Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installation really is the key to a true clear bra. Here is our 3rd Enzo that we just wrapped up for the year.........the only Enzo to be 100% covered.......full custom wrap. This customer had searched over 15 reputable installers in the country and all of them said that this car's fenders are "impossible" to wrap in one piece..........that is until he found us.

The G35s bumpers can be done in one pc whether it is precut or custom. For custom, we would remove the front grill and side markers for the film to be tucked inward. The film will also be wrapped around the wheel wells unlike precut kits.

We will be in Dallas between Feb. 16-20, Southern California between Jan 26-30 for the local Ferrari club, March 3-10 Shanghai for Ferrari club, March 11-15 for local Ferrari club, and Manila between March 16-23 for a group install. ....if interested, please do not hesitate to contact us - sales@premiermobilegroup.com

Attached Thumbnails Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside-3.jpg   Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside-5.jpg   Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside-8.jpg   Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside-7.jpg   Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside-4.jpg  

Last edited by Premier; 12-29-2005 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, amazing job on the Enzo in the post above! I can only imagine the stress the owner of that car must have been feeling when dropping the car off...

Next, to the original poster of this thread, create an email, detailing your problems, with pics, link to this thread and specifics as to who did the "work" - then email it all to Llumar and see what they say. I'm sure that someone there would be interested in seeing that one of their dealers is doing nothing more than a hack job. You never know what Llumar will offer, at the very least, I think they would suggest another shop and cut you a deal for material to redo.

Good luck in getting that repaired. Keep us posted on what happens.

Albert

Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Good lord man! When we talked on the phone I didnt think it was soo bad! That is absolute crap, I wouldnt pay a cent to that shop!! Two piece on a mirror??? Come on! It looks like he didnt even cover the insides of the bumper cutouts like mine is. Man wish you could have done yours at Xpert. If you dont find a good place in Dallas, just come down to Houston. It will be worth the drive, and we can all hang out also But sorry about your clear bra man, hope everything works out.

Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
dR6
Thanks for the offer wil. Just sent you an email. Please check out the original post for the update!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM
SunMasters in Dallas installed a Ventureshield clearbra on my sedan last month. They did a great job, however, you won't be able to get it done for $315. I shopped around quite a bit and they were the cheapest of the shops I found with G/Z experience at $550. I heard about them from several coupe and Z owners.

You can "google" them and find their information if you are still looking.

EDIT - My bumper is all one piece with the exception of the tow hook cover.

Last edited by jameyb; 12-29-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Premier Member

I have lumar and do not have those gaps at all. But it cost me $550 installed.

The only gap I have is at the bottom lip of my front bumper, is where the two sides meet under the honeycomb grills.

Originally Posted by dR6
I found a LLumar Clear Bra installer near my house (actually the only clear bra dealer in Oklahoma that I could find) and he quoted me a fantastic price of $315 for the bumper, hood, fender, and mirrors.

He sounded like a really nice guy and I saw the work he did on his truck and it looked good. Four hours later, i showed up at the shop and was absolutely horrified to see the most heinous fitment/application ever! The bumper was in 4 separate pieces and there was a huge 1/2 inch gap right down the center of the bumper! There were huge gaps all around and the lines around the side running lights weren't even parallel!

The installer had gone home for the day and I told the general manager that I refuse to pay for this work. They let me go home without paying so I don't know what to do tomorrow when I come back. What do you think I'm entitled to? Can I ask that the bra be removed and not pay a dime? I'm OK with the hood/fender/mirror, except for a black smudge on the underside of one of the edges (see pics). Granted that the smudge can be removed, do you think it would be reasonable to keep that film on and go w/ a different brand (3M) for the bumper. I don't think it would be noticeable since they are on 2 different panels.

I'm so irritated right now! I just spent $40K on this car and this is the piece of crap he thinks I'll be happy with? Thanks for letting me vent. Enjoy the pics!

******************* UPDATE ********************
I talked to my installer today and he was very appropriate and he knew I was not happy. He admitted that he did not expect Llumar to send their pattern in two pieces. His distributor started using another pattern cutter recently and he was not happy either. In the end, he understood my unhappiness with the product and will not charge me a penny! He told me I could take it off myself w/ blowdryer or I can bring it into the shop and he can take it off. I think I'll just leave it on until I can find a clear bra dealer in Dallas to my liking. In the end, this guy really was a stand up guy. It killed me that he spent all this time on my car and talking to me (this has been a 2 month ordeal trying to get the '06 pattern). I can definitely recommend him for tint work... and I will, because he's a guy who stands behind his work. Thanks again for all the support guys, and feel free to let me know of any installers in Dallas that I should check into.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by dR6
Oh, I forgot to mention...

Can anyone recommend a reputable clear bra installer in the Oklahoma City, Dallas, or Tulsa areas. I need someone that can wrap the bra to the edges. Thanks!
Come to San Antonio, TX and I can recommend a LLUMAR place who did mine the right way.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
G35_TX,

I just moved to Dallas from San Antonio last summer. I really wish I could take my G for a spin in the Hill Country (I had an F-150 for the 10 or so years I lived in SA).

Sorry to momentarily hi-jack the thread.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear that man. That sucks. Things like that make me shake my head all the time...incompetent people that really don't "do their job". What.....did they think you wouldn't "see it"....since it's clear!??!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've seen probably 500 clear bras, and yours is the worst one. I'd send Sam from premiere an e-mail or give him a call. I think his phone # is still 510-390-6920. Cheers.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:53 PM
dR6
Thanks for the reference Jamey. I just called them and they were pretty cool about it. They told me they used Invisishield (7 year warranty) and said they did not typically wrap the edges. Did the wrap the edges on yours? How close are the tolerances to the edges?

I also found an XPEL dealer that uses 3M film by the name of Auto Designs in Fort Worth, TX. He quoted me a fantastic price of $470 for the full kit. He doesn't wrap edges either, however. Has anyone worked w/ Auto Designs out of Fort Worth?

Last edited by dR6; 12-29-2005 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by jameyb
G35_TX,

I just moved to Dallas from San Antonio last summer. I really wish I could take my G for a spin in the Hill Country (I had an F-150 for the 10 or so years I lived in SA).

Sorry to momentarily hi-jack the thread.
hehe. Come to the Rampage Bull Cruise. Look in the SOUTH section to see what it is. It's fun. Many people come from all over TX>.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Premier Member

The 3M bra that wraps edges that I know of is Stongard.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
What kind of place installs something that they know doesnt fit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra Nightmare - Pics Inside