Notices

DEI Remote Window Control Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEI Remote Window Control Module

Has anyone installed a Directed Electronics aftermarket alarm system on their G Coupe??? I got mine installed a few days ago with the remote window control module (lower and raise the windows), and i'm having a little problem...

You know how when you open the door the window goes down a bit? well now for some reason after installing the module when you open the door the window rolls all the way down...

the alarm shop doesn't have a clue of whats wrong or how to fix it...

Has anyone had that problem? How did you fix it? I need to find a solution in case they cannot fix it so i can do it myself... so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

S.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DEI Remote Window Control Module

First of all, you do NOT need the remote window module. All you need are two (-) outputs from your alarm. If your shop charged you for the window mod I would go back and complain. There are two wires at the power window module in the door that if you apply a ground signal to you can raise and lower the windows. Most places charge around $200 for the window mod installed, when all you need are two validity channels to make it work. The problem with the windows going down when you open the doors is a normal issue with that window mod. Have them take it out, return it, and do it the right way.

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote

Old 03-26-2004, 03:04 PM

KPierson at first i figured that since it already had the modules to lower the windows that you could use the same modules to raise them... THEY SAID NO... CANNOT USE OEM MODULES with aftermarket alarm... and said that they had experienced issues before... so they charged me for the modules and for the laro to install them... so as you can imagine the bill got bigger...

Is there a way i can back up what you say (not that i don't believe you) so when i go up to them and thell them IT IS POSSIBLE? Instead of just going and saying this guy at the forum said it can be done???

Thank you!

S.

Old 03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What you need is a pulse timer relay or validity channels. You can do it a few ways:

1. use validity channels like I talked about before - for as long as you hold the buttons down the windwos will move.

2. Pulse timer. EVERYTIME you arm the car the windows will go up, and every time you his the Aux buttin they will go all the way down.

My module will not help you out as it is designed to be used with the factory remote. If I remember correctly the DEI window mod ADDS one touch windows. Bascially, as soon as the window starts to go down the window mod takes over and runs them all the way down. That is your problem. What you might be able to do is use the door pin to control a relay that will shut off your window mod whenever the door is opened. Otherwise you will have to come up with a way to shut off the one touch feature and I'm not sure if you can do that. It has been a long time since I've installed one. If your install shop doesn't belive you give me a PM and I'll call them for you. I have 5 years of experiance with car alarms and I OWN a G35 and have created several custom security modules for it. They should believe me if I tell them!

www.kptechnologies.net

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote

Old 03-26-2004, 07:39 PM

^^^ yep he is right... i own a bo g35 6spd and i am an installer for best buy and installed the dei matrix 3.5 remote start and used channel 4 and 5 to make the windows go up and go down.... very easy to do... you will have issues if you dont use releys on the door locks and diode isolating them from the releys for channel 4 and 5 because they are the same wire, but you must also use releys for the windows also or they will work intermittenly hope that helps

Old 03-27-2004, 04:23 AM

Thanks Kevin, thanks g35c6sp...

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thank you for all the feedback!

If anything i'll bug you guys a bit later.

Thanks again!

S.