Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Xpel Designed 3m Film Kits for Your Cars!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xpel Designed 3m Film Kits for Your Cars!

I'm offering a 5 person group buy for Xpel Designed 3m Film kits for the G35 Coupe and Sedan. The templates are out for both cars however the coupes templates are not online yet. We have the templates here on our server.
The kit I'm offering includes the hood, fenders, headlights, bumper, and side mirrors.

I'm offering this price to the first 5+ people.

$350 shipped for the complete kit.

Email me Matt@XXTuning.com for more info or to place an order.

Start The list here:

Matt@XXTuning.com
www.XXTuning.com
Email me for quotes on Any Part, Any Car!

13210-MVC-027F.JPG

Old 12-21-2002, 07:35 PM
Re: Xpel Designed 3m Film Kits for Your Cars!

A word of caution about Xpel kits, their coverage is not as complete as Invinca-shield kits. Compare the Xpel coverage to Invinca-shield and you'll find that the Xpel doesn't cover as much of the hood, and doesn't cover the front bumper all the way out to the wheels, or the front fenders hardly at all.

Here's a picture of the Invinca-shield coverage for the G35 Coupe:

13212-Kit_2022.jpg

Old 12-21-2002, 07:37 PM

Now compare that to the following pictures of the G35 Sedan coverage (although the bumper design is slightly different, the coverage differences are obvious)

13213-p1513b.gif

Old 12-21-2002, 07:38 PM

This is the hood / fender coverage

13214-p1513.gif

Old 12-21-2002, 07:52 PM

Since ALL of these kits use the same 3M ScotchCal (R) material, the difference comes down to pattern design, price and coverage. (As well as the quality of your installer)

In this instance, the Xpel kit is $350, and the Invinca-shield kit off their website is $405, although you can generally get it for 5% less than their web price if you go to the right sources. Even assuming a $50 difference in price, the question becomes how much coverage do you want to have?

One one of my other cars I have an Invinca-shield kit and a friend of mine with a nearly identical car has an X-pel kit. He has taken several rock chips outside the area of coverage of his Xpel kit that are covered by my Invinca-shield kit. In fact I have but ONE hit outside the coverage area of my Invinca-shield kit. In my OPINION, the additional coverage of the Invinca-shield kit is worth the extra $50. You can also see from the Invinca-shield part sheet that they offer additional pieces to cover all sorts of other areas of the car, that is one of the strengths of the Invinca-shield designed kits, flexibility to cover as much or as little of your car as you want to. XPel is not as flexible with their designs. (Although more flexible than Stongard in many instances).

XPel does have one other advantage over Invinca-shield, and that is their smaller single piece design is "somewhat" easier to install. I say "somewhat" because it is harder to get a single piece to lay down properly across large amounts of surface area, but it takes a really good installer to match up the Invinca-shield pieces and get really nice unnoticeable seams where pieces come together.

If you'd like a good instructional step by step photo set of how this product is installed, please visit the PICTORIALS section of my Boxster website: http://www.smiley.net/boxster/ for photos and detailed installs on my car and other cars.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that you have options, XPel, Invinca-shield, and Stongard to name a few, although the Stongard site shows only a kit for the G35 Sedan and it is $450 and will be the most difficult to install as it tries to do the coverage area of the Invinca-shield kit combined with the single piece front bumper of the Xpel kit. I have seen several botched Stongard installs because their pieces are just so hard to install and make lay properly on the car without relief cuts or seams.

It pays to do your homework, and you should check out cars that have been done with each kit in question and by different installers before making a decision.

If you are interested in the Invinca-shield kit, you can call Alan Seligman at 407-927-1900 and tell him I sent you and ask for the 5% discount on the Deluxe kit (makes it $380 I think). If you need an installer, I HIGHLY recommend Alan as he has won several national and international awards for his installations and is highly sought after. It is not uncommon for Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo owners to fly Alan to Europe just to do the install on their cars. You can negotiate install fees and travel expenses with Alan, or put together an install party in your area as I have done for fellow owners in my area whenever he comes to town.

Best of Luck!

Old 12-21-2002, 10:02 PM

How much does an install on something like that run?

Hyper "The One, The Only, The Original. Unchanged Since 1979."

Old 12-22-2002, 04:39 PM

I think Alan charges between $150 and $200 for a Deluxe kit install, but you'd have to call him and ask him yourself to be sure. 407-927-1900.

Old 12-24-2002, 04:36 PM

Im really thinking about getting one of these kits.. id cry if i had a chip on my paint...
Does anyone konw of a good installer in Southern california?

<font color=green> . . : : pestilence : : . .
2003.5 Infiniti G35 Sedan .... sports/sunroof </font color=green>

Old 01-02-2003, 09:36 PM

I know a place in the Atlanta area that can install the G35 Sedan full kit for $175.00. He was recommended by 3M for my area. Why is this guy charging $350.00 for just the kit not including installation?