Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

AutoMotiveMods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CarFanatic56
^ keep us updated on your order of the ings...start a new thread on them.....
front and sides..should be in this friday..hopefully

Old 03-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yeah, u guys that bought a kit from him post up when u get it please. I'm interested in purchasing one a.s.a.p. Thanks!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Ok, I found a place the can install my kit (ING+1 Full Kit replica) and let me tell yah, it isn't easy. First the kit is not really A++ grade (what do you expect for $800), the front lip will be a pain in the *** coz there isn't much holding it or mount to put it. I'm dropping my ride this Saturday and my shop will try their best to fabricate what ever it need to make it look good. Bottom line the shop must be able to fabricate coz this is not perfect fit like it was advertise, then again there is no such thing as perfect fit!!! I'll post some pix next week or so.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:39 PM
*subscribing*

Let us know how the process goes. i would like to know how much work is going to have to be put into these pieces before ordering.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
can i get a Mod in here to help explain what happened...

3 pages and no word. I've been looking for him to.. I came back from Cancun and he was gone......

Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by AthenG
Ok, I found a place the can install my kit (ING+1 Full Kit replica) and let me tell yah, it isn't easy. First the kit is not really A++ grade (what do you expect for $800), the front lip will be a pain in the *** coz there isn't much holding it or mount to put it. I'm dropping my ride this Saturday and my shop will try their best to fabricate what ever it need to make it look good. Bottom line the shop must be able to fabricate coz this is not perfect fit like it was advertise, then again there is no such thing as perfect fit!!! I'll post some pix next week or so.
My shop is having the same problem...no way to mount this thing w/o custom fabrication. And the material they use is hard to mold mounting clips/tabs to. If it was fiberglass, then it'd be cake.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by blazinZ
can i get a Mod in here to help explain what happened...

3 pages and no word. I've been looking for him to.. I came back from Cancun and he was gone......
im not a mod but i talked to automotivemods himself, he basically said that he asked to be taken off the site becasue its going to get confusing for him to handel all the pm's and emails. although he is starting a site that should be up shortly ill post the link to his site when he gets it up. he didn't get banned or anything its just he needs to get stuff ready for his site he is a great guy with great customer service so there should be no reason to doubt him.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 PM
My G supposed to be done tomorrow, I'll post some Pix. the front wasn't as bad but because of the design, there's really nothing holding it. The back is also not a problem but the side is the one that didn't fit well and will need some riveting just to get it stick. My shop dont use double side tape and prefer to use a urethane glue to make it more look clean, they also don't like rivets/screw but was forced due to the fitment issue. I'll post some pix on the weekend. like the other post, the quality of the urethane is not A+.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Ok, here's the kit. let tell you yah, this is not a perfect fit and my shop did what ever they can...

Attached Thumbnails AutoMotiveMods-dsc00044.jpg   AutoMotiveMods-dsc00045.jpg   AutoMotiveMods-dsc00040.jpg  
Old 04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ooooooooooooh sooooo sexyyyyyyy

I love it man, pure eye candy. Fitment looks good to me.

Can you take some high res pics and put it up in the picture share forum?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Could you possible take some close up shots of the side skirts? Especially on the inside when you open the door. On my set, the flap on the inside (right under the "INFINITI" nameplate when you open the door) was a little off. I am wondering what your shop did to make it look good. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a crapy camera, I used my camera money on the body kit i'll try to get a pix on daylight, that will help.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by firefox
Could you possible take some close up shots of the side skirts? Especially on the inside when you open the door. On my set, the flap on the inside (right under the "INFINITI" nameplate when you open the door) was a little off. I am wondering what your shop did to make it look good. Thanks.

please, let's not go there. the side skirt is the one that really didn't fit. they had to rivet the skirt just to make it stick and there are spaces on them It look ok when door is closed but opening it look a little ghetto, I'm even thinking of putting the OEM back.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's what my shop told me, which I guess is acceptable. The other pieces fit okay?

BTW, it looks damn good in Athen's blue.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AthenG
please, let's not go there. the side skirt is the one that really didn't fit. they had to rivet the skirt just to make it stick and there are spaces on them It look ok when door is closed but opening it look a little ghetto, I'm even thinking of putting the OEM back.

Dude, I don't know...it looks really good from the pics.

And so what if it's a little off when the door is open, how often is your door open for? 10 seconds? Until you close it again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.