Notices

Just ordered my THX-SS knob...can't wait...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:52 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Honestly it kinda looks like a butt plug.
sorry you know what a butt plug looks like and NO, you're not MY buddy...buddy!

Old 10-28-2005, 11:55 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Curt G
Hey, I bet that would be a close match to the '05 brushed aluminum interior.

Ordering instructions please!

Curt
Please send all order requests to Clint @ THX723@comcast.net or PM his handle above...

Old 10-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the great find. I just ordered my shift ****. Will post pics and impressions when it comes in. Thanks Clint for the speedy service!

Jon

Old 10-29-2005, 01:22 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by DRAGMODE
Thanks for the great find. I just ordered my shift ****. Will post pics and impressions when it comes in. Thanks Clint for the speedy service!

Jon
Cool...glad i could help...Clint TAUGHT me how to track my car...oh,and the guys a fricken NASA (JPL) engineer! I knew his design would be functional...

Old 10-30-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by THX723
Hey Arash,
You are correctly this is not a 'short shifter' because the oem shifter is still being utilized. This **** is however able to achieve an overall reduction in throw length via height reduction that also has a postive effect on the aesthetic department imo. It is just like the feeling you get with the Nismo Ti GT **** you currently own. Only this one went further and the reduction is much more pronounced.

The THX-SS **** is actually heavier than the oem ****, yet another key ingredient in improving the shifter feel. Solid CNC'd stainless-steel contruction assure maximum tactile feedback. No more hollow, rubbery sensation and the vagueness of the oem. You will know exactly which gear you are rowing into. One must try to really appreciate this thing.

Here's are a couple more pics inside the G35 and Z.

Note: the **** may appear gigantic in this shot because a wide angle lense was used. In reality the **** has a very compact and slim profile that is hard to imagine in all of the pics shown thus far.
Yea i thought it wasnt a short shifter, i knew it had the feeling of making the shifts better.

See Randy i told you. LOL im just kiddin. But Clint PM me a price if you can.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Okay, got some pics to add to the thread. Thanks Clint for the ULTRA FAST shipping. The **** got here in 2 days, and it is a very nice piece. Anyone thinking about getting a shift ****, I would highly recommend this one. It seems like half the size of the OEM ****, but 3 times the weight. Shifts feel much nicer and more precise, and more "flickable" if that makes sense. Matches well with the silver trim on the interior and adds a nice lil' sporty bling. I give this **** a 10/10 for fitament, fit & finish, overall quality, and it's functional . Get one if you can! JON.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:07 PM
G Kreuzer
I'm glad you liked it. I bet it was a lot sleeker than you'd imagine upon inital impression, even though pics were plenty on the forum.

Enjoy!

Old 11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
If i didnt have my nismo TI one, i would have gotten this from you Clint. Looks real nice, hey its aluminum right?

Im wondering if you can have it powedercoated?

Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 PM
G Kreuzer
Arash,
It's constructed out of 304-stainless steel ... thus THX-SS. A more costlier material than aluminum.

I like the Nismo Ti. That was the peice I would have personally gone with. It's a bummer it did not have any provision for the bottom finisher. BTW ... this **** is slimmer than the Nismo in all dimensions. Have a try when you run into me.

Last edited by THX723; 11-02-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:21 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
JUST GOT MINE! I love it. Clint, one question, when I removed the stock shifter, i noticed that there was a spacer and a rubber fitting in there...I remove those, right? I did, but I wanted to make sure...the throws are so precise now...It's like I'm one with the gear box, no kidding...great product!

Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Hey Clint, I just PMd you for pricing and info. Looks like a nice upgrade for the interior.

Hey Randy, let me know how it feels shifting with the SS, being heavier I can only imagine.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:49 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Hey Clint, I just PMd you for pricing and info. Looks like a nice upgrade for the interior.

Hey Randy, let me know how it feels shifting with the SS, being heavier I can only imagine.
Honestly, it feels like I've upgraded my gear box to a professional road racing setup...the gates are true and there's no doubt which gear you're in...it feels more mechanized than with the stocker. I love it...my car feels like a dif car now...no exaggeration...I'd challenge someone who owns this to argue any point I've made with this mod.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Honestly, it feels like I've upgraded my gear box to a professional road racing setup...the gates are true and there's no doubt which gear you're in...it feels more mechanized than with the stocker. I love it...my car feels like a dif car now...no exaggeration...I'd challenge someone who owns this to argue any point I've made with this mod.
AGREE 100%. driving is suprisingly more enjoyable. Great find on this one.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Clint, one question, when I removed the stock shifter, i noticed that there was a spacer and a rubber fitting in there...I remove those, right?
Yes, you got it right buddy!

Enjoy!

Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by UFGatorG35

PM sent!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my THX-SS knob...can't wait...