US and would only be rivaled by NY or maybe Hawaii. Because of the large scene, there are alot of bodyshops that try to milk this cash cow. Since there are so many shops, the compitition between all them have dropped thier average prices to rock bottom. From this, I have an idea of how low a bodyshop can charge for doing work. Charging over $1,000 to mold a front lip on to a front bumper and paint it is ridiculous. But hey, if you're saying I dont know anything, or what I'm talking about, thats fine. I guess I'm lying, and GoSooner is lying about how he payed $400 to have his front lip prepped/molded/painted

Old 07-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Never enough
Im not far from you, Sacramento. Im talking about a full kit with only the lip molded not just the lip.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Im not far from you, Sacramento. Im talking about a full kit with only the lip molded not just the lip.
Yeah, thats what I thought... You kind of jumped in the middle of things and just misunderstood. He and I were talking about just the front lip.

Old 07-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Never enough
NVC asked about the kit not the lip. Gosooners replied and when he did I thought he ment that he had the kit but fitment was bad on the front lip.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I just bought the front lip replica. I also got a great deal from the shop because of a friend who gets everything done there and so I got a great discount. Now, he had to do a lot of work though. Upon first inspection, he ran his fingers along the lip and then took out his pocket knife and started poking in certain places...creating holes. It was a shock for me but he said he had to get rid of the bubbles, otherwise, after painting, these bubbles could show up over time. This guy really knows what he's doing. And to mold fiberglass onto urethane...I heard that was pretty tough as well. So far, I haven't had any cracks or anything. And when I compared prices, I assumed $600 for a REAL lip plus about $200 for a paint job and I would install it myself. Turns out it was slightly less because I got a "good" deal on the lip, "good" as in yeah, I paid for what I got.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:51 AM
i do and it's molded...front and back... and it did not cost $1000.00...

have some new items coming up!!!

Attached Thumbnails anyone here have an ings+1 replica?-sm2.jpg   anyone here have an ings+1 replica?-sm3.jpg   anyone here have an ings+1 replica?-sm.jpg   anyone here have an ings+1 replica?-sm6.jpg   anyone here have an ings+1 replica?-sm4.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone here have an ings+1 replica?