Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

KenStyle going on as we speak!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coupin827
Def, don't drill the bumpers, use epoxy to fasten the fasteners to the inside of the bumper.

No real way around taking the bumpers off to put the mesh in. I had to do the same thing when I put mine in.
hmm maybe yours was better, but mines are permenantly bent from shipping. and unless i got somewack epoxy, i had to drill. i dont know......

but at least it was a good try. when i get to florida i will try to find a grill, as for now the way i have it one is the way i have it on. mesh is too uncooperative to put on the way you say. i had to cut it all bunches of different ways to get it to even act right. 8 hours messing with that thing. on just the front grill piece upper. there used to be this red and blue epoxy i saw once long ago when i was racing...illsee if i can find that. but i have the other pieces under a book to try to tease them straight. i taped them down while epoxy was hardening for like hell 30 mins. i put epoxy between the contact spots and over the spots to run over it...and still it bend back from the way it came....not your fault so im not blaming anyone, but its just frustrating...plus i hve that crap all over it or the edges and i have to sand down all over again and rough the mesh and its a head ache!

but thanks anyways.

new news, avn went in yesterday and the sound is terrible...well he speakers.. i got some diamonds....and a sirius reciever...but the idiots didnt connect the reciever to the head unit....and my sun roof wasnt connected right. wind noise coming from my wind shield.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd like to see pictures of what you did, this took me all of 10 minutes to put the mesh on.

Don't exactly know what was permanently bent, sounds weird.

Sorry it didn't work out, you're the first ever.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by coupin827
I'd like to see pictures of what you did, this took me all of 10 minutes to put the mesh on.

Don't exactly know what was permanently bent, sounds weird.

Sorry it didn't work out, you're the first ever.

well what epoxy did you use? rubber? thats the only one i can imagine could work.

im not saying that its garbage bro, dont get me wrong..it looks good how its set up, bt it could look better..not hte mesh, but me trying for the life of me to get it on. it want the epoxy more so than anything else. i couldnt get it to stay put when i was putting it on. now i dont have time to do it.

im going to do the rear this afternoon after i get finished packing.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:49 AM
plus if i could get the epoxy to stick to the fasteners then it would have taken 15 mins like you said but my epoxy was trash i guess. had to drill. but you cant see them...hell even i had to keep wondering where i drilled so i didnt do it again. i can always fill them back up though.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:52 AM
I forgot which epoxy I used, but it was a putty expoxy. It was nice and thick which covered the fasteners and was ready to go. Def use putty epoxy since it's thicker and more flexible.

Hope you can get the back on with ease.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Dude, just use a hair dryer to to warm the mesh or leave it out in the sun for a bit. It will flatten right out very easily. We certainly can't **** most of the mesh we sell flat and even if we could, it would be more prone to damage in transit. Use a hair dryer, not a heat gun to soften it up a bit and lay it flat.

As far as install, dude, it has to be the easiest thing to do. The easiest way is to do it right after the body shop finsihes thier work and before paint. The body shop should know exactly what to do to install it, if not, try a new body shop because they shouldn't be in business. Since your stuff is already on the car, it's easier to take the bumpers off and work with it off the car. Simply use putty epoxy as Coupin said or you can try the 7 min epoxy. Both can be found at hardware stores. the 7 minute liquid epoxy needs to be mixed well in order to cure. What I did was put a lil dab on a cardboard box, mix it together with a paper clip or toothpick, then use popsicle or spoon to put a dab over the wire anchor. half the wire should be covered with epoxy and the other half should be free to secure mesh. NO DRILLING NEEDED.

If you need more help, just give a shout.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Dude, just use a hair dryer to to warm the mesh or leave it out in the sun for a bit. It will flatten right out very easily. We certainly can't **** most of the mesh we sell flat and even if we could, it would be more prone to damage in transit. Use a hair dryer, not a heat gun to soften it up a bit and lay it flat.

As far as install, dude, it has to be the easiest thing to do. The easiest way is to do it right after the body shop finsihes thier work and before paint. The body shop should know exactly what to do to install it, if not, try a new body shop because they shouldn't be in business. Since your stuff is already on the car, it's easier to take the bumpers off and work with it off the car. Simply use putty epoxy as Coupin said or you can try the 7 min epoxy. Both can be found at hardware stores. the 7 minute liquid epoxy needs to be mixed well in order to cure. What I did was put a lil dab on a cardboard box, mix it together with a paper clip or toothpick, then use popsicle or spoon to put a dab over the wire anchor. half the wire should be covered with epoxy and the other half should be free to secure mesh. NO DRILLING NEEDED.

If you need more help, just give a shout.
one, if i uhem WAS ABLE TO GET MY ORDER IN WHEN I FIRST TRIED I WOULD HVE BEEN ABLE TO DO IT WHEN THE BODY MAN WAS PUTTING THE KIT ON!!!!!!!

but its all good guys, i went back over it and tried some mcguyver type **** and Voila...got it. I was looking for that thick putty epoxy everywhere but most paint and body shops are closed on sundays....and i am getting on the road in a few hours. so no time. but i got it on there front and back. hell if i had done what i did today i wouldnt have even need ed to take the bumpers off. looks damn good. I was neve a dissatisfied customer, so dont think that...it ws all pilot error!! trust me, go check the black box!

but as soon as i get a digital camera out of storage or when i get to florida...ill shoot it over to you. have to wait on the spring install though. actually looks good without it, for now..that KS style kit (replica) is pretty low to begin with.....gun metel Hiro's and now I need a Blue GT for my center, and I will be toasted...also i am looking for some blue headlight overlay you know like tint type stuff for the head lights....where can I find something like that. my Eclips is cool but the *******s didint do my Sirius right, it wont catch the signal or its not pluged into the head unit. so i have to jack with them before i get on the road.....going through N.O. tmrw (chocolate city!!!) and dallas. Any females wanna hook a brotha up at a loves station real quick lemmie know!!! hahaha! nice hum and run!!

anyways guys i am extremely happy....you cant say youd be the first now...let someone else be the first....holla. thanks for the help. I will def get you kats some business!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
well i got to tampa last night and yea i guess i will have to use the putty epoxy...I made the trip in like 19 hours..no cops, 4 gas stops and avg. 115mph probably or more...i was getting on it and damn near blew that grill out. if i hadnt drilled it would be somewhere in texas on the side of the road!! so i have to do it again....but man the G was getting on it!! You people wouldnt believe what new orleans looks like! if you havent seen it in person, its crazy...empty city, few lights here and there but overall, ghost town.....very eerie! tampa is nice...like it already.

if anyone's around tampa, i need a shop to install my springs. i left them off since i had so much stuff in the car. damn it looks nice with that kit! i see G's with out kits and they just look so bland. so i am very happy with the look. and that grill looks nice, i just need it to stay on!!