Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ing+1 Full Replica kit ***Test Fit Pics*****

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nyckid
well at least shop around, if all else fails, come back to that shop, i think $1400 for all that is a lil too expensive.. i would think $500 - $1000 is more reasonable... did they see the kit? what did they say about it? did they tell y ou it will need a lot of prepping, etc.?
yeah I dropped the kit off yesterday so they can start preping it I'm dropping the car off next tuesday for the fitment and painting, they didnt say anything about how much prep work will be need, they're 2 spots on the rear bumper that had minor cracks nothing serious

Old 08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
$500? that's a little low for what he is having done.

I think closer to 1k is about right like G352NV said originally.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nismo good luck on it, please post pictures of the progress, would love to see em!

robbdogg true, i forgot that he was getting more than just a kit installed, heh... so about $1000 should be reasonable...

Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
here's my ings replica (urethane) kit....well, front lip and sides.

hehe....sorry about the last pic. i told da b*tch to move...get out mah way... but yeah, i wish i didn't buy a replica. paid 800 for the side and front. and then spent another 850 to prime and spray. I helped by sanding the urethane down w/ 150grit to make the primer stick. the guy did a good job at spraying...its just the kit sucked @ss!! oh wellz.

i'll try to get bigger pics later. these were from my friends cam, resized.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
THE BATMOBILE
i like your style...........that is SLAMMED!!

Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 PM
daym that **** is low

Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 AM
got anymore pics of that white G with the gold WORKs?

Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 AM
Never enough
Originally Posted by nismoGcoupe
my body shop just told me I will be looking at between $1400 - $2400 is this too much?

heres a list of thing geting painted

front bumper repainted (removing & reinstalling)
new rear factory bumper installing & painting
front lip, rear half bumper & side skirts (preping, fitting & painting kit)
driver side mirror

he said the price really depends on how much work he has to put in to get it to fit perfect..... as you can see in the pics the fit is almost perfect but they're some minor gaps that need to be take care of
250-300 front bumper, 250 -300 rear bumper, fitment of kit and paint 700. =1300.00 max.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 AM
G SQUAD
I got the Authentic JDM Top Secret bumper... and decided to get the ING+1 Polyurethane Replica Sides since there was a wait for it (the real one cost more too, duh?!). I rolled the dice...

Overall, the fitment (meaning the length and shape) is great. However, there are gaps that I just couldn't live with near the rear.

So Ducatiguy and myself spent the last 6 hours prepping JUST THE SIDES to make sure there are NO gaps!!! Took quite a bit of time since it's urethane... made me wish I would've gotten the Fiberglass if I had known there was this much prep work involved.

I figured since they were so confident in the fitment, that I'd test fit it, surface prep and make minor adjustments before sending it off to the bodyshop...

I was sort of dissappointed in the fitment since 350zforums said the urethane sides would fit 101%... at least fiberglass, I can relay some fiberglass/bondo if there are gaps/issues... Oh well... lesson learned, and I had fun working on my car. The bumper and sides are now off to the bodyshop to prime/paint...

nismoGcoupe: G352NV is correct... you're getting raped by your bodyshop. The prices he quoted should be around the ballpark of where you should pay. The quote he gave you is WAAAAY too high... If your fitment issues are anything like what I experienced with the sides... expect to shell out extra $$ for labor to prep/fit.

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 09-01-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:10 AM
beangrower whats wrong with your replica? looks fine to me, and babiephat, you also got the ings+1 poly replica? please post pics of when its done... im about to get mine painted n install once i get my order shipped, which should be any day now... i got the fiberglass one though... did you notice lots of problems with the poly one or just minor probs that can be easily fixed?

do you need to leave your car at the shop when you drop off the kit, or can i simply just drop off the kit and take the car back after they're finishing prepping it and painting it? I want to avoid long downtimes because this is the only car i have for work.

beangrower how much did it cost for you to get the kit prepped, installed, painted? was there much prep work involve? it looks great to me man... do you have any more pics of your car, would like to see a complete side shot to see how it looks with the oem rear... your car looks awesome, are those 20's? and what kind of suspension setup do you have?

oh btw beangrower, do you happen to have any pics of that black g35 in the snapshot next to the white one, i notice he has the ings+1 kit too...

Last edited by nyckid; 09-01-2005 at 03:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:44 AM
^That's a grip of questions. But I want answers to all of them to because I want to get the Ings poly kit, but I don't want to spend that much money prepping it if it sucks.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Babiephat
I was sort of dissappointed in the fitment since 350zforums said the urethane sides would fit 101%... at least fiberglass, I can relay some fiberglass/bondo if there are gaps/issues... Oh well... lesson learned, and I had fun working on my car. The bumper and sides are now off to the bodyshop to prime/paint...
Thanks for this post - I was seriously considering the replica ING+1 rear because of the "guaranteed" fitment. I just don't have the time or the aptitude to do all that work myself and I'm really in the mood to pay an extra amount of $ to have a bodyshop do it.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:52 AM
G SQUAD
Here is a blog of my Top Secret project...
https://g35driver.com/forums/g-squad/65508-blog-preview-my-project.html

As far as the fitment of the ING+1 Poly Replica, meaning length/height of the replica.. it is NOT bad. However...., it is NOT a bolt on part, unless you can bare with the gap issues. 95% of the people wouldn't care about the gaps and such, but not me.

If you look at beangrower's pix... I drew some arrows where there are gaps... He mentioned he had fitment issues as well, so maybe he can fill in on the issues he had. If you look closely, there are still some minor gaps.

I couldn't bare with the gaps that were there. So I took a file, sandpaper, (lots of other tools used) to prep the bumper such that it sits flush. Good thing about the urethane part is that it's very flexible, you can wiggle the thing around here and there, give and take.... Also, where I drew the circle, there is a bigger gap there relative to the rest. I wanted it to be uniform, so that's why I started hacking away. I'm fabricating a custom way to mount the ING Sides... so it does take work. Once again, it's NOT a bolt on part. You'll need to drill holes as with ANY replica, and you have to be handy with tools and comfortable with working on cars.

My friend (Ducatiguy) is helping me prep all my parts to save money. It took us about 6 hours to do both sides... So figure a bodyshop that is probably NOT going to take pride/joy like you would, rush to get it on... and say deal with the uneven gaps... Or he can take the time to prep it, but charge you as any bodyshop would.

I'm just giving my unbiased feedback here... I'm happy with how it fits now, but it took me several hours to get ready for the bodyshop.

Hope this helps...

Attached Thumbnails Ing+1 Full Replica kit ***Test Fit Pics*****-beangrower-ing.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
here's a pic of the G with the gold Works

Attached Thumbnails Ing+1 Full Replica kit ***Test Fit Pics*****-dsc00624.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
beangrowers replica got gaps in various places towards the front and rear of the side skirts. the front lip has two gaps where the begining of the vents start on the left, and end on the right. it looks as if it needs to be filled in. you gotta be a car nut to actually notice the sides skirts. the front is noticeable when you get about 2 feet. overall, it does a great job for a daily driven G. it turns heads like you wouldn't believe. even the 6 series Bimmer's snap they heads!!

with replica's see if it's possible to check if the kit lines up with the ends. some skirts are short and you end up having to center it on the front and rear panels.

Last edited by sen_jen; 09-01-2005 at 01:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ing+1 Full Replica kit ***Test Fit Pics*****