Notices

Center console removal...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sedan 5AT
Center console removal...

First off, I'm a newb and have searched for days, my apologies if this has been answered before (as I'm sure that it has...I found previous threads, but all the pictures were dead). I found a video that supposedly shows what to do (on infinitihelp.com), but no matter how many times I upgrade adobe flash player it will not play, so I'm SOL on that. I recently installed a GROM bluetooth/aux/usb unit to allow me to stream music and have handsfree calling. GROM unit works terrific. However, the unit came with an aux cable with a USB in and a 3.5mm aux in. I purchased the flush mount aux in piece and a flush mount usb piece from amazon. I want to install these in the cubby underneath the armest right next to the power port. I need help figuring out how to remove the storage tray (or the house armrest/center console) so that I can cut it and route the cables behind it. I am at a loss of how to remove it. I tried searching the FSM, but couldn't find anything in there...Everything seems to be held in by clips on these cars and I do not want to just start prying and break something...Any help is much appreciated.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Sedan 5AT
So I found the section of the FSM that deals with this (in the instrument panel section) and it looks like I have to remove the entire center console assembly to even get to the metal clips that hold the tray in? Is there possibly an easier way than having to remove the entire assembly?

Old 10-21-2018, 07:15 PM
Sedan 5AT
Got it figured out... For anyone else looking for info on this see https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sed...5_Sedan/ip.pdf page 21.

1. Remove shifter surround
2. Remove vent pass-through cover at rear of armrest (underneath the armrest, by the hinges)
3. Remove 4 screws holding down armrest and the 2 towards the front that hold the center console in
4. Remove screws on either side of the center console behind the front seats
5. Lift up console and disconnect heated seat harnesses if applicable
6. Disconnect power port cable (can't see it, but it has no clips to hold it in)
7. Lift off center console tray.

Old 10-22-2018, 05:40 AM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Congrats!

I dunno what websites you were lookin on....but theres plenty of videos on youtube showing the process.