Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Painting Roof of g35 BLACK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Multi-Spoked Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think its an excellent idea

Ed Lin

Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
[OBEFORE:

AFTER:

comments......
Somehow it works on this one, now if we only had the black wheels...

Old 02-14-2006, 10:00 PM
yea it looks really nice on the IP it would look really good with the carbon fiber hood, and trunk, if anyone gets a chance how about photoshopping that

Old 02-14-2006, 10:09 PM
I was actually thinking about the whole black roof thing too. I think it looks really sweet.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black roofs looks good cuz it makes the car more aggressive, but then you the car has to be able to pull off the look too...

Attached Thumbnails Painting Roof of g35 BLACK-wald-7-3-small-.jpg  

Last edited by CarFanatic56; 02-15-2006 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:52 AM
O-M-G M3 CSL has it that color for a reason you fool! Painting something doesnt mean its going to be CF!

Do I smell someone cooking rice?

Old 02-15-2006, 05:55 AM
-M3 CSL has it carbonfiber so thats why its black
-Maybach has the opening roof (tinted glass)
-That white BMW is fuking riced up as hell! Wouldnt be surprized if thats a stock 325i with M3 badges on.
-That E30 BMW tried to make his crap car look like a CSL

So well, from the list above, you seem to be in between ricer 325i boy and CSL-wannabe E30 which leaves you in a BAD position if you do it.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:16 PM
kinda reminds of a TC...

Old 02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
people just blatantly toss out 'rice' these days if they dont like something. "OH NO!! Played out SF CHALLENGES!!! RIIICE" Im being sarcastic of course b/c i have my challenges on order. but rice in my book is putting a GTR sticker on a car other than a skyline GTR....putting a TYPE R sticker on a GSR...putting a SI sticker on a regular civic...thats rice...trying to be unique=props

Old 02-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Mmhm...
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
O-M-G M3 CSL has it that color for a reason you fool! Painting something doesnt mean its going to be CF!

Do I smell someone cooking rice?
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
-M3 CSL has it carbonfiber so thats why its black
-Maybach has the opening roof (tinted glass)
-That white BMW is fuking riced up as hell! Wouldnt be surprized if thats a stock 325i with M3 badges on.
-That E30 BMW tried to make his crap car look like a CSL

So well, from the list above, you seem to be in between ricer 325i boy and CSL-wannabe E30 which leaves you in a BAD position if you do it.

OK, first of all if you read my thread carefully i stated that the BMW csl has a CF roof and that maybe its not practical for people to paint there roof black becuae whats the use (LOOKS)?....Second i dont think that white e46 bmw is "ricey" how is that "RICEY" it has stock boddy parts with a CF trunk? Third that white bmw is not an (E30) bmw its an E36 bmw. Would you define UTR's car as ricey as well? i know its just your two cents, id like to see more of your opinion though. and please DEFINE ther term RICEY.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
the definition for rice is a tough one for people to come up with. i personally feel that "rice" can mean 2 things..

1. putting something on your car (logo, body part, etc) that is a defining characteristic of another car (ie M3 grill on fenders, GT-R badge) thus making your car look like it's pretending to be something it's not. some people consider vertical doors under this umbrella, but i haven't made up my mind on that one yet

2. a completely unnecessary "performance" mod done purely for "Fast & the Furious" appeal.... aka huge rear spoiler on a FWD Civic... racing seats, harnesses, and a roll cage in a car that can't break a 16 in the quarter mile, nitrous purge kit (esp. one that lights up) without injecting nitrous into the engine itself, fake BOV sound when you shift, etc etc.

NOW, since the darkened roof is NOT a "trademark" of any particular car (although it does seem to be popular with the German cars) i don't see any reason why the guy should be called RICE for suggesting it.

if it goes with the theme of the car (ie it would work good with the UT car b/c they have a black hood, black side skirts, and black wheels!), i say GO FOR IT. i saw Marchesano's roof in person, and it looks great with his black wheels. it makes the car look much more sleek b/c it "hides" the moonroof and blends the roof into the rear window (provided you have tint).

sorry for the long winded post, but it's unfortunate to see people that are trying to do different things and be innovative that are being discouraged by forum members slinging the "R word" around. at the end of the day it's his money. he asked for feedback from the forum, and if you don't like it, a simple "not my style" or "i'm not really feeling it" would do... no need for the "EWWW THATS SO RICEY" stuff.

by doing that, all you're doing is discouraging lots of people from trying something new... people that might have good ideas but now are afraid of being "RICE". why don't you guys all go back to the Coupe forum and hang out there, where everybody talks about their floor mats and their resale values... you should be safe from RICE there..... [steps away from computer to put on his flame suit]

Last edited by SI_G35Coupe; 02-16-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:09 AM
^^looool very well put...

Old 02-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Mmhm...
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
the definition for rice is a tough one for people to come up with. i personally feel that "rice" can mean 2 things..

1. putting something on your car (logo, body part, etc) that is a defining characteristic of another car (ie M3 grill on fenders, GT-R badge) thus making your car look like it's pretending to be something it's not. some people consider vertical doors under this umbrella, but i haven't made up my mind on that one yet

2. a completely unnecessary "performance" mod done purely for "Fast & the Furious" appeal.... aka huge rear spoiler on a FWD Civic... racing seats, harnesses, and a roll cage in a car that can't break a 16 in the quarter mile, nitrous purge kit (esp. one that lights up) without injecting nitrous into the engine itself, fake BOV sound when you shift, etc etc.

NOW, since the darkened roof is NOT a "trademark" of any particular car (although it does seem to be popular with the German cars) i don't see any reason why the guy should be called RICE for suggesting it.

if it goes with the theme of the car (ie it would work good with the UT car b/c they have a black hood, black side skirts, and black wheels!), i say GO FOR IT. i saw Marchesano's roof in person, and it looks great with his black wheels. it makes the car look much more sleek b/c it "hides" the moonroof and blends the roof into the rear window (provided you have tint).

sorry for the long winded post, but it's unfortunate to see people that are trying to do different things and be innovative that are being discouraged by forum members slinging the "R word" around. at the end of the day it's his money. he asked for feedback from the forum, and if you don't like it, a simple "not my style" or "i'm not really feeling it" would do... no need for the "EWWW THATS SO RICEY" stuff.

by doing that, all you're doing is discouraging lots of people from trying something new... people that might have good ideas but now are afraid of being "RICE". why don't you guys all go back to the Coupe forum and hang out there, where everybody talks about their floor mats and their resale values... you should be safe from RICE there..... [steps away from computer to put on his flame suit]

THAT is an awsome comment right there! thank you very much. dont worry i have a bucket of water on the side ....

Old 02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I Like To See The Whole Top Painted Black On Silver

Old 02-16-2006, 03:55 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
I think that would look pretty awesome on any color (excluding black of course, unless you painted it CF) If it fit the style of the car it would look real classy&sporty not RICEY.
-GP-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting Roof of g35 BLACK