Notices

Simpler way to clean leather Safely

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Simpler way to clean leather Safely

I purchased an 06 DG 6MT sedan w/Stone interior some months ago. I was lucky to find this car with little interior/exterior wear, low miles, and properly maintained. With that being said I needed to give the leather treatment a good thorough cleaning. Previous owner had at least two kids, the car seat lines were the tell tale sign. Purchased Lexol cleaner per internet research. Absolutely no results with the Lexol for my cleaning needs. Read leather care tips for several weeks and stumbled on one site that suggested diluted mild soap solution and cotton rag method. I used a solution of 1/8 cup of Aveeno Baby Lightly Scented Wash & Shampoo to about 5/8 of a gallon of filtrated water. This solution removed light to medium surface stains effectively, after giving everything a thorough cleaning with the Aveeno solution I used a Magic Eraser to remove deep scuffs and stains. My advice with the magic eraser, don't focus a lot of time in one area and be gentle with the pressure you apply while scrubbing. Now my interior is looking and smelling awesome, on to leather conditioning, so it doesn't dry out. This method was used on my STONE leather.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Nice, I've used Lexol in the past as well with unsatisfying results. I need to show my stone interior some love soon as I've been neglecting it for far too long. I'm going to go with Leatherique tho, as I've heard nothing but good things about it on various forums.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Old 04-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Wow that looks ****ing fantastic. I should do that to my stone interior. It's starting to look rough now that the leather polish the previous owner used has worn off.

The following users liked this post:
LuxuryMuscle (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by DeafBringer
Wow that looks ****ing fantastic. I should do that to my stone interior. It's starting to look rough now that the leather polish the previous owner used has worn off.
I'm the most impatient person on earth, i had excersize extreme discipline. Using the Lexol that first time and nothing happening really had me eager to grab a rag and start slinging suds. I just took my time, my seats, panels, rubber trim, center console between Saturday till today. Earlier i picked up some Turtle Wax Luxe Leather cleaner/conditioner. Safe for vinyl, leather and rubber. Has cocoa butter and aloe vera and some other mild ingredients. Smells fantastic. I only used the product on one seat in the rear. Was safe on the leather, no discoloration. Made the leather look and feel almost like new. Found my new conditioning product. Give it a try After you get all that hide clean, ya might like it.