Notices

HORRIBLE AAC experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
The best headlight modders on this board work out of a garage/basement, IvoryGT and Caskyline, they don't own "companies"
so i hear...i should have just done it all! im going to be doing the lense swap myself

Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chobble19
wow theres a LOT of people viewing this thread...im glad!
I am feeling more and more sorry for you. HONESTLY..Those guys did a horrible job. I almost feel like just sending you my light. You should Overnight those to Caskyline and pray he can make chicken salad out of chicken poop. Please let me know when you send that money, So I can get that light out to you. The guy that does our ebay is on vacation. Best Luck to ya man. Derick

Old 06-28-2007, 03:01 PM
i have heard a ton of horror stories about aac...

Old 06-28-2007, 05:22 PM
yes i remember talkin with u on aim a few times...

you are telling this to someone who does most his work in the garage as well but were not talking about engine parts here. as for them working in a garge i have no idea, but i would much rather send my lights to an extablished business than to a private party....for instantce making it possible to file a claim with the BBB. what kind of warranty to u provide? got me? i did look around numerous forums (lexus, bmw, etc..) for feedback on aac and they seemed very legit matter of fact...little did i know how they could give 2 shyts about anything they worked on. either way i wil be satisfied when the new lenses are on =] i just want to make sure no one has to go through what i did.
Clearcorners.com would be the other choice. I'd suggest e-mailing Mike, talk to him, see what your options are and what he can provide for you. He doesn't offer demon eyes, but he might be able to do something that you like.

Good luck and I hope you can get it resolved.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
yes i remember talkin with u on aim a few times...

you are telling this to someone who does most his work in the garage as well but were not talking about engine parts here. as for them working in a garge i have no idea, but i would much rather send my lights to an extablished business than to a private party....for instantce making it possible to file a claim with the BBB. what kind of warranty to u provide? got me? i did look around numerous forums (lexus, bmw, etc..) for feedback on aac and they seemed very legit matter of fact...little did i know how they could give 2 shyts about anything they worked on. either way i wil be satisfied when the new lenses are on =] i just want to make sure no one has to go through what i did.
Sorry that this happened to you, but you obviously have gotten something mixed up. People who has an established business means NOTHING when it comes to responsibility and quality of product.

if you have to ask, far as Im concerned, I stand by all of my products till the day you sell your car. Just because we dont have a fancy name and a fancy site charging fancy prices, doesn't mean the product is anything less than excellent if not above standard. Im more concerned with myself not providing the best that I can rather than a customer being less than satisfied.
Do a research on Caskyline, X-vert and myself I don't see any company names but we all do the best that we can and get happy customers in return.

I feel that you are entitled to have your full refund and more regardless of it being a business or not.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ IvoryGT has worked on my lights and has provided me with nothing but excellent customer service throughout the experience. I understand that he is a private individual and not a company but he wants to provide such a high quality product that he is willing to make all things right. Thanks again Paul. (shameless plug )

Old 06-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IvoryGT
Sorry that this happened to you, but you obviously have gotten something mixed up. People who has an established business means NOTHING when it comes to responsibility and quality of product.

if you have to ask, far as Im concerned, I stand by all of my products till the day you sell your car. Just because we dont have a fancy name and a fancy site charging fancy prices, doesn't mean the product is anything less than excellent if not above standard. Im more concerned with myself not providing the best that I can rather than a customer being less than satisfied.
Do a research on Caskyline, X-vert and myself I don't see any company names but we all do the best that we can and get happy customers in return.

I feel that you are entitled to have your full refund and more regardless of it being a business or not.
Its always horrible to hear about bad experiences like this, especially when parts alone are rather costly.

The way I see it, if you accept payment to do work, you're conducting business. It doesnt matter if we're talking about a large corporation, a small business, or a sole proprietor - the concept is still the same. Anytime money is exchanged in order to attain a service or product, the person (or company) has a responsibility to fulfill what they offered to do.

Our site has been around for a very long time. Being that we work on lights day-in and day-out, we're very accustomed to the amount of time, money, skill, and attention to detail that each project requires (especially if you want it done right). One thing that I can say, is that degree of the aformentioned variables typically increase depending on the caliber of car. The more expensive the car, the more expensive the parts, the more detailed and perfected the products must be - especially since people are more likely to scrutinize a product on an expensive car, whereas they'll typically overlook some slapped together lights on a Kia.

As a car enthusiast, its always nice to see people fabricating new and cool ideas. I respect folks like Ivory GT and anyone else who does their R&D and puts in work. They understand how projects can be rediculously difficult, time consuming, and a huge liability. Afterall, this stuff has to work and endure many different types of conditions, beit cold, heat, oil, moisture, etc.

In a situation like this, the person (or company) should step forward and man-up. I mean, not all projects work out without problems. If the lenses are trash, swap'em out for new ones - simple as cake. Charge for the time and parts to do things right. Just remember folks, it doesnt matter if you're getting your lights modified, or your oil changed, or an alignment - the place you take your car, the people you trust with your parts - are responsible for them. Not all places do equal work obviously, so be careful who you trust. There's a big difference between a 5,000 car, 20,000 car, 50,000 car - and up. The more expensive the car, the more skilled, knowledgeable, dependable, and trustworthy the shop should be. I mean, top dollar shops typically charge top dollar because they understand liability.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Last edited by old_s13; 06-29-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Your beam pattern must be horrible with those lenses. Sorry.

I've had two members from this forum go to me for help when their lights were nonfunctional after modification from two different vendors/individuals. Maybe you can do a lense swap with one of those ebay headlights.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I read your post on my350z.com and had to comment. It's very upsetting to read stories like this and people being deceived.

I completely agree with Mike from clearcorners. No matter if you are a sole proprietor or a multi billion dollar corporation the second you accept payment, you are responsible to provide that person with a service or product that they are completely satified with. If they aren't you must do everything in your powers to make them satified even if that means you lose money or time on it.

I have fixed 2 sets of headlights in the past month that were modified by AAC. 1 Z's and 1 IS350 and I have another set coming in next week. I couldn't believe what I saw. They completely mangle the seam of the headlights and took 3-4 weeks to black them out. The job shouldn't take more than 2 days.

Let me know if you need my help.

Dan - www.MrZipps.com

Last edited by MrZipps; 07-06-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
What chobble has gone through is unacceptable. They should offer to repair or replace for free. In fact that 140 paint job should have been free.

Are they offering you any other solutions?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
thanks for the info Mr Zipps....i received an e-mail from aac stating there are buying new lenses and sending then to me. until then we'll see

Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
man whatta friggin mess! my driverside headlight started building up moisture inside a couple weeks ago and my hid bulb recently went out. So i take it apart and there was so much moisture build up inside the light that water was literally poooring out. so i let it sit replaced the hid ballast and it worked for 5 minutes until it blew again b/c more water got on it AAC (Mike) said he was going to send me lenses on june 28th and i havnt heard from them since....WHERE THEY AT MIKE?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
The best headlight modders on this board work out of a garage/basement, IvoryGT and Caskyline, they don't own "companies"

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to pm them when i am ready to do mine.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn... AAC blows.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
i just want to add that AAC has finally resolved this issue with me. They sent me a refund for $250 which is money i spent to buy new headlights basically so im happy i guess...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE AAC experience