Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More

Questions before purchasing Zaino products?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:12 PM
|
Question Questions before purchasing Zaino products?

I'm about to buy some Zaino products online and need to know what I should get since there seems to be alot of products on the site. I know I'm not gonna need alot of them so I ask what do you guy think I'm gonna need for my Diamond Graphite G? Would the whole kit (I believe it was Kit 2) be good enough or should I go for the more expensive kit?

Thanks

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:33 PM
First things first: Do you have swirls? If you need to claybar, you don't have to use the Zaino claybar.

If not and your finish is ready for polish, then all you need is the Z2 Polish, ZFX Accelerator (reduces drying time down to 10-15 minutes max for me) and the Z6 Gloss Enhancer Spray. Order a couple of applicator pads as well. I'd also suggest the Z7 Carwash. Damn good stuff!

Now go buy you some GOOD 100% USA Cotton, 100% Made-In-The-USA towels. Good towels can end up being the best investment you make for keeping your G looking great.

The Zaino tire dressing is good. The leather care stuff is ok, but there is better. Out of my Ultimate kit, I have yet to use the claybar & swirl reducer.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 09-27-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 02:45 PM
|
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
First things first: Do you have swirls? If you need to claybar, you don't have to use the Zaino claybar.

If not and your finish is ready for polish, then all you need is the Z2 Polish, ZFX Accelerator (reduces drying time down to 10-15 minutes max for me) and the Z6 Gloss Enhancer Spray. Order a couple of applicator pads as well. I'd also suggest the Z7 Carwash. Damn good stuff!

Now go buy you some GOOD 100% USA Cotton, 100% Made-In-The-USA towels. Good towels can end up being the best investment you make for keeping your G looking great.

The Zaino tire dressing is good. The leather care stuff is ok, but there is better. Out of my Ultimate kit, I have yet to use the claybar & swirl reducer.
Thanks for the quick response. No, I don't have any swirl marks yet. I've owned the car for a lil over 3weeks now so the paint condition is close to perfect (excluding the scratch I got on my side mirror from hitting the side of the garage, but thats a different story). What you suggested is a good start though. Do you think I should get the Ultimate Kit over the Total Kit? I wanna know if the extra $40 difference is worth it.

Thanks again

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Keep in mind the Zaino "polish" is not actually polish (except for Z-PC), and will not eliminate any marring, nor with Z2 hide them at all. Z5 might, but not very well. So like GT-Ron said, if your finish is in good shape go for Z2, Z6, and ZFX. If it has scratches, swirls, marring etc... you will need to polish first to remove them, or glaze to hide them.

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:54 PM
Rollin On Dubz
I'm trying to get a group buy going on some Zano products, anyone interested?

Old 09-27-2005 | 03:09 PM
I just re-ordered a little while back, so I'm good.

Mack - If I were to do it all over, knowing what I know now, I'd skip the kit and get only what was needed. I'd get 2 bottles of Z7 Carwash, some ZFX & Z2 and the Z6 Gloss Enhancer Spray (or the Z8) and two applicator pads. Also, I'd get the tire dressing because I dig it and it's Froot Loop smell. Seriously, all of the Zaino products have great, distinctive smells. The carwash smells like blueberries or something. You gotta love it!

You can always order other products later, which is exactly what I'd suggest over buying either kit.

Take the money saved and put it into good towels. IMO, at a minimum you'll want 2 towels for drying after a wash, 1 towel for removing the Z2 and 1 towel for the Z6 or Z8. So get 6 towels or "bath sheets" which are even bigger . You'll also want several hand towels for washing the car. A few extra hand towels for cleaning the really dirty areas will save you from ruining a good, clean carwashing hand towel every time. I only use one to wash and keep a grungy one handy for wheelwells, etc. Sounds like a lot, but it's been worth it for me. And wash cloths become useless after trimming the decorative borders/stitching as there simply isn't much material left to work with. So 4-6 towels and 4-6 hand towels will put you in good shape. Use a mild liquid detergent WITHOUT FABRIC SOFTENER to wash them.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 09-27-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 03:26 PM
|
MikeyMike - I want this asap possibly before this weekend so unless you have it all set to go, I'm gonna order it probably sometime today.

GT-Ron - Yeah, I think I might just do what you suggested. Instead of wash cloths, what do you think of those sponges you buy at auto stores?? While we're at it, how about the interior? Should I go Zaino or other brand such as Armorall for the vinyl and plastic and Meguirs for the leather?

Thanks again!

Old 09-27-2005 | 03:37 PM
Rollin On Dubz
There's no way I could get a group buy going by this weekend, so scratch that.

How are those microfiber towels from target?

Old 09-27-2005 | 03:41 PM
|
I just went on the Zaino website and was about to place an order when I see that residents of New Jersey, Hawaii and another place I forgot has to send an email to find a distributor ??? Maybe I didn't read it closely or understand it well?? Am I getting this right, are they saying I can't buy it through the website as a NJ resident and must get it somewhere else?

Old 09-27-2005 | 04:08 PM
Not sure. Send him an e-mail to confirm. You should get a fast reply.

And as for using sponges to wash the car; NOT for me. The good towels have yet to put a single swirl in my finish, so I swear by them. I get the hand towel all wet and soapy from the bucket, start at the top and let it glide over the finish. I check periodically to make sure debris isn't getting trapped in the hand towel and have had very good luck with them staying really clean. Of course, I've hardly let the car get dirty. lol I also use the suggested technique for polishing... ...wipe front to back (or the other way around) on horizontal surfaces, top to bottom on vertical surfaces.

For me, having the super-soft hand towel, all drenched in soapy water, and gliding along the surface is nearly sexual... ...in the sense that I feel like I'm gently carressing the curves of a beautiful woman (I've been married for nearly 12 years, so allow me my fantasies ). It just works too good for me to even consider anything else. Don't fix what's not broken.

There's good reason that people probably recognize my frequent "100% USA Cotton & 100% Made-In-The-USA cotton towels" suggestion when it comes to Zaino threads. It's what's suggested by Zaino as well, and I now understand why. Try them first and switch IF you're not happy.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 09-27-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 04:16 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
RE: Zaino leather cleaner/conditioner, I actually like them a lot. They're probably my favorite Zaino products aside from the tire dressing (which is the best thing ever on our plastic trim, btw). The leather products smell good and work well, just use them sparingly. I'm probably the only person who likes the Zaino tire dressing/leather care products better than the sealants. Oh well.

Old 09-27-2005 | 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by MISTIKMACK
I just went on the Zaino website and was about to place an order when I see that residents of New Jersey, Hawaii and another place I forgot has to send an email to find a distributor ??? Maybe I didn't read it closely or understand it well?? Am I getting this right, are they saying I can't buy it through the website as a NJ resident and must get it somewhere else?
Email them they will give you the name of a guy in PA who sells to NJ. I have to order today as well.

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:35 PM
Yes!!

Originally Posted by MikeyMike
I'm trying to get a group buy going on some Zano products, anyone interested?
Yes! I just asked this question on the detailing forum. But, aren't GBs limited to the Premier Members??

Old 09-27-2005 | 08:35 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Well Sd, I'm a premier and so are you, so whatever...we're cool..right?

Old 09-27-2005 | 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Well Sd, I'm a premier and so are you, so whatever...we're cool..right?
Works for me! I'm just about out of my prior favorite (Finish First) and am itching to give Zaino a try.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions before purchasing Zaino products?