Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed: UTR CF Lip & CZP Replica Diffuser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SI_G35Coupe
in your 2nd picture it looks like there's some kinda gap at the top of the diffuser? just to the left of the license plate area
that's not gap! that's the sun glaring off the top lip of the diffuser....weird i know....

Old 04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 ^

I feared the same thing when I looked at the pic, but then figured it was what it is. When I walked out to my car at lunch today, I got the same angle and did a double-take. It's just that the top of the diffuser is a pronounced edge so that it fits into the OEM, recessed cosmetic line on the bumper. Try that with the authentic NISMO diffuser. Wasn't happening for me.

If the diffusers being made from this mold stay the same dimension as mine, you will not have a single issue with fit. I rank it with the best fitting aftermarket bodypart that I've seen so far, which is the authentic NISMO front bumper. Both are OEM fit!

Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
You must come from the Honda camp as well....roll around on painted blackies slammed to the ground for two years convincing yourself the wheels will come....

Originally Posted by axiochris
drop your car...!

ricer rule #1- drop before rims.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
That diffuser looks great; and the car does as well. I hope to purchase this piece shortly.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
+1 ^

I feared the same thing when I looked at the pic, but then figured it was what it is. When I walked out to my car at lunch today, I got the same angle and did a double-take. It's just that the top of the diffuser is a pronounced edge so that it fits into the OEM, recessed cosmetic line on the bumper. Try that with the authentic NISMO diffuser. Wasn't happening for me.

If the diffusers being made from this mold stay the same dimension as mine, you will not have a single issue with fit. I rank it with the best fitting aftermarket bodypart that I've seen so far, which is the authentic NISMO front bumper. Both are OEM fit!

did you have yours painted? or just left it gel-black?

Old 04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Yuichi called me after ordering to ask the same question. He wanted to let me know that the gel-coat can be scratched easily and may show up with a few scratches. I was happy to find only a couple of minor, hair-line size scratches that looked like they could have been buffed out. Great piece!

I painted mine satin-black, as I did the mesh on my bumper and grill. They match great with the black plastic trim for an OEM look.

I've taken pics and now am just working on getting them up. I have to hunt my cable for the camera so I can download them and then I'll drop a pic of the diffuser back here.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
Yuichi called me after ordering to ask the same question. He wanted to let me know that the gel-coat can be scratched easily and may show up with a few scratches. I was happy to find only a couple of minor, hair-line size scratches that looked like they could have been buffed out. Great piece!

I painted mine satin-black, as I did the mesh on my bumper and grill. They match great with the black plastic trim for an OEM look.

I've taken pics and now am just working on getting them up. I have to hunt my cable for the camera so I can download them and then I'll drop a pic of the diffuser back here.
I actually painted mine bmw metallic black....looks great...always loved that color from bmw...

Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Silly question, but what are you guys using to paint the diffuser? Just regular automotive paint you get from the Advance Auto Part or Pep Boys or real car paint?

Old 05-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, I just had the bodyshop shoot it in satin-black. It may end of seeing some chips underneath but I'm not too concerned, considring the location they would be.

Old 05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
pics are gone again?