Notices

Corbeau Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbeau Seats

Anyone have experience with Cobeau seats? I am considering the FX1. I know Recaros and Brides are the **** or whatever, but I sat in these and I love them. The things I don't like about them is they are cloth and don't retain any of the power seat functions. I don't really move my seat settings around or use the seat heaters so that latter part is not a big deal for me.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:20 PM
why would u wanna cheapen your car by switching t cloth seats and losing the power features...I could never understand that?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Probably a decent amount of weight savings. Plus in our area, it doesn't get that cold.

Originally Posted by Omeezy
why would u wanna cheapen your car by switching t cloth seats and losing the power features...I could never understand that?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Let me count the reasons:

1. Better Support
2. Don't have them d8mn power switches digging into your legs
3. Probably lower seating position for more headrooom

I have also been looking at the corbeau seats cause of the support and headroom.
It's decently priced not overpriced as some other seats to do the same thing.
It also has wide size for those of us who are little thick around the belt.

Last edited by Glex25; 03-19-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I havent owned any corbeau seats but the ones I've sat in are great, especially when you factor in their affordability.

If you like the seats i would contact corbeau because I bet you can get them in leather or they do suede now too, on their other seats the suede upgrade was only $100 more.

my only other .02 is I wouldnt put a fixed back seat in the passenger seat because of rear seat access constraints, but maybe thats because I use my back seat. Maybe pair it up with one of their other seats, the Legacy in the two tone blk/gry suede is VERY comfy!!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
The direction I want to take my car in is a race-oriented feel. That includes being loud (but not ugly loud, that's why I got the Top Speed exhaust for example and the 3.5" Injen short ram with a 4" Secret Weapon foam filter) and that includes feeling a bit rougher. I am in the process of stiffening up the chassis and turning. Looking to get one of the more rougher race-oriented coil-over systems versus the comfort ones (JIC or whatnot). I sat in a 350z with fixed-back seats a while ago and it had exhaust and all the other goodies and it was just so fun to ride even in the passenger seat, so I want to replicate that for myself.

Good suggestion on doing passenger side a non fixed back! I didn't think about back seat accessibility at all. I don't use the backseat often but sometimes I gotta give some people a ride, etc. So that's a good thought.

Also good call on contacting Corbeau directly. I am thinking of going through this upholstery shop by my house. They are fair, so I don't mind. But with suede they will try to do me at like 200-300 a seat easy for suede, but 100 from Corbeau would be a better deal. Thing is, I like the rough-stitch cloth because that is true race-oriented. $200k Porsches come with that standard rough cloth material. Plus leather will make you slide around more and loses the whole point of having a tight racing seat feel... it's supposed to HOLD you in. Suede doesn't allow the sliding though... and might look good too... I'll look into it.

I think their affordability factor is great too, but I am worried about the "you get what you paid for" thing that I always live by. However I sat in the seat I want at the shop and I fell in love with it. Sure it doesn't have fancy carbon fiber/kevlar backing or whatever Recaro's have for 3500 a piece... but it looks sexy and it has 5 point harness capabilities along with a really comfortable but firm hold while you sit in it.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Sorry but the G35 isn't really a "status" car. I mean for some it might be, but to me, personally, it's a sports coupe. I want to make it even more sporty and for it to feel like a rough race car. Putting in good quality racing seats won't cheapen it at all, it will just take away from the old guy guy appearance (no offense to the old guys!!).

To each his own. Relax. If you don't have experience with Corbeau's, then that's cool.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM
had them on my 12 sec mustang. Great seats for the price.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by pavelpg
Sorry but the G35 isn't really a "status" car.
I think it is for the more younger folks.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
I think it is for the more younger folks.
well it's for the older folks (no offense!) because of its actual durability and race-worthiness/weight, but it's not a high-end luxury car by far. In conclusion, from my perspective, it's okay to switch it up and make it a bit more rugged at more for the racing aspect.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by shipsaeki
had them on my 12 sec mustang. Great seats for the price.
Did you get the tweed finish? 5-point harness? Any pro's and con's you could give me, man? Thanks!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Old 03-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
dont feel bad about getting the corbeaus because they're affordable....they make great seats and a lot of people use them for racing...probably the best bang for your buck seat out there...the only thing bad I've ever seen with them is their cloth seats do fade, but scotch guard can solve that...I still vote for the suede, it will hold you just as good as cloth but look and feel soooo much nicer.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 6MT
i'm also thinking of these seats, but am worried about headroom as i have seen that as a major complaint among the 350z track goers. i am removing my headliner so that may help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Corbeau Seats