Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005 | 02:03 PM
|
Kenstyle Body Kit

I am seriously considering a Kenstyle body kit for an '05 coupe. From what I have read on here, most people agree that the fit and finish on the kit are first rate, whether or not they find the kit's style appealing. If anyone has experience with this kit, can you just comment on the fitment. Also, how are the fogs wired into the vehicle?

In addition, I am leaning towards the Fujitsubo exhaust, I can't imagine there would be, but is anyone aware of fitment issues when using this exhaust with the Kenstyle rear bumper?

One last question, anyone know anything about the Kenstyle exhaust. I am guessing it is more of a cosmetic mod, and will not deliver the performance of some of the other more popular systems?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2005 | 02:41 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I'm really happy with my KS kit. My shop was very impressed with the fitment and thought they came from the factory. Not sure how the fogs are wired in because my shop did the install. I really like the remote switch for the lights. You can turn them on at anytime independently with the parking, low or high beams on.

Old 09-08-2005 | 03:13 PM
My KS replica was a pretty good fit... say 98-99%... all the notches that needed to be drilled line up perfectly with the stock holes... There was a little prep work that needed to be done but that's just a minor issue... Didn't come with fogs... But there are a lot out there that will fit... I wired mines independently also...

Old 09-08-2005 | 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
Premier Member
Fitment

I personally installed my real Kenstyle kit myself.I had no problems at all with fitment,everything lined up perfectly.The body shop that painted it, was also impressed with the quality of the pieces.Just primer & paint. The fog lights,I just tapped into the wire for the clearance strip in the headlights in the harness before it plugs into the headlight assembly.The back bumper you will need to remove or modify the foam that is behind the bumper.I modified mine,so that there is still support behind it.You will also want to paint the whole area behind the bumper black.

Old 09-09-2005 | 02:45 AM
Definatly go with the authentic Kenstyle kit, the fitment and quality are unmatched and the fogs are also very high quality pieces.