Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

anyone have a replica nismo front bumper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone have a replica nismo front bumper?

hows the fittement and where did u get it from ..i want a nismo bumper but there too expensive so i thought of getting a replica but i wanted to know if its oem quality

Old 02-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i just bought one from creative autoworks... check out this thread theres pictures of my car with the bumper test fitted

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterior-vendor/81211-like-type-kits-stock.html

Old 02-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember reading about some people having issues with the replica fitting properly.

FWIW, my bodyshop was extremely impressed with the OEM fittment of the authentic NISMO front bumper. Extremely little prep involved. All in all, I recall seeing someone paying as much (perhaps a bit more) to have the replica turn out right as I paid to have the authentic one prep/painted/installed... ...with IP paint. Pay now, or pay later.

My bodyshop also asked that I not tell other people, around town, where I got the work done. They didn't want "a bunch of people bringing in those cheap bodykits. Those are a nightmare. Bad part equals more work, which these people never want to spend the money on." Just a bodyshop owners point of view.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
i got my rep nismo from 350z forums about a year ago. fitment was ok. nothing that a decent body shop couldn't fix. a lot better than spending $800 or so on the real deal. it is very prone to chipping though

Old 02-02-2006, 11:48 AM
well the shop i took my kit too always works on replicas and they do a really good job so they really dont care. he quoted me $400 for paint, install, prep and any fitment issues wich isnt bad if you ask me ...at the end i still end up paying less than what an original cost. Yeah i know the replica can chip a little easier but i doubt the original is bullet proof considering its still fiberglass so whos going to cringe more when they crack,chip or wreck their bumper? ......

Old 02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I was lucky and got mine painted and fitted for $300. You are right Jimmy, the authentic would probably chip just as much. I would much rather get a rep so I don't have to worry about messing it up...I could just get a second one and still be under the price of the authentic! It is sad to say but I will probably never buy an authentic kit because I don't see justification in paying such a ridiculous upcharge on something that really isn't that special.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
I was lucky and got mine painted and fitted for $300. You are right Jimmy, the authentic would probably chip just as much. I would much rather get a rep so I don't have to worry about messing it up...I could just get a second one and still be under the price of the authentic! It is sad to say but I will probably never buy an authentic kit because I don't see justification in paying such a ridiculous upcharge on something that really isn't that special.
+1 so far ive spent $450 on my nismo front & impul sides (replicas) all i need is my impul rear wich will cost me $350 thats $800 for a complete kit that will look just as good as the original after the shop is done with it... so after paint im looking at $1,800 total for paint and a complete kit ... if you can find replicas that fit good i say go for it..

Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
so u got the nismo bumper eh? As far as chipping, isnt that a paint issue? So it doesnt matter if u go replica or original it doesnt make a difference at all. From what i've seen on the forum tho, you should definately get a clear bra on the nismo bumper cuz it will get killed with chips. I put mine on the second i got the bumper, and you should too!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
so u got the nismo bumper eh? As far as chipping, isnt that a paint issue? So it doesnt matter if u go replica or original it doesnt make a difference at all. From what i've seen on the forum tho, you should definately get a clear bra on the nismo bumper cuz it will get killed with chips. I put mine on the second i got the bumper, and you should too!
got an idea how much i should be paying for a clear bra?

Old 02-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I read a post today where a guy paid $500 to Clear Bra his Nismo. Too steep for me, considering repainting is so much cheaper.

As for the chips, it's not as much of a paint issue, it's because the bumpers are fiberglass, where the OEM urethane tend to ease/spread the impact of stones, etc as they flex. The fiberglass is too rigid, making the paint take more of the impact. And yes, the original chips too. I've only had one so far, but I had none on my OEM bumper.

I don't have a problem with people using replicas, I was only passing along the experiences that I've read about here. Glad to see that others have had good luck with the replicas. More power to you.

As for feeling worse damaging one over the other... ...I don't plan on ditching the front bumper if it get's slightly damaged, I plan on repairing it. At that point, the cost will be the same repairing the replica or the authentic bumper. It's only the initial cost of the part and the prep required that constitutes any difference in price between the two. The NISMO wasn't so outrageous that I refused e to pay for the authentic item. To each his own.

Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 PM
clear bra was 500 for just the bumper. i think 500 is better than having to repaint. Repainting takes a lot of time and is a big inconvenience where as once you put the clear bra on you're set and good to go.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:29 PM
i have heard mixed reviews on the clear bra but have never had it myself. doesn't the clear bra chip away as well? i have heard that the clear bra starts to chip and tear and then it looks just as bad. is this true?

Old 02-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
clear bra was 500 for just the bumper. i think 500 is better than having to repaint. Repainting takes a lot of time and is a big inconvenience where as once you put the clear bra on you're set and good to go.
Could you provide some pics of you bumper and car with the clear bra?

Old 02-03-2006, 01:30 AM
i can take some for you but u cant really tell the clear bra is there anyways unless i take a real close up

Old 02-03-2006, 01:45 PM
500!! damn i guess its worth it if its going to last a long long time ...so do they chip anways?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone have a replica nismo front bumper?