Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Wing or no Wing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wing or no Wing?

G35Ctrl,
You are correct, magnets don't stick to AL and I just tried and it stuck, now I am happy that they did my wing at the factory, just hope it doesn't rust.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Merlin.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered from SpoilerDepot.com before. I'll have to say that their spoilers look just as good as OEM. However, they're not perfect. I'd rate them at around 8.5 from a scale of 1 to 10. You'll notice some slight imperfections if you take a good look, but what can you expect from a spoiler 1/3 the price of OEM. Nevertheless, the imperfections are small and livable. The paint matches very good, however, I'd recommend waxing them cause I don't think the paint/clear coat is very thick. Packaging is very good. The spoiler came securely suspended in foam within a large cardboard box. All in all, a great product for the price.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:41 AM

My dealership told me they install pretty much all of the spoilers; rather than the cars coming that way from the factory. Who knows though, it was a salesman that told me that :P If you get your spoiler installed at the dealership, they should put a little cover over the rear window light, so you only see the spoiler one. (Makes it look more like the spoiler was part of the original design)

Old 12-13-2002, 05:34 PM

Why does it make a difference if the factory installs it? Wouldn't they be drilling holes in the trunk regardless?

Old 12-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have not taken the wing off on the "G" to verify, but in the past, cars from Japan that have a factory wing had holes drilled but they were done before painting etc. So there was less likelyhood of rusting and since a machine usually does the drilling the alignment is also usually dead on.

Merlin.

Old 12-15-2002, 02:31 AM

That's funny- I see way more with a spoiler. I really wanted a spoiler, but ended up not getting it just cause I wanted other stuff more- and I actually haven't regretted not getting it at all. It's not even like I think the spoiler looks bad... it's just that it looks good either way, so why go for the extra cost. I guess the spoiler looks a tiny bit awkward to me because the rear window slopes so seamlessly into the trunk that you almost have this hatchback effect, where, from the side, there's no visually fitting place for the spoiler to sit.... becasue of the slant. I dunno... just my opinion. It'll look awesome no matter what