Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 04:56 PM
I have the exact same bulbs in my clearence lights and side markers. I love them.

Old 08-12-2005 | 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Was lookin to get the PIAA TERA LEDs...however couldnt justify $55 and knew something else which did the job was out there....SOOO I ordered 4 of these '5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs' from autolumination.com in the 'white' color. Received order about 4 days later (shipped from AZ to VA). Installed and am still surprised at how bright they are and good they look. Used to have PIAA extreme whites all around...but they turned yellow and one in my clearance light burnt out. Replaced and highly recommend these bulbs...below are some pics for ya'll!!!

I will NEVER use PIAA extreme white bulbs again after using these LEDs!!! They cost about $7 each?? Total for 4 shipped was about $30!! And LEDs are suppoz to last much longer than bulbs too!!

here's the link i ordered from...first bulbs down...

http://autolumination.com/194.htm
These bulbs are NOT as bright as stock halogen based bulbs. They are about 70% of the output. I was lazy and tried this "plug and play" solution and should of expected this. Ehhh....back to the drawing board for some custom LED based clear corners.

Old 08-12-2005 | 08:23 AM
|
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
These bulbs are NOT as bright as stock halogen based bulbs. They are about 70% of the output. I was lazy and tried this "plug and play" solution and should of expected this. Ehhh....back to the drawing board for some custom LED based clear corners.
Im not sure if I understand what your trying to say ....but they are just as bright as the the PIAA extreme whites I had and look 100x better than the 'yellow' stock colored clearance light. I never recall being able to completely fill the strip w/ the stock bulbs in that strip.

NO they are not 'miracle' lights and will not give you the same look as a $500 custom LED clearance strip. These are $7 bulbs, not $7 miracle lights....

Old 08-12-2005 | 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
Im not sure if I understand what your trying to say ....but they are just as bright as the the PIAA extreme whites I had and look 100x better than the 'yellow' stock colored clearance light. I never recall being able to completely fill the strip w/ the stock bulbs in that strip.

NO they are not 'miracle' lights and will not give you the same look as a $500 custom LED clearance strip. These are $7 bulbs, not $7 miracle lights....
I didn't use them in the clearance strip. I only replaced the side marker lights. In terms of actual output they do not compare to regular halogen bulbs. Even though there is a claimed 270 degree coverage it is still very directional. So overall light output is reduced compared to stock bulbs. I am just giving my honest opinion.

Old 08-12-2005 | 04:19 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Wow I've got to say I'm very impressed! I thought these wouldn't turn out too well since there was no ballast and power had to be maintained to 5 LEDs, but clearly I was wrong on that. Unfortunately, I was one of the suckers who threw down $55 each for the PIAA Tera kits and your LEDs in the pics almost loook better. The PIAA's (due to there slightly higher kelvin rating) appear more blue than stock when you see them in person.

Here's my Tera's, almost no difference except for the price =0(

Attached Thumbnails 5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs-g35-tera.jpg   5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs-fog.jpg  
Old 08-12-2005 | 04:35 PM
|
hmm, those are the TERAs?? the pics livyathanzero or watever had posted seemed alot brighter!! Maybe its the difference in cameras!! I will try to post pics on the 'color match' as compared to the headlights for those who inquired. I guess i'd be pretty dissappointed to have paid $55 for similar light output....

Old 08-12-2005 | 10:21 PM
what are these piaa teras you guys are speaking of? are they better than the piaa super extreme white/white LED bulbs? cause thats what i currently have now, and they are hardly bright at all...

Old 08-13-2005 | 12:45 AM
i got piaa extreme white in mine about 4-5 months..first when i install them they look good heres the pic,but now i dont think they r that bright right now

Attached Thumbnails 5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs-picture-005.jpg   5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs-picture-006.jpg   5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs-picture-004.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005 | 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by nyckid
what are these piaa teras you guys are speaking of? are they better than the piaa super extreme white/white LED bulbs? cause thats what i currently have now, and they are hardly bright at all...
I like to refer to the Tera's as HID LEDs mainly because it rhymes and I'm easily amused, but there is some truth to the statement. Essentially its an LED wedge bulb that utilizes an individual ballast spliced into the positive connection. The end result is a discharge thats pretty bright, PIAA claims its 12 times brighter than the original LED. So to answer you're question, yes they are much brighter than the extreme white series but as this thread shows, there is a very comparable alternative. The Tera's are not sold here in the U.S. and thus far the only vendor I know of is a guy out of Hong Kong that sells them on Ebay. The cost is $55 a pair plus an extra 10 for shipping.

Old 08-15-2005 | 08:57 AM
Just Installed PIAA TERA LED's

From what I had read before on this forum, I had thought for sure that the TERA LED's were the way to go. After installing them ... I have my doubts. They seem to be very blue to me and do not match the stock headlights at all. Looks like the 5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs will be an easier fix while giving similar results as the PIAA TERA LED's.

BTW, if you do install the PIAA TERA LED's I would suggest getting some push-on, crimp/solder, fully insulated heat shrink connectors (this would make for a much cleaner, tighter, and waterproof connection). The included connectors from PIAA are pretty cheap.

Old 08-15-2005 | 02:29 PM
I might try these out.

I love the looks of my PIAA Xtreme White wedges, but they aren't all THAT bright (maybe I should have got LED?) but the main reason I am thinking about ditching them is because they are a bit of a hint of blue, and I don't want any trouble with the cops.

Old 08-15-2005 | 02:58 PM
do you think these led's would be a good match with some 6000k hid bulbs?

Old 08-15-2005 | 03:09 PM
does anyone if these LED match 8000k HIDs?

Old 08-15-2005 | 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by cutiewolf
does anyone if these LED match 8000k HIDs?
No, to answer both you're questions cutiewolf and sin4me, these would not match eithier of those kelvin ratings. The stock rating on our headlights is about 4,350K if I remember correctly. The 5 LED matrix bulbs in the picture appear to be closer to that mark where as the PIAA Tera's are a little bluer at 4,500k. Sin, you're going to be looking for more of a blue colored bulb to match that output where as your cutie will be trying to get something in more of a purple color.

Last edited by BirdMan; 08-15-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2005 | 09:25 PM
thats kinda what i thought, but figured i'd ask anyways. once i get 'em in i'll see how much of a difference there is between the 6000k hid and the piaa extreme whites i have in now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5 LED Wedge Matrix Bulbs